Japanese candlestick VS Heiken-Ashi candlestick

Good day fellow traders

I write today to you in request to ya’ll opinion on the Heiken-Ashi candlestick

So recently I read more about the Heiken-Ashi candlestick in dept and it seems like a good candlesticks to filter out all the market noise. Therefore I’m only requesting your opinion on it if you have encounted it before.
If whether it be possible to completely replace Japanese candlestick with Heiken-Ashi candlestick and apply price action?

RSVP​:sunflower::crown:.

Hi. I also like the heiken-ashi candlestick. But personally if I am trading short time frames, I would not use it as it gives unrealistic signals in the shorter time frames. So for me personally, I would use heiken - ashi in longer time frames. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you,your opinion and response is highly appreciated.

Hello Snow6lack. Welcome to this forum.

I wrote an extensive series of posts on Heiken-Ashi charting, back in February of this year.

If you are fully up-to-speed on how Heiken-Ashi candles are constructed, and how they combine to form Heiken-Ashi charts, you might want to skip the first three posts in that series, and go straight to post #4. That post addresses the question you raised: Whether Heiken-Ashi charts can replace standard Japanese candlestick charts.

On the other hand, if you are not completely sure of your understanding of Heiken-Ashi, how it is similar to standard candlesticks, and how it differs from standard candlesticks, then you might want to start at the beginning, and read the entire series titled Heiken-Ashi — candles, charts, prices, and trading.

2 Likes

Heiken ashi is more precise under all circumstances, unlike the Japanese candlesticks.

I think Heiken Ashi is a good option when you don’t want to use Japanese candlestick patterns. It is up to you what you want to use and how well you understand a pattern. The ultimate goal is to make profits and your efforts should be in that direction only.