JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

hello SJ,
I have carefully read thru the whole posts in this wonderful thread twice now, and i say once again a BIG THANK YOU to U PERSONALLY n all the nice contributors fo far.
my questn pls:
can U plsssss xplain what is needed to be done after a valid morning or evening star formation is completed, do u just ENTER say “buy” for a mornig star immediatelly after the close of the valid third candle or there are other filttration that needs to be done?
thank you once again

@kbforex: aha thank you very much, glad i can help :smiley:

That is correct, at the close of the final candle in the formation (the candle that makes the formation valid) you place the order :slight_smile: meaning at the close of the final candle in a morning star you place a buy order, and at the close of the final candle in an evening star you place a sell order

The only filter in this system is that of the consecutive indecision candles

wow, that was quick… thanks
the reason why am asking was that i read somewhere in this thread sayin one has to find the average of lowest and highest of the last fours candle n if the third candle close in the star formation is higher BUY, but if the close of the third candle in the formatin is lower SELL or was it for the mother inside bar?

I guess this might be refering to something n if yes, pls wat is that?

@jawa sorry to waste your time asking something I’m sure you have explained but I remember reading somewhere about some formations have prioritys, I’m not sure how to incorporate this into my tradin, Can’t seem to find the post?

DailyFX . com is a good news source…and there is a thread that forexmoneymaker started that he gives signal every day at 6:30 EST, and at the bottom gives a heads up on news and events that may affect the market, I don’t trade his signals, but they are good reference, and it’s cool to see his signals line up with this strategy everyday in terms of general movements, gives me more confidence in this system…he tells when a central bank person will speak, nfp expectations, economy reports, etc.

I certainly don’t want to ask for too much, but if there are those who have the benefit of scanning charts every 4 hours and posting the setups, it would certainly be helpful to someone like myself who is working and can only trade from a phone. The help I have received has been dynamite already and this extra bit of help would be awesome.

I am wondering if the new ATR SL and TP can be applied to the daily charts. Maybe something to look into for the working people unable to check their charts during the day.

Wow! Did that market gap up or what! Aussie hit parity with Dollar!..I still won’t leave any trades over the weekend, but golly! That would’ve been some pips!

@kbforex: i have no life :frowning: and yes that is for determining validity of stars and trading direction for inside bars, i guess it is a form of filter but i dont consider it that because for it to be a certain type of star it has to meet those criteria

Morning and evening stars: Stars are a three candle formation that is defined as follows:

1. A candle of the current trend in place (bullish or bearish)
  2. A candle signalling indecision (indecision candle, doji, hammer etc.)
  3. Confirmation of a reversal in price (A candle contrary to the current trend in place)

The final candle in the formation must close atleast halfway down the body of the first candle in the formation and cannot be an indecision candle

The way we determine the trend in place for the first candle is:

1. take the first candle in the star formation and the three candles before it
  2. define the Highest High
  3. define the Lowest Low
  4. define the average price of those two value (like this : Highest Price + Lowest Price / divided by 2)
  5. If the close of the first candle in the star formation is higher than the average price and the candle is bullish, sell!
  6. If the close of the first candle in the star formation is lower than the average price and the candle is bearish, buy!

Inside Bars: An inside Bar is a two candle formation that includes any non price action action candle (indecision candle, doji, hammer etc.) and a second candle that is entirely contained within the previous candle (meaning the wicks of the candle does not surpass the previous candles high or low), I only trade inside bars as a continuation meaning i only trade in the direction of the current market movement, how do i define that?

1. take the last 4 four hour candles (including the mother bar)
  2. define the Highest High
  3. define the Lowest Low
  4. define the average price of those two value (like this : Highest Price + Lowest Price / divided by 2)
  5. If the close of the inside bar is higher than the average price, buy!
  6. If the close of the inside bar is lower than the average price, sell!

@juicypips: I cant find it either, it wasnt too long ago though, but basicly if two signals occur at the same time on the same candle and they agree with direction, then trade both signals (meaning put in two orders), if the signals do not agree the priority is 1. Stars 2. indecision candles. inside bars are not instantly executed so they will never conflict with a same candle signal

@pipcompounder: i’ll check them out, they seem pretty legit, and aha yeah as i said! 9/10 times if you leave your trades over the weekend you will find yourself in profit on monday, its a personal decision but i just like feeling my money is safe :3

@traderjosh: I’ll do my best to post the setups as i see them unfolding this week :slight_smile: i’ll try to post it ten or so minutes before the candles close

@Bavarious: I spent many long hours backtesting and tweaking and trying to get a good daily version of this system going, the ATR stops and tp’s work on every timeframe, including the daily, very well in fact! and although the system can be profitable using the daily candles with 4 hour confirmation it is no where near as profitable as the 4 hour charts, when i have spare time i will be able to devote more time to developing an entirely new system for daily traders :slight_smile: the problems with daily candles is that the news is killer, you almost always have to trade with the sentiment to be safe

SJ,
there is nothing else for me to say than THANK YOU, like my little boy would say "that was so kool "
right on point.
peaceeeeee

On audusd is forming a indecision candle to be closed in ten minutes. I think it is going to be very interesting see what happens.

The aussie is strong and has been stronger than the yen and then dollar all the week.

Trades opened with the doji after four hours or market opening. Let see what happens

Thanks SJ for your help. I will definitely re-visit School of Pipsology. No worries! a very small losses. as i trade in very small lot size to get the actual feel of the market. Will fall back to demo. I could have been in green if I had not being confused by the timezones and the candles closing with different brokers . The Signals are different when it come to indecision candle. Am not sure of this? Once again, great thanks SJ for the great system for a newbie like me.

@Seablue. Nice! Thanks for helping. I will try out 2 orders entry on demo.

@medisoft. Are you looking at the chart on forex.com MT4? Chart from Oanda seem different?

Nop, i’m using liteforex. They open at 0 hours and close at 23:59 so the candles are aligned to open and close of the market

Thanks medisoft.

so who took the trades on the 0:00 open candle? forex.com shows pin bar sell on audusd and buy on audjpy, eurjpy…

no much movement… there is a bank holiday in Australia today (queens bday)… no work for me :wink:

@smacko: I didn’t, i’m waiting for the candle that closes in 1 hour to trade :3 man the queen pulls the reigns of Canada, Australia, AND England, imagine if she went insane or were replaced by a body snatcher…

but ahhhh great, another bank holiday :[ they seem to be screwing up monday trading sentiment making mondays overall losses

i wouldn’t bet on much movement from the AUD pairs today until eu session starts up…

Bad news! :(. I took the second candle of the day. Only on demo! That’s the good thing

Other good thing is that aussie is stronger than the yen right now and the trades i took are bullish

@jawa: what signals did you get? i see pin bar sell on audjpy and eurjpy… indicator doesn’t pickup eurjpy…