JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

@sithjawa - re: Greg Jones conversation: Amazed as usual. You are one deep dude!

@sithjawa + Everyone - Bank holiday in the UK Monday and Tuesday, how/will this affect your trading of the system?

No they don’t, I got burned holding a position over a weekend.

When the market opened it was beyond my stop loss and I got charged to that amount.

I was just about to ask this!

@smacko: newsimpact.com their free trial lasts a very long time, after that I think it’s $20 a month, they also send you all the news announcements :slight_smile: all of it straight to your phone, and the interface is very simple to use

And that sounds like a good lot size :slight_smile: just remember you have to be able to split the lots you trade in half for half take profits

@carrotop: about 80% winning trades is the ballpark, but that of course is not including the winning trades that only make it to half tp as well as the losing trades that get reversed before they stop out :slight_smile:

@slipp3ryWhippit: aha thank you :slight_smile: a bank holiday shouldn’t affect the way the system trades much, all it should change is the volatility and pip ranges for the pairs affected meaning it could be bad or it could be good, but it should even out to just having fewer or less fruitful trades at the most

And that’s good to know about the stops, sorry you had a bad experience :3

@SithJawa thanks for the response. Will continue to try out the system nxt few wks…hopefully can find more profitable trades out there. Really looking forward to the potential of this system!

I am delighted with your system and have already voted for it in this month’s competition.

I have also taken my time to review the rules as posted in post No1. I can see strong chances of succeeding with this system.

Again, I want to request that you post your charts frequently to help some us understand how and why you take some trades.

At times, I get confused with flipping between 4hr TF and 1Hr TF, especially as it regards picking the appropriate candles. I read some where in the thread where you recommended counting the mother bar in determining the average value of HL in picking the direction to trade a pin bar.

Pls, I would be most grateful if you can throw more light on this because a couple of trials I did with the rule in post 1 seemed not to be successful most times.

I really love and hope I master this system so that I can stop searching for trading methods with high probability of winning.

Thank you again for your invaluable contributions.

My name is Prescia.

Dear SJ,

Please, find attached charts of 4HR and 1hr TFs of AUDJPY.

I marked arrow to show what I consider a [B]pin bar[/B] on the 4hr Tf and the same arrow is shown to spot the very last 1hr candle of that Pin Bar (I guess I am right?)

In the 1hr Chart, I marked what I considered the 1st Quarter or rather the first candle (1hr candle) of that 4HR signal.

Please, help me verify/confirm if I am correct in that assumption. This is to help me understand correctly the counting process of the candles when flipping from 4hr to 1hr.

Finally, If the setting is correct, do you think that trade was a success, partial success or a failed signal as a result of the following price action depicted by the following candles in 1hr TF and the bullish candle seen in the next 4hr bar.

I am very sorry for all the inconveniences.

Please, help me to learn better.

Thanks again for your understanding

Yours’
Prescia

Where the arrow is on your one hour chart should be the first 1hr candle in the 4hr you selected.

On the 4 hour chart, use the vertical line tool (or arrow, or whatever) and select the candle you want. When you go down to the 1 hour chart, the vertical line will still be there over the first 1hr candle.

Imagine combining the 4 1hr candles and they should look like the 4hr candle you selected.

[QUOTE=philosophunculist;357054]Where the arrow is on your one hour chart should be the first 1hr candle in the 4hr you selected.

On the 4 hour chart, use the vertical line tool (or arrow, or whatever) and select the candle you want. When you go down to the 1 hour chart, the vertical line will still be there over the first 1hr candle.

Imagine combining the 4 1hr candles and they should look like the 4hr candle you selected.[/QUOTE]

Dear philosophunculist,

I have done what you asked me to do. I used Arrows to signify the 4hr candle and the same candle and arrow are shown when I switched to 1Hr.
Please, I did not show the vertical ine because it will obstruct viewing the full candle especially the shadow of the pin bar.

