James16 Group

I now have come to Jacko’s thread. Now he seems more legit to me. Doesn’t have that daytrading (ie. gambling) streak in him like James16 which is probably what first started to bug me about James16 and made me question his motives.

Also, unlike James16, Jacko has a history of posting live trades. Can’t fake live trades. He also has posted a lot of details of how much he makes, percentages, unit size etc. Doesn’t seem as full of himself either. Seem more like the real deal.

Where can i find this ‘Jacko’s thread’ ?

Here you go: Jacko’s Forex House of Pleasure and Pain @ Forex Factory

I’d personally say that the J16 thread is superior but that’s my personal conclusion.

J16 incorporates a lot of Jackos stuff. That thread is just too big now. Someone needs to go through it and remove all the noise. I just read the summary posts.

The problem with J16 is he also daytrades the mini Dow and incorporates a lot of that mindset which is not really the same. He started out daytrading but much further on into the thread he started saying only trade D1 or W1 blah blah. The other curious thing is he never posts live trades. so I am skeptical that he is as good as he claims to be.

Not sure what you are talking about with the minimum account. You can easily open a forex account with $500 at several places. I think there are places that will accept even less.

I don’t see why Jacko’s system would not work in a bear account. As long as you stick to the higher time frames which is core to his system. I don’t see how daily candlesticks are considered “too fast”.

Nothing wrong with J16’s system either. They are not all that different. If anything J16 started out very much like Jacko but as time went on he made the typical mistake of creeping elegance by constantly adding…fluff…errr stuff. That seems to be one of the unfortunate side effects of him setting up a pay site where he needs to be constantly giving the impression he is adding value to keep subscribers.

Is english your first language? I am having a hard time understanding what your points are.

If you mean that it is curious J16 trades mini-dow because of the low capitalization requirements then I am with you on that.

The threads themselves are not big business. Their spin off websites are. ForexFactory itself is big business. I see a post on their blog today that they are hiring 2 new full time website managers. So I guess the people who run ForexFactory are enjoying their ‘hobby’ of running a website with staff etc. as they continue with their day job taking the advice on their own site and trading Forex making big bucks…NOT!

I still stick with my initial assessment. I can smell BS a million miles away and I say that J16 and a lot of his minions like Fijitrader etc. are scam artists. I don’t believe they make any more money in Forex than anyone else if they make anything at all.

I DO think Jacko is the real deal though for a few reasons. He live trades which you simply cannot fake. 3rd party individuals have met him in person and watched him trade in person and saw the size of him bank accounts. Also his signal service is reasonably priced and oriented towards more long term learning with the annual subscription.

Jacko is the only one of the pay site people I believe in though. There are lot’s of people in FF that freely share their methodologies which are worth listening to much more than someone trying to charge for it.

Well that is a bummer for Wayne I guess. Gotta wonder how much J16 is losing. Nobody will ever know because he doesn’t live trade which is probably why.

I was a member for a few months last year. I personally thought it has helped my own trading, so for me it was definately worth it.

There is quite a good guest section on the site that shows numerous webinars that they have done - for free. Some of them are truly worth watching repeatedly.

On another note it never ceases to amaze me that people think they have a right to recieve training/ books / mentoring etc for free. Some people really need to grow up in regards to their outlook on life. Take responsibility for their own success/ failure, instead of EXPECTING those that have succeeded through their own hard work and determination to hold their hand every step of the way - and then ***** like spoilt children if they get charged a fee.

Bahahaha…snort!

Translation: “I need to justify being sucked in and wasting my money by blaming people who didn’t”

Oh yea, I feel so bad for not wasting my money on those scams. Clearly I am at fault for not paying anyone for stuff I can find for free by using Google. What nerve! What gall!

Thanks for the laugh dooby!

not much good at translating are ya pal, what just scan through posts and without actually understanding them .
Like i said that particular site i found personaly well worthwhile-
No mention off fealing ripped off at all 'meaty’
Obviously what i wrote was a bit too close too home was it

I think this sums it up. James16 does make money trading, be it FX daily/weekly charts, the mini dow or whatever. The point of the method is that eventually you can trade (within reason) any security on any time frame.

If I was a successful full time trader who decided to teach my methods I would also charge for my time and effort. It’s not something he’s invented or come up with and if you actually read the full first post in the public forum you’d see acknowledgements to:

Martin Pring
Todd Mitchell
Austin Passamonte

We need to also keep in mind that you can learn everything in the PF for free in the public thread so he’s not witholding the real ‘meat’ of the material, it’s just more concise and structured in the private forum. If anyone is genuinely curious about the quality of the material the guest area videos etc are here:

Traders Links at The James 16 Group

You obviously have quite an axe to grind with J16 so I won’t engage you in your arguement that he’s a scam artist/not making money trading etc. I’ll just point out the basic facts for people unfamiliar with his methods that:

[B]It is all there for free on the public thread[/B] complete with seniors who will answer your questions and critique your trade set ups as well as posting their own.

James16 is the real deal as far as his trading for a living is concerned. I challenge you (as someone else already has ) to go and ask these questions and raise these same concerns over at FF.

I may be wrong, and I often am, but from the little I’ve seen, I very much doubt James16 trades for a living.

The real issue however is your comment about airing concerns over at FF. Are you really so nieve, or think that people are so stupid that they’d believe for one second that such questions would be tolerated on a commercial trading forum ?

