James16 pin bar analysis

hey boca thanks for the lead on the screen capture tool it works great!!!

allthough i see when i resize it with tinypic it gets grainy but its ok ill have to work on it and tweak a little :smiley:

I am considering going long.
There is a very nice pin bar bouncing off a confluence of 61.8 fib ret, 365ema, 150ema, and a major PPZ on the monthly chart.

I have then zoomed into the weekly and there as well is a pin bar bouncing off confluence which IMO helping with making a smaller stop.

ok we are not on swing high\low…maybe we will be their within a couple of years lol…this is the monthly chart.

There is a strong barrier the price must pass though before going long. I have highlighted another major PPZ which is forming above the pin bar. I won’t enter long until it breaks that area. If it do breaks it, high chance it will act as support and we are safe.

I have made a several pics for doing it clearer…hope it’s ok.

Now help me find reasons why NOT taking that trade! :wink:

Ben

Monthly chart:

Monthly chart:

Weekly chart:

hey ben nice analysis.

did you read ghous’ intro to ipb’s? I was just looking at that.

what you will have to do is watch and see what price decides to do coz i think it could break long and if it does than you have your plan in place.

what if it breaks short do you have a plan to trade it as an ipb?

thanks for the charts my friend

I discovered some time ago what the reason was for the grainy picture when it is resized.

It is important that you [U]save the original large size into a file[/U] before you take it and resize it.

For some reason, [U]the saving of the original picture[/U] into a file prevents the grainy appearance when you resize the original.
When finished resizing, you can then [U]delete [/U]the original from the file in which you saved it.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I know you are trying to be helpful, Boca, but there is no need for that.

I have probably posted more pictures on my threads than everyone else combined!! (Hey, I am bragging! :stuck_out_tongue: :o :o) - and that from Dealbook.

All you have to do is to use print screen then click edit/paste in Microsoft Paint.
There you save the picture in a file of your choice, then resize your picture to 54% in Paint, (save that too), and send that to Image Shack.

Alternatively, save your original as before, NO RESIZING and send the original to Photobucket.

Providing you have saved the original, your forum post picture will be excellent.

All file savings can be deleted when the forum post is complete because the images are then saved in the Image Server.

For full details, go to the following thread whick I created some time ago especially for these cases…

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/25217-how-post-charts-forum.html

tymen thanks for the advice i appreciate it. the only problem I am having is my print screen f12 doesn’t work. It must be my computer because I can’t seem to get any of the f keys to work. I can print using control p but then it is saved in pdf unless you are suggesting save the pdf in mspain then resave it as a jpeg.

I miss mt4 for this coz i could right click and then save picture as and it works great. you will notice I still use mt4 when I want to post a chart but i must admit gft has far more pairs.

have a good rest of your sunday, john

Ben, looking at the monthly chart on my tool, though it looks like a good pin bar but it is at the traffic. Though it seems like trending up from Jan 2009,there is more ranging in the last 4 months than trending. I am a newbie… this is just my IMO

From the last 2 months it closed above 87 so I believe we can safely go for a long at 87 on retracement. IMO…

Gold Line are - FIB Lines
Green are - S+R
Blue - Trend line

[QUOTE=benji533;124516]I am considering going long.
There is a very nice pin bar bouncing off a confluence of 61.8 fib ret, 365ema, 150ema, and a major PPZ on the monthly chart.

I have then zoomed into the weekly and there as well is a pin bar bouncing off confluence which IMO helping with making a smaller stop.

ok we are not on swing high\low…maybe we will be their within a couple of years lol…this is the monthly chart.

There is a strong barrier the price must pass though before going long. I have highlighted another major PPZ which is forming above the pin bar. I won’t enter long until it breaks that area. If it do breaks it, high chance it will act as support and we are safe.

I have made a several pics for doing it clearer…hope it’s ok.

Now help me find reasons why NOT taking that trade! :wink:

Ben

Monthly chart:

nevermind i had a brain fart lol!!!

I think I’ll use MacGyver as my online alterego :slight_smile:

cool macgyver it is :smiley:

@ John - Yes, I have seen his IPB introduction…good stuff. But in the meantime I don’t have any plans to go short here. Maybe his price action based on IPB tells him to go short, but all the other tools I have mentioned don’t support that desicion. I will take my time latter to look at it again and see if I can find a good reason to go short.

@ cprao - It’s ok. I am a newbie as well. I also gave my opinion…nothing I say are golden words :slight_smile:

I understand your point about the traffic. But remember it’s a monthly chart. I do not have to go through all that traffic. A small move on the chart has a value of a few hundreds pips.

Take a look on my first chart. You can see where is the strong 91-92 PPZ I have draw. If you will go back in time, you will see that it’s a very strong PPZ. I think that a very good chance it will act as a strong support area [B][U]if the price will break it[/U][/B]. The break of that area is also a break of a long pin bar plus all the confluence.

The real traffic starts where I have highlighted in blue the previous bar lows. I have showed it on my first chart.

So between that strong PPZ and those bar lows, I have a space of 300 pips. Yea, it doesn’t look like that, but is a monthly chart.

Anyway, remember I am a newbie as well, and that is truly not an A++ setup. Just an attempt to find something interesting during the weekend :slight_smile:

But I will still go long if that PPZ will break. I am trading the demo, so it can’t harm me. like jim says “there is no reason you will lose a dime while learning to trade” :stuck_out_tongue: that’s true.

Ben

I want to ask you what you mean by ‘ghous’ intro to ipb’s?’

Is that a thread … which one.

Thanks

ok so this will be my plan [U][B]IF[/B][/U] I’ll enter this trade.

\ben

John was referring to this post:

[U]IPB introduction[/U]

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Ben

hey ben looks like the cable is deciding to go north. maybe the newyork boys will drive it down again and form a nice daily pb.

the only thing we can do is let price dictate our move and in the meantime we can have a plan for whichever scenario that plays out.

to quote Eohater from ff…

Trade what you see not what you expect

@ben btw thanks for posting that link

Yea…but I have placed my entry point lower enough so it didn’t trigger and I didn’t enter the trade :slight_smile:

Ben

Yea…but I have placed my entry point lower enough so it didn’t trigger and I didn’t enter the trade

that is the beuty of the pinbar it basically never fails when it is at a key level it will either work and be profitable or break even or it won’t trigger a trade at all. Isn’t it great? to be apart of the best trading on earth simple and effective

Hey Johnny,

May I ask how many pairs that you watch regularly?

I’m in the process of switching to trade in this manner. Since I’ll be looking only at weekly and daily I was wondering how many pairs one generally needs to watch in order to get 2-4 A++ setups per month?

I’m thinking somewhere between 10-20 maybe? Working through 20 charts every weekend to adjust S/R means a bit of work though so I wanted to get some input from you or any other people with some experience in trading this way.