From the chart yet attached again for your confirmation, what do you say about the trade generated by this 4HR signal in line with the rules of this thread on PIN BARS.

Or, are u confirming that the 4hr candle is not a valid pin bar to be traded.

Please, I sincerely need your response.

Thanks again and again

Prescia,

I only mentioned the vertical line because that’s what I use. The arrow serves the same purpose.

I was just pointing out that the arrow represents the first one hour candle, not the last one.

In this case, the trade would have been a loser, but it looks like a valid trade.

It also looks like it could be part of a morning star formation, although I personally wouldn’t trade one that late on a Friday.

Thanks a lot for that quick response

I appreciate your help.
Pls, in this case, do you have any filter or approach to avoid taking this kind of trade as my review showed that the trade did not even record any retracement at all to recognize the signal bar. It started failing from entry to the end of the trade.

Kindly help me with any filter in the spirit of this system to ignore such trades.

God Bless You.

Prescia.

It’s very easy Prescia,

Just hover with your mouse over the 4hr bar. It will tell you the opening time of this candle (pinbar)
Then go to the 1 hour chart, hover over the candles and find the same timevalue (openingtime) on your 1hour chart. That candle is your first of four candles which made the pinbar on the 4hr chart. Without blocking your view with the vertical line.

However, the vertical line is not blocking the info you need on the one hour chart. As we only have to see the closes of those candles.

Or you could use my indicator which tells you the same stuff :wink: (on own risk ofcourse…)

greets,

Jonkie76

@prescia: what those guys said :stuck_out_tongue: they are correct, and putting any filter on this system will reduce its profitability substantially, i believe a page or two back you’ll see my long response to a similar question, take the loss and move on :slight_smile:

@everyone: I will be incredibly busy this week and i am going on another vacation (to Massanutten in Virginia, woot mountains), it wont really be much of a vacation because i’ll be working but i may or may not have signal half the time, so i will try to answer any questions you may have but it might not be in a timely manner :3

Dear SithJawa,

I want to thank you and others that responded to my requests.

Please, if you have the opportunity before traveling this week as you said, help me with charts showing your trades with the Stars. I am now through with the approach to Inside bars and Pin bars and would like to understand graphically via clean charts, set ups based on stars in the spirit of the Checklist.

Charts posted so far seemed not to show 4HR TF when switched to 1hr TF with clear markings to convey appropriate entries. Please, I would like very clearly shown signals in 4HR TF and how they were managed in the 4 1HR Candles as regards the Star Formation.

Thanks for everything,

Prescia

@prescia: im sorry if it was unclear :\ but the only entries that zoom in to the 1 hour chart to determine direction are indecision candles, stars and inside bars only use the 4 hour charts as entry is determined by the surrounding 4 hour candles to those signals, i will be able to post pictures later :slight_smile: but again, only use the 1 hour confirmation to determine entry on indecision candles, stars and inside bars use other methods as described in their descriptions

Yes, of course I understand now. I read the checklist again visa-vis the posts on Page I.

I would use this week to test extensively my understanding of the system.

My confidence is being renewed with this system and give you all the thanks for sharing.

I subscribe and hope to learn more from you.

Have a wonderful time and successful vacation.

Prescia

@jawa: market has just opened, every chart has a inside bar. The high price is far from opens, one is over 100pips. Do you normally trade off signals based off last Friday’s candles?

@smacko: no i only trade with this weeks candles, last weeks candles data cant be used because we dont know where momentum and sentiment went over the weekend :slight_smile: so only use one weeks candles at a time

@smacko: I was rushing when I typed my last response and I realize there is actually only one entry I would consider using last weeks candles with, stars, there are for instance stars forming on two charts right now using last weeks huge bull rally at the end of the week, the indecision candles that followed, and new bearish bars forming now

Ahh I knew I shouldn’t have looked at the charts before when I said I was gonna trade :3 probably entering sell orders on all 4 pairs