James16 are an integral part of FF’S business model, and believe me, the admins at FF will do whatevers necessary to defend that position, as is their right.

1. You are wrong on this occasion
  2. This isn’t the first time someone has come along bashing J16, the PF and asking these questions and it won’t be the last. They come, they go, the thread and PF carries on and contuinues to produce successful traders.

But yes if it helps you to think that the ‘racket’ over at FF will not allow ‘the truth’ then go right ahead. I’m not aware of any affiliation between the J16 PF and FF. But then again ‘from the little I’ve seen’ they probably charge all the people in their commercial forum and have some form of vested interest.

The idea that the FF mods won’t allow anyhting negative said about J16 is hilarious :smiley:

Here are what people have said about J16 on reviewpips.com - not all good, but not all bad either:

James16 Group Reviews - Forex Self-Study Courses - Forex Education - ReviewPips.com

I am a member of the private website James 16 Group.
I am so glad I joined.
The public thread on forex factory is good and it is one of the most active. Mike, one of the seniors, said there had very recently been 8 million hits on the thread. Look at how people get a quick and common sense response to questions - this is how it is on the private site!

It is not a scam.
There are plenty of people joining the paid for site, but they suggest you follow the free thread for some time before committing your money.
You paid monthly for a year and then that is it you are a life member.
There are no adverts on the site.
There are a TON of videos.
There are numerous webinars every week.
We have a chat room which we are starting to use more.
The webinars and educational stuff is starting to expand into commodities and indices.
I have had personal emails from this guy.
I have his email and he is real.
There are several seniors who have there own sections and videos.
There are several methods used over and above that shown on the forex factory thread.

I have seen so much dumb stuff about forex and get rich stuff but this is the real thing.
The band width on this site must be very large and it runs a state of the art webinar chat room.
There is a LOT of time being spent by people who help run the site.
I don’t know if they get paid anything but if they do they deserve it.

I’m not sure what the purpose of running this site down is.
Other posters can decide that for themselves.

Here are several reasons you should [B]NOT[/B] join the james16 private forum:

You Should [B]NOT[/B] Join the James 16 Group if:

1. You are looking for Live Trading signals or set ups. We may do this someday, but for now we are strictly an educational service.
  2. You are looking for some self proclaimed guru to make you rich. I teach my 25 years of experience – nothing more and nothing less.
  3. You are looking for a totally mechanical system that will take all the work out of your hands and make you rich in six months. We don’t have such a system.
  4. You are looking to spend one month with us and obtain and understand everything we have to offer. I believe we can do great things for you over a period of time, but this business is not for people that think a month or two of training is enough. The reason we offer free membership after one year is to reward those that are truly serious.
  5. You expect me to be on the site everyday. I don’t want or need a job. I am on the site almost every day anyway, but once again, this site was not an attempt on my part to create a business or job for myself. I am always available via email. No question sent via my email goes unanswered.
  6. You are expecting new material to be released at regular intervals. You are purchasing access to current material that if taken seriously (in conjunction with following my advice) will take you months to fully implement. I do release new material from time to time, but I am careful about what I present to my members.
  7. You are looking to be spoon fed. The material is there and the support is there. It’s your responsibility to take it seriously. There is a reason that over 90% of those that attempt this business fail. This business will rip our heart out and hand it to you. My goal is to not let that happen to you. I cannot guarantee that it won’t, but I can give you 25 years of experience and advice on the best ways to make sure that at the very least you don’t do the stupid things most new traders do.
  8. The monthly fee is a burden to you and your family financially. You can obtain free help in the free thread at Forex Factory until you are better prepared. I help non members all the time via this thread.

Source - James16 private forum sign up page

That’s definitely a scam… :rolleyes:

better to read the forum "james16 Chart Thread " well before speaking …
who offers free content so high?
who is so open with users?
James and his staff are good people:)

Yes, I may well be wrong and thankfully it doesn’t really matter to me if he’s genuine or not, and I wish him the best of luck with his enterprise, but can you offer conclusive proof that I’m wrong ?

Who exactly is James16 ?, does he or his company file returns any place ?

What James does in his private and even his business life is his own business.

No-one has to prove anything.
If he doesn’t pay his tax then the IRS will be after him no doubt.

What I know is he offers a website I have paid 2 months subs for.
I could resign now but I intend to continue paying my subs for the year because it is good value to me.
I have found logical and clear advice and content.
I have found a friendly genuine membership.
This is all that matters to me.
If he makes a million dollars a year out of it, that does not matter to me.

It is more expensive than many websites but until you have joined and discovered what there is there, you cannot state it is a con or poor value.
I will be attending yet another webinar today and I believe I will be learning something; yet again.

This is getting silly - there is proof in a 44k page thread that’s been going since 2005. If you wanted to dig up company information I’m sure you could.

Its not remotely silly. Its a perfectly valid question. My company turnover and profits are no secret and they are available to anyone who wishes to spend a few euros doing their due dilligence. My bankers are happy to provide references to potential clients etc. There’s hardly a month goes by without us disclosing this type of information to potential clients. Quite seriously, who in their right mind would not undertake such due dilligence ?

This is the case with ALL businesses, not just trading related services.

So I ask you directly, why do you think that James16 hides behind an annonymous username on a forum ? and whilst were at it, do you not find it strange that the simplest of questions results in multiple comments from new members who joined today simply to defend this particular vendor ?