JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

Thank You Pipcompounder for quick response. I am using Hot forex MT4 charts for my trials. Do you think that the difference in server time between various brokers will increase or decrease the profitability of this wonderful system ?. I am planning to trial the system with different brokers having different server times. Any how, I will be posting my trades on other pairs for getting clear about the accuracy of my trades with the rules of the system.

Just so everyone knows the 00:00 EST close is 1 hour before 17:00 EST close on 4 hour candles.

I think server time makes big difference.

Your understanding of the system is correct, the Indecision bars is not just Doji or whatever naem you give them. They are bounded by a simple rule. les than 35% body to bodylength and at least one wich with more than 50 % of candlelength. So if you call them doji, hammer, or whatever dont matter. This is the rule you only follow to signal an Indecision bar for this syste, And Jawa also refers at them with the name Pinbars… so don’t confuse them.

2nd question, On the first page of this thread jawa explained what to do when having multiple signals after each other and with different opposing signals. Jawa told you have to check the closes of 8 candles, for 2 signals, or even 12 for 3 signals and so on.

3rd question, We always check every 4 hour candle, but it isn’t really bad if you mis one, when you get your beauty sleep :wink:

Thanks a lot Pipcompounder.

I have just opened a demo account and downloaded forex.com MT4 for further comparison of server times on your opinion in post # 482. Presently I am having 4 different platforms with different server times. I will compare and will find out the best one suiting to this system and will post for everybody’s knowledge. (But, according to SJ, server time is not a constraint for profits as somebody will get signals that others don’t get and somebody won’t get signals that others get). But I also feel that the server time can affect the profitability.

Now I am not worried about profits and Server time. I want to know about my obligation to the system (Am I perfect with the system) with some answers for the questions I tweeted in post #476 and 479 with charts. I am again asking you, good guys to have a look at my charts and advice me on following doubts.

1. Am I right in my trades according to the rules of the system ? If not, please explain.
  2. Is any additional trading signals are there in the chart (like stars and inside bars) which are not noticed by me ?

Please see the trades on 4th and 5th of May with AUDJPY 4 Hour chart

See 1 H chart for Trade No 2

See 1 H Chart for Trade No. 3

Results

Trade No 1, was a Sell stop order from an inside bar and not get triggered.
Trade No 2 and 3 were Sell order for which both hit stop Loss.

Net Result -80 pips

Please advice me

-bijoymj, your entries are correct for the signals…it’s just that the signals themselves seem flawed as they are opposite mine (wish I could post pics)

it is now 10 minutes until next 4 hour candle for me…if all pairs continue falling, they will all be pin bars, if they stay same, only AUD\USD will be pin bar

It will take further one and half hours for my 4 hour candle to close. Last candles closed at two and half hours before and there was no valid trades.

-pipcompounder, Please post some pictures

I wish I could post pics, but I am using an iPad…so I have sells on both AUD pairs, the AUD/JPY did come down enough before closing to become pin bar…will update he outcome of these trades.

If you have multiple servers, just check them until you see one where the next 4 hour candle just started, and the candle before it is pin bar for the AUD pairs, when you zoom in to the 1 hour TF, it should be the same as mine, sell signal…if you post pics, I can tell you if they are same as mine.

@smacko: America isn’t the best place to have a broker unfortunately :\ strict regulations make our spreads higher and our max leverage 50:1 :3 But all the spreads and swaps are floating, but GBP/JPY has pretty consistent liquidity so its relatively the same always

@Bijoymj: Welcome to the thread :slight_smile: I think you have the system down pretty well EXCEPT I think you are using the wrong 1 hour candles :3 I dont have much time so please read pages 46-47 of this thread, smacko had the exact same problem, you’ll see on the EUR/JPY chart he posted that it is the exact same server time as you and a majority of his trades lost pips as well, but in the end it turned out an inside bar rule was forgotten and the wrong1 hour candles were used

@PREDITER: Welcome to the thread :smiley: There are a lot of variables and small rules that have to be remembered, i would suggest using the checklist i made :slight_smile: it will take you a while of trading this to master it i think, anyways Yes we trade every single 5 hour candle, and if there are opposing signals we instantly close out our current orders and place new orders, it doesnt matter whether those trades are negative or positive, we close them :slight_smile: The only exception to this is indecision candles which must pass a filter if their opposing signals are CONSECUTIVE, meaning one signal immediately after the other, and both signals have to be indecision candles, the stars and inside bars have no filters and just automatically change our direction :slight_smile:

I’m seeing a valid bear signal on AU, can you confirm?

Thank you very much for your reply, I will re-read my print outs again to clarify the system. I think I may of got confused as I was reading the whole thread but I see Jawa re written the first post so it continues to be updated as things develop.

Its nice to be here thanks for the welcome

Check list meaning your first post?

Ive used so many different systems from my own to others and I must admit this one seems to easy to understand and implement.

I will carry on reading to make sure I am up to speed with the current system and I will put it into practise,

I will report back and give a update of my trades, I think I will give it some days before I can give a honest opinion but looking forward to dealing this way

Kind regards

I think AUD/JPY and AUD/USD close candles on Forex.com are valid pin Bars with sell signal

looks good to me, only your red box shows measuring from open of 4th candle from right…needs to be close of that candle to close of last candle.

AUD\JPY trade stopped out, AUD\USD trade sell still open, and it’s also an inside bar…seems to be showing sell?

EDIT: Added stop sell at bottom of mother bar…other pairs had mother bars, but they were probably pin bars, too much indecision for me to say they’re valid mother bars.

@pipcompounder: yeah news anouncements have been killer today :l super unexpected bull move, curse you fundamental traders D:

Yeah get this…g7, interest rates reports by FOUR central banks, ECB giving away tons of Euros to spain, greece, and now cyprus, artificially inflating price…blah blah blah…will wait for next 4 hour candle.

Had another two losers from a candle a few hours ago. I have decided stop live trading.

I will start demo again tonight but with forex.com that way I can focus on the system and can get easier feedback on the signals take.

@smacko: that might be a good idea until you have everything down pat :slight_smile: this had Been literally the worst news announcement day in months, normally when news announcements come especially when they come in such quantity you can expect some to work in your favor, some to do nothing, and some to work against you, today every single one worked against us :3 I went from being +130 pips with +80 pips floating to negative 200 :stuck_out_tongue: it happens, I still expect to get it all back by the end of the week though :slight_smile: I guess when you make a system and trade it long enough along side having months of backrest data you can have the confidence I have :smiley: right now it looks like the market might go bearish for a bit but who knows, maybe another news announcement will screw us :stuck_out_tongue:

@smacko: and what’s worse is the last trades I had were just a few pips away from moving stops to break even and taking half profit, which would’ve left me nearly + 200 pips for the week including my Sunday mistake, just bad luck :3

EDIT: just remember, you know this is a great system that’s technically and fundamentally sound, master it,keep your confidence, I see way too many traders on this forum jumping strategy to strategy before giving up :3