James16 Group

Speaking of which, reading “Pring on Price Patterns” right now and can’t help but notice how everything that book talks about is basically the James16 system. The book was first published in 2004. Just sayin that he hasn’t come up with anything revolutionary. He makes no secret of that either though. Just sayin.

Seems that he has since mutated into a get rich quick kinda guy with that website of his and his recent foray back into day trading the dow. Doesn’t seem like the same guy who started that thread in 2005.

I joined James16 private forum last year. It was definatly worth it and definatly not a scam. James and all the senior members practice what they preach and they don’t hold anything back.
The truth is you could sift through the public forum and get most of the information for free and in fact that is definatly the most active forum.

What I did was I kept my membership for 2 months and studied the method and copied the videos.
James point about live trading is that he does not sell a signal service. His material is designed to make you trade for yourself and he wants you to be focused on A++ setups even if that means only 1 or 2 trades a month.

He is not a thief, he is not a sharloton, or a scammer. In fact I think if you were to try the private forum you would seriously say that is the best money you ever spent for your education as a trader.

But like I said you don’t need the pf because all the material is free to anyone right in the public forum it is just harder to compile and anyone who is familiar with that thread knows it grows by pages and pages every single day.

Whether it’s worth 130 a month, i dunno, but he’s not a scam.

I noticed that as well. I think what happened was some of the founders of FF created James16 group.

My whole point is…if he is a successful forex trader, why the pay site??? Not just a token amount either. $130/month is a make a killing type of site. Yea, he walks the talk. They all do. I never said they didn’t. All I am questioning is their real world success at actually making money doing it.

Why? Why the pay site? Why such a high cost? Why would they bother if they are making so much money already? Why is James more interested in daytrading dow these days? Why is Fijitrader shilling some resort hotel? Why?

I am not suggesting they are scammers per se. Nor am I questioning their character. I am questioning their success at their own trading. Seeing as how their pay site largely depends on them showing consistent results there is definitely a strong motivation to show you are successful at it yourself…at a minimum. In fact that is their whole marketing method. So if they are not successful at it there is an EXTREMELY strong motivation to pretend you are. That is what I am suggesting. Because that is what I am told when I follow the money.

Why don’t you ask those questions on the FF thread instead of here? And again, if you had read the thread which you obviously haven’t, you would have found that your questions have already been asked and answered years ago.

I think you’ve made your point by now. There’s a huge bunch of happy PF members that disagree with you, why don’t you go and tell them how wrong they are?

(btw, if you think 130$ per month is a lot, you’re probably seriously undercapitalized.)

Sure no problem. Would probably last about 1 minute before the post and my account were deleted. Thanks for the great advice!

Btw, I think paying $40/month for cable TV is too much too. Has nothing to do with my capitalization.

Nial Fuller offers similar price action educational material to James16 except that his is a one time flat rate, no monthly fees. I have been a student of Nial’s for nearly a year now and I can say without a doubt that his teachings are excellent. The trading course is awesome and he gives you access to lifetime updates. Its a steal.

If all these guys are making so much money at trading, why are they all selling something?

I guess selling these things is a way of them getting a more ‘stable’ income without them having to risk their own money (Even if they can make lots on Fx) and at the end of the day, you can’t blame them for trying to get every last penny out of it.

Its the basis of economics, we have unlimited wants but limited resources so those that have the resources will try and make money from it!

If you say so. To me all it says is that they don’t make much money trading.

Just because you have money doesn’t mean you lose the right/desire to earn more.

Just ask Warren Buffet…

Bad example. Try this one. Just because you are going to a banquet doesn’t mean you can’t bring a sandwich. But why would you?

Because you think your sandwiches are better than the crappy food at the banquet and you want to introduce them to other people.

When you let everyone else taste it they love your sandwich and ask you how to make them, so you open a sandwich-making school.

It costs money for the ingredients, plus it takes time to teach the would-be sandwich makers, so you charge for your services, even though you could just sell the sandwiches instead!

I totally agree. How about you give me some crumpled up ‘crappy’ hundred dollar bills and I will give you some beautiful crisp clean one dollar bills in a 1 to 1 exchange

Don’t forget the cost of spending time teaching instead of actually producing and selling sandwiches, aka opportunity cost.

The best part is that nobody’s forcing anyone to buy the sandwiches or to pay for the sandwich-school…

A lot of good points brought up in this thread. All in all, does it all matter?

I say there are those who trade to make money and there are those who talk about trading to make money & at the end of the day, there are those who do both to make money & that’s the answer to this whole thread.

The man trades & talks about trading to make his money.

Yes but my whole point is does he actually make money trading? If he was not running some pay website I probably would not question that.

I suspect the people REALLY making serious money doing this are not wasting their time on websites talking about whatever technique or system they use. They are too busy making money and enjoying life.

whether or not james16 makes money or not isn’t really the issue.

the issue is, does what he teaches work?

I think it doesn’t really matter, as long as what is taught actually works!