JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

okay so in that cause the indicator is correct and I placed the trades in the correct direction. i managed 9 out of 10 losers.

hmmmm so i’m not doing anything wrong then?

@smacko: sorry I’m tired, and I didn’t even notice at first, but your inside bars :3 the mother bar in an inside bar CANNOT be an indecision candle :3 the engulfed candle can be, but not the mother bar, it’s on the first post :3

@smacko: I think it’s already been said but just for clarification what candle close time do you have? Or when did your last candle close time rise? 30 minutes ago? An hour and a half? I’ll backrest this all on that server time tomorrow :slight_smile:

@smacko: could I see the 1 hour candles for signal three on GBP/JPY?

my broker time is currently 12:32

the candle times are 0:00, 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00

here is trade 3 for gbpjpy

looks like the indicator was incorrect? it gave a sell

@smacko: thanks :slight_smile: the inside bars aside it is possible you hit a bad streak as its only the start of the week, assuming all the 1 hour’s are correct ad well :slight_smile:

EDIT: but in this case it’s not a bad streak, yes it looks as though the indicator was incorrect as that was a clear buy signal :3

DOUBLE EDIT: so it would seem the indicator is a tad off, whether it’s the indicator or a glitch in its rendering on your mt4 I don’t know, but you should definitely start double checking your 1 hour candles :slight_smile: and remember the mother bar can’t be an indecision candle, it’s the many small rules like that that make the checklist useful :slight_smile:

here the chart of eurjpy.

trade 2 the only winner, was an invalid signal lol
trade 5, indicator was wrong, 1hour shows a sell (see redline through 4hr signal)

@smacko: yeah just remember to check the 1 hours :slight_smile: trade 5 was a sell, and I’m sure some of the other trades had proper directions as well

Btw im going to pass out now :stuck_out_tongue: it’s 6AM, the birds won’t shut up and I’m on vacation D: Atleast I have another candle to look forward to waking up too in 2 hours <\3

Just remember all the small rules, use the checklist until you master them all, and master filtering out the indecision candles direction manually :slight_smile:

@jawa: thanks for staying up!!! your guidance is priceless!
okay so the lesson for this week is do not trade off the indicator blind, confirm myself (i was being lazy). i have confirmed at least 3 directions given by the indicator were wrong. i will use the indicator to advise a pin bar, but i will always check myself. the system does work, i have no doubts! i will get my losses but this week i’m sure!

@Jonkie76: i’m not sure if the issue is at my end (eg my mt4 or my broker), i will continue to run the indicator and compare the signal, i did not have any issues last week using the same broker in demo, i am using the same copy of mt4 as well. When you get time, please at the high/low price for inside bars, i find it hard to see that price when using mt mobile.

@smacko: you’re welcome :slight_smile: this whole thread is to help people out anyways, I honestly don’t mind :slight_smile: plus I can’t help it D: I swear u dream in candle harts now… I’ve spent too long a day for far too long doing nothing but the forex, even my vacations are taken over :stuck_out_tongue: well good luck, even I forget the small rules occasionally and even trade emotionally, Considering it’s only Tuesday morning I think you have pleeenty of time to recover :slight_smile:

Sorry guys, haven’t had time to read over the last posts…maybey tonight and see whats wrong with the indicator.

It’s the indicator, smacko…to me it’s extremely easy to get into 1 hour chart and compare the close of 1 and 4 candles.
Also, it’s possible when your looking back in time, that the 4rth 1 hour candle is the close of the 4 hour candle, but when it’s aboutime to do it live, it’s easier because it’s just the last 1 hour candle you see until the next hour has started…gotta trade now, GPB/JPY looks like a pin bar…

@jonkiw76: it’s all good :smiley: we talk a lot so it might take a bit to read aha

@pipcompounder: just bought GBP/JPY, and sold AUD/USD and AUD/JPY, I am currently sitting on +100 pops of open positions, the last 4 candles produced 4 sells, Two evening stars and two pins, now I am selling on two more evening stars on those pairs, I’ll explain more when I can see straight

Yeah, I bought GJ and EJ, but don’t know much about morning/evening stars, so no new trades on Aud pairs.

Edit: hah! Those pairs I just mentioned just hit their first TP while I was typing that!..my little account now up 18%, with the other half trades going at it!

okay so my next candle closed 10mins ago, i have 3 trades placed, one pin bar, two inside bars (one live, one pending)… all are buys… i confirmed the pin bar myself, which matched the indicator.

