JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

Just got whipsawed out of 2 trades D:!! Starting the week -80 pips like a boss :P! And that ladies and gentlemen is the story of why sithjawa decided he would no longer trade until 12AM EST Monday, and how he failed miserably at keeping his plan

OK so just had pin bars on eur and gbp, my first live trades have been placed. :slight_smile: I’ll try not look again until 5mins before candle close

@smacko: it was hard for me at first to completely forget about my trades until the next 4 hours had passed, but now its like i dont even think about it :slight_smile: its like i place my trades, forget bout them, come back, trade more, repeat for a week, look back and say hey i made money :smiley: true story

Knowing you were on dangerous ground and lost, but still able to accept it because you knew better says a lot about about your system, and the confidence you have in it. Reading your statement made me laugh because it shows how confidence and will power are so important in trading. I’m guilty of not sticking to rules, and bouncing from system to system. However, I have been studying your system for a week and pledge to follow the rules to the best of my ability and stick with it!
Thanks for sharing with us.

@systemslave: I think we all are at some point :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll get it back and then some by the end of the week for sure :slight_smile: i have no doubts whatsoever, what was scary however is how first of all i had already planned on not trading that candle anymore because it has statistically low probability of winning, like shockingly low :l and i was on my mobile mt4 at walmart placing the trades, and it takes forever to to place stop losses, so i hadn’t even placed my stop losses when in a matter of 3 seconds i was over 150 pips in the negative! luckily i was able to close my positions right around where my losses wouldve been if i had stops in place :expressionless: good luck trading the system :slight_smile: remember to stick to the rules like a machine! i’ve learned my lesson for the week :stuck_out_tongue: not to even look at the candles if im not going to trade because i have no self control when i see perfect setups :frowning:

Exactly…“stick to the rules like a machine”! Re-enforcement from these threads are also a big help and should make it easier to break bad habits:)

@jawa: with confirming signals, if the new signal is an inside bar, do you wait for it to be filled before moving the sl, tp on the first trade?

EDIT

@jawa: with inside bars, if the order hasn’t been filled but the price has gone past the stop lost, would you close out the pending trade?

Yes, when the inside bar limit order on the low/high of the preceding motherbar gets triggered. That is the moment to adjust your positions which are already opened. This can be that you have to close an opposing position which has become negative, or this could be changing the stoploss and targets to the new position if the open positions are in the same direction.

sithjawa,
I just wanna say THANK YOU, THANK YOU,
For the very first time i can confidentlly allow my wife to take a glance into my account , cause i have been too ashame to actaully allow her look at my balance due to my daily loses.
this system has helped me and has actaully came at the time i was thinking of given up on forex
thank you once again.

@Jonkie: thanks for that, thats what i was thinking

@Jawa: I now have two sell pin bar trades running and one inside bar buy waiting to get filled.
the order the signals came was pin bar sell, inside bar buy, pin bar sell.

I have adjusted by sl and tp for the first pin bar to match the 2nd… however if the inside bar gets filled, i would then close both pin bar sells? or should the inside bar now be ignored as a new opposing signal has come since?

Dear smacko,

Please, it will be of great help if the trades charts are posted to help everyone assimilate and easily understand the set ups without much confusion or doubt.

Kindly avail the thread the charts of the three trades you are looking at.

Thank you

Prescia

Yay! Aud/USD buy on last night’s 00:00 pin bar hit 40 pip TP, even though it was against trend, looks like it was just shy of 70 pips, but still close, so that may hit, too…just demo for now.

@prescia

here’s the 3 trades (they make up the first 3 4hr candles for today 4th june)
red arrow = sell
green arrow = buy

the two sell trades are still going, both close to stop.
the buy hasn’t been filled yet (the entry is about 10 pips before the sell trades stop lost, both sells have the same stops as the 1st trade was brought forward to match the new sell)

here’s the 3 trades (they make up the first 3 4hr candles for today 4th june)
red arrow = sell
green arrow = buy

the two sell trades are still going, both close to stop.
the buy hasn’t been filled yet (the entry is about 10 pips before the sell trades stop lost, both sells have the same stops as the 1st trade was brought forward to match the new sell)[/QUOTE]

Dear smacko,

I saw the candles but they do not show the pair. However, does it mean that the two sells are loosing as traded pin bars?
or are you trailing the stops? I see the buy as an inside bar you are waiting for the breaching of the mother bar High to go long.

Please, I am right with my observations.

Thank you.

EDIT. double post

yes waiting for the high of the mother bar, actually it was just hit. Trailing stops are not used, however, stops are adjusted when another confirming signal appear. Check out the first post and the links there, it’s all covered.

Unfortunately it hasn’t been a great start to the week with multiple losses and no wins, I think jawa might right about mondays

No an limit order stays there for the time being.
The best rule for closing the limit orders is when the TP1 of the opposing signal gets hit. This gives the system the right signal that the choosen direction of the insidebar is not correct and can be closed.

However sometimes a price can stay within in an narrwo range, not hitting your TP1 and not hitting your limit order.
Than you use the 24-72 hours rule to close the order. So when not hit after 72 hours remove the limit order.
Jawa stated a few posts back that he sometimes lets limit order stay there for 2 or 3 days.
after that periode he closes them. So 3 days is 72 hours. So than close the order.

@Jonkie76: thanks, i made the right choice left the inside bar, until it got hit. quickly closed out both pins bars (only 10pips from full stop loss) the inside bar went on it hit full profit…

its just after 3am here, got up and put 3 pin bar signals on, off to bed now!

@everyone: sorry I don’t have time to read and reply to messages today guys, I’m swamped with other investment related work compounded with a nagging family, thanks for being awesome and helping each other out :slight_smile:

@smacko: I’m considering not trading Mondays anymore, just like the first candle of the week Mondays have a horribly low rate of return, probably because people are still hammering out what happened over the weekend and devising the weeks direction and etc.

Also I feel like I’m the only American Here D:

EDIT: also remember, it ALWAYS picks up in the middle of the week :slight_smile:

Texan here, and proud of it!