JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

Sith, Im wondering why you didnt include the greenpin bar before the #1 pinbar in your pic@ post #46. Was that not a valid pin bar? Thanks!

Hi, i think wick < 50% candle. Hope i am right .

@juicypips: ahaha its okay, hopefully i’ll be able to retain some kind of social life while answering all the inevitable questions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@mario777: renda is correct, the longer end of the wick was not, in fact, the longer end of the week :stuck_out_tongue: it was much less than 50%, it was more of a fat bodied doji actually :open_mouth:

EDIT: Although you COULD trade any candle on a close to close basis their are certain candles that are indicative of a move to come, and those are the signals we trade :slight_smile: in the long run by sticking to the safer candles to trade we minimize losses, and i would honestly say the most important part of making a system is minimizing losses rather than maximizing profits

Sorry to hit you with a pre-trading trading question but if I look at the charts from Friday I see 3 trades, would you trade these at market opening or wait for the ball to start rolling first?

Only trade the signals when they occur, meaning if you would’ve traded them when the candles closed Friday that would’ve been okay :slight_smile: but don’t trade signals that have already happened especially with a weekend of price movement unaccounted for, if you look over the past weeks and months you’ll see a ton of trades that formed literally right before the weekend that I’d traded would have been very profitable at market open, you can feel safe trading all the signals even if they occur before the weekend, and you CAN keep trades over the weekend (as long as they are with the trend), however I like the peace of mind of having my money not floating over the weekend :smiley:

Understood, thanks.

I think I might have edited this in while you were answering…

For those of us that are more likely to be asleep during some of the Asian session candles does it make sense to swap out the JPY pairs (in particular the AUD/JPY maybe for GBP/USD, I’m guessing the GBP/JPY will be a better match) for something that will be more volatile while awake or will it all balance out in the mix?

Well I chose these pairs not because of the sessions they trade but because of their high pip movements and low spreads, they are pretty consistent throughout the day so it doesn’t really matter when you trade them, so if you do miss candles because you are asleep I would just add a couple more charts to increase the chances of getting trades while you are awake, GBP/USD is a great pair, NZD/USD should also be good :slight_smile:

@greg:that doesn’t quite look like the wick is 50% of the total length but you’d have to check on your metatrader, regardless you can see that firms a perfect morning star :slight_smile: so had you entered on that pin bar you would have reversed on the next candle

SithJawa,
Firstly I want to say thank you for posting this and all your hard work - I have really enjoyed reading it and have spent some time digesting it and understanding it. I have recently gone live on an account and am still feeling my way but I shall accept your challenge and try out this method this week, although perhaps at only a small risk at first :wink:

Secondly I would like to add that if anyone is just reading this method now and is still unsure about it then just go back and re-read the entire thread, take your time - there are answers to many many questions and Sithjawa has provided beautiful explanations, answers and examples!

Good luck to all trying out this great concept!

Hi, I’m just selecting now which pairs to follow, does anybody know where I can find some kind of list or table of currency pairs and their current average pip range and volatility?

Sithjawa do you miss candles because of sleep or are you hardcore and check every candle? Lol

Forex Volatility

Thanks merchant price! I take it those are all current values? Is the range on their the average daily range? Also what do the other columns mean? ($,%) sorry I’m full of questions! Thanks

That is their average daily range; the default is ten weeks but can be set to a greater number in the box. The other columns have to do with contract sizes and are not of importance to this discussion.

@Fly high drifter: thanks :smiley: and good luck trading! If you aren’t experienced its smart to start with low risk, maybe .5% or 1%

@juicypips: aha I’m as hardcore as they come :[ I never miss a candle, and because I live on the east coast that means I stay up till 12AM, then get up at 4AM, fall back asleep after I trade, and then get back up at 8AM, I used to trade 15 minute charts and I would get up at 2AM for the London open and I’d trade till the London close 10 hours later :stuck_out_tongue: I never miss a candle, then again this is my job so I don’t have anything else to do :stuck_out_tongue:

@merchantprince: that is an awesome tool :open_mouth: look like I’ll be looking at GBP/CAD and GBP/AUD today :slight_smile:

@SithJawa
You said that you made approximately 1300 pips last week. Was it only for the GBP/JPY currency pair or were there some others?
If yes, which ones?

@aserafino: It’s in the 5th line of the very first post of this thread.

Gents, I updated the indicator for pinbars, “sepis” . There was a mistake in it. I fixed that now. The most recent version is to find in post #70.

For people reading this the first time.

This indicator spots pinbars accordingly to the rule where one of the wicks has to be 50% or larger, and the body no more as 1/3 of total body length. After that it checks the 1 hour chart and tells you if the pinbar is a BUY or SELL formation, even if the difference in first and last 1 hour candle is 0.0000000000001 pip.You get the point, haha. Mechanical is Mechanical :wink: Finally it sends you an email to alert you, for example on your phone or iPad.

It however does not alert you for inside bars or star formations. This is something I still have to write. So just keep checking for updates :wink:

@Bavarious
ah ok thanks :slight_smile:

@SithJawa
According your rules you set your SL to 40 pips and TP1 40pips & TP2 70 pips… I was looking a little bit on my charts for the last occurred signals… So I thought if it is not better to close a trade when an opposing signal occurs? Because the amount of pips that some currency pairs reached was about 150 - 180 pips pro Signal and after there was an opposing signal. So if people are away from the PC they could use your settings/Rules explained on the first page of this forum because they do not have an overview of their trades. But when they are on the PC they can leave a position at an opposing signal, can’t they?

What do you think about?

@jonkie76: thanks for the awesome work :smiley:

@aserafino: The moves we had last week were anything but typical :open_mouth: the goal of this system is to be an extremely high profit, low risk, easy to use strategy, that anyone can use in any market conditions, so all of my settings are optimized to always work :smiley: it makes money in ranging and trending markets, however if we were to have a system where are stops are say 100 or 150 or we trail our stops by 50, half of the time we wouldn’t make any money at all as the current market condition wouldn’t be compatible for our sl and tp

I myself am always at my computer when a new candle opens so i see every signal on all the charts i use, you CAN leave positions in even against an opposing signal however that would be going on a “hunch” and not safe mechanical trading, there would be times where your hunch would be correct and you would make money, but more often than not you will get burned :3 what we have here is a consistently very profitable system that is cut and dry and easy to follow, why change that :3?

once your experienced enough trading this system and trading forex in general you will make more money by optimizing your system but it wont be by operating on hunches, you need to have a written down set of rules which you follow to the letter, the only part you have in trading is writing the rules you follow :slight_smile: dont leave anything to chance, I myself could probably triple the length of this system adding specific rules for specific scenarios that may occur that would change the way i trade and it would in the end be more profitable, but that would also make it infinitely more complex and harder for everyone else to follow, more profitable, but more time consuming and much more difficult :3

Hi Sithjawa,

Great thread, it’s a really interesting strategy.

I am actually looking to work with an individual like yourself. I run a free online trading room and we have a couple of other full time traders that contribute signals to members as well as discuss the market live.

It’s quite a good little community we have built, spending time with the other full time traders has definitely improved my own trading.

The trading room is fully automated, it also offers members an added option of automatically copying you trades through our customized trade copier software for a monthly subscription if they wish (building up some additional income for you).

Would you be interested in chatting about it?

Live Forex Trading Room - Free Forex Trading Signals - Forex Product Reviews

Regards,

Nick McDonald