@jawa: no stars on my charts that i can see… might demo your broker see how different it is.

EDIT.

@jawa: just download forex.com demo, i can see stars!! lol the charts are very different!
i might change broker once i get my balance back up ahha… will make gets my charts checked by you a lot easier haha
although the spreads are a lot wider, gbpjpy is 5 (looks fixed?), on pepperstone is 1.4 (floating)…

Dear SJ,

I am a newbie in forex trading and was going through this thread since from commencement. I decided to have a trial on all the four pairs (GBP/JPY, AUD/JPY, EUR/JPY, AUD/USD) strictly following the system rules (manually without any indicators) on a demo account having server time as GMT + 3.00. I started my trial on 5th May and is on fly. I am just publishing the details of trades executed for thees two days with charts on all the pairs for your reference and clearance of following two questions.

1. Am I right in my trades according to the rules of the system ? If not, please explain.
  2. Is any additional trading signals are there in the chart (like stars and inside bars) which are not noticed by me ?

Please see the 4 Hour chart of AUD/USD marked with trades

1 Hour chart for pin bar trade (No.2 on 4 H)

1 Hour Chart for pin Bar Trade (No. 3 on 4 H)

Results

Trade no. 1, A Sell stop order on inside bar which was not triggered
Trade No. 2, A Buy order on Pin bar.The trade hit both half and full profits resulting in an effective gain of 55 pips
Trade No. 3, A Sell order on Pin bar. The trade hit Stop Loss and lost 40 pips

Net Result = + 15 pips.

I will post the trades of other pairs in further posts as I am unable to upload more charts in a single post.

Please go through the charts and kindly advice me on my questions .

@Jawa or anyone else who can help with some questions

First thanks for posting your system, it makes very interesting reading. Ive been trading on and off for many years and PA systems is something what really interests me. Well done on your approach and results your having.

I have printed most of your thread out and I will be reading it over and over again until I fully understand it, but if you could answer some basic questions for me I would really appreciate it.

From my understand so far we use a 4 hour chart to get signal, we look for indecision bars IE pin,stars,doji,hammers etc and then we drop down to the 1 hour chart and read the 4 1 hour candles to determine which way we place the order IE buy or sell, this depends on if the last candle is higher or lower than the close of the first candle. Once this as been done we place the order with target profit of 70 pips but sell, half at 40 pips. Stop loss would be 40 pips from entry. Is this the idea of your system or have I missed something vital?

Another question, once you have a order running on your 4 hour candle chart and the next candle develops and closes and we check this direction on the 1 hour chart and its a opposite entry than what we previous set, what do we do with the first entry if its not reached the profit target or even half target?

Also one more, do we trade every 4 hour candle one after the other?

Sorry if I have repeated questions what have already been asked or infact you have answered them somewhere

Kind regards
Prediter

I think your server, smacko, has same basic 4 hour candles as 17:00 close, while me and SJ seem to be trading 00:00 close, which should be what the forex.com demo is, too…I’ll bet your trades will now improve.

Bijomj- I think your charts are different server than close at 00:00 EST, too…

also, I think spreads may have impact on close of hourly candes, because your AUDUSD #3 candle is a green bullish candle on my chart, and showed buy when zoomed into 1 hour…sorry I can’t post pics from Ipad.

EDIT: all my trades are now closed, the last two both hit full TP…now waiting for next 4 hour close…

On continuation to post #476, I am herewith adding the trade details of EUR/JPY for 4th and 5 th of May 2012.

Here is the 4 Hour Chart of EUR/JPY

See the 1 Hour chart fro Trade No 1 (Pin bar Trade)

Results

Trade No. 1, It was a Sell order on pin Bar indication which hit stop loss and lost 40 pips
Trade No. 2, It was a Buy Stop Order from an inside Bar and I further lost 40 pips
Trade No. 3, It is a Sell stop order and not yet triggered.

Net Result = -80 Pips

Please look at the charts and advice me on the following.

1. Am I right in my trades according to the rules of the system ? If not, please explain.
  2. Is any additional trading signals are there in the chart (like stars and inside bars) which are not noticed by me ?

Thx in advance

YOUR chart looks like 17:00 EST close time…it has inside bar in it, too…the 00:00 EST close has pin bar below close of previous 4 hour candle, which when zoomed in to 1 hour showed buy…I made 110 pips on that one! (counting each half-trade lot)