JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

@Jonah
A question about your nice EA :slight_smile:

• Example: I get a BUY signal and after 4 hours I get another BUY signal. So now I have 2 BUY signals. Does your EA set with each new order new take profits (and stops) carrying the previous trade forward? (Like the rules on first page)
  • Is the inside Bar now also integrated and works?

Thanks for your answer.

once your experienced enough trading this system and trading forex in general you will make more money by optimizing your system but it wont be by operating on hunches, you need to have a written down set of rules which you follow to the letter, the only part you have in trading is writing the rules you follow :slight_smile: dont leave anything to chance, I myself could probably triple the length of this system adding specific rules for specific scenarios that may occur that would change the way i trade and it would in the end be more profitable, but that would also make it infinitely more complex and harder for everyone else to follow, more profitable, but more time consuming and much more difficult :3

Me Myself I have read hundreds of threads, al gone wasted, because people are getting greedy, or want 0.0% loosers on their trades, adding tons of extra filters and other information on it…which causes the system to get in the wastebox.

The big problem of trading is that you dont know if a trade is going to end up in a TREND or that it is going to be an consolidation period. You will never know! The way you handle this is perfect… adding extra positions if the signal says so, and taking tons of pips on the correct moves… Changing pips targets and taking all kind of half positions and so is not going to work, because if ya do that, you actually are trading different systems in one. And always one is the best, and others are pulling the profit down to zero… So trailing and stuff like that don’t work in combination of other money/position rules. Once you found yourself the best way, it is the best way!

Jawa, personally I would stick to the mechanical way as it is right now, it is working just fine.
Dont let other people get you off your mind adding stuff to the system. This system seems to be VERY GOOD! And personally I haven’t seen anything like this! Especially such a mechanical one…and I really love mechanical systems!!

ps. be aware of tradingrooms offers… it will blur your thinking, and therefore making wrong descisions… Eventually it is a water/wine combination. It always pulls down the thinking of the personal individual with the best knowledge and knowhow.

@ SithJawa

Look at the following picture. It is the EA of Jonah.

• Are all pin bars and Star formations valid according your rules?
  • Have you backtestet the EA already?

@Aserafino.

As i Give it a good look, most signals are pinbars, however, I have my questions about two or maybey three of them.
On the left side, the first blue bar that gives signal, the body looks bigger as 33%. This is also for the red bar with the wick on top, totally on the top of the chart. There the body is bigger as 33% also.

And 3 signals before that a blue bar with lower wick, the body is also bigger as 33% if I see this correct with my eyes.
However, the pinbars before that and the pricemovement to upside, makes it an morningstar. P+S (Pinbar + Star)

And the top of the price before that I see an Eveningstar with a Pinbar before it, and that one is not counted for. There should have been an P+S notation I guess.

What you can do is the following … calculcate it your self as follows.
Take the difference of the close price and the opening price of the candle, this is the BodyLength.
Take the difference of the high and the low of the candle, this is the CandleLength.

Now do the following on your calculator : (100 / CandleLength) * BodyLength.
This gives you the percentage of the BodyLength. That value has to be lower as 33,33333.

Do this the same for the wicklength, which has to be bigger as 50%.
(100/CandleLength) * WickLength.

If both values are correct we have a valid pinbar.

Goodluck!

Ok thanks… But I need it for the EA…

yes I know, but this way you can do this calculation by yourself, and that way you are helping Jonah to let him know if there are any faults in the programm :wink: So that he can improve his programm :wink:

@Jonah
According Jonkie76 I have only calculated the candle of the 18th of May 2012 GBP/NZD. This was for example not a pinbar. So your EA does not follow the exact rules from the 1st page. The Body Size of the 18th May is in % 46.34. Normally it should be 33.33% for a valid pin bar.

Hi all,

do you think that different broker- different 4H chart is not a problem. I started to trade this system on Alpari on my home PC, but I have only Hotforex broker in my Ipad and that generates different candles. It is hard to compare different charts even if you talk with your friends which have Mig…:19:

Yes thats true, 4 hour candles are a ***** , they can differ from broker to broker. Because of the starttime on sunday evening. I trade with ForexYard, which has the same candles as the one that Jawa uses.
I vote for a regulated worldwide charting view :wink:

However, for discussion, different candles can be a problem, for the strategy it wont matter.
Its a fifty fifty situation. One time you will be the one to get te signal earlier, and hit your target, where we would not have a signal is miss our profit… And the way around… So that doesn’t matter… just follow the rules and try out on demo if it suits you.

@Jawa, is it possible you could post your statement from the last 2 weeks? This makes more sense for me to compare positions opened and closed according to the rules. this way I can see if the indicator does what is must do. Signalling the right spots. TX in advance dude!

@Jonkie76
The signals of your indicator are not all right!
GBPJPY 16:00 pm is a sell and not a buy!

I am working on the EA and found the issue with defining a pinbar. Stars are a little more difficult to define in code. In order to rewrite it I need the rules to be clearly defined for stars. Here is the definition from the front page:

Morning and evening stars: Stars are a three candle formation that is defined as follows:

1. A candle of the current trend in place (bullish or bearish)
  2. A candle signalling indecision (pin bar, doji, hammer etc.)
  3. Confirmation of a reversal in price (A candle contrary to the current trend in place)

The final candle in the formation must close atleast halfway down the body of the first candle in the formation.

The problem is that by this definition the pinbar in the image below would be defined as a star, since the preceding candle was in the direction of the current trend, the candle itself is an indecision candle and the following candle signals a reversal and closes more than halfway up the first candle.

Am I correct in assuming that although this fits the definition it would not actually be a star? If this is not a star, what can be added to the definition to clarify the rules further?

Would the pinbar in the image below form a star, although the wick is pointing down?

In looking at the lower timeframe for a star formation are the four bars of the final candle in the formation used to determine the trend?

Also, what defines a doji? In the EA I am currently defining it as a candle that has a body equal to or less than 2 pips. My thinking is that this would accurately define an indecision candle.

@LiveForexTrading: I have been to your website a few times actually and I think its really awesome :smiley: the strategies are interesting and the layout it is great, unfortunately I don’t think I can become a part of it, I have terrible issues with commitment and I don’t have much time as it is (not because of forex trading but because of my other pursuits), thank you for the offer though :slight_smile: If in the future things change ill pm you

@jonkie76: aha yeah this is all I trade, I don’t have the desire or time to draw S/R’s or optimize my system depending on the market conditions, this is profitable enough for me, but it is possible to optimize it as long as you don’t over optimize and you have a specific set of rules you follow for the different market conditions, it is possible, but lots of unnecessary work in my opinion

I have actually been trying out many different things with my accounts the past couple weeks :stuck_out_tongue: the way I see it if you are good at a game it doesnt matter what strategy you use, so I have been trying some different things with daily charts and tweeking the system in different ways, add that to the fact that I have different accounts for different charts and my history would be useless :3

@aserafino: as jonkie said most all of the signals look awesome except some of their bodies are over 1/3 of the total candle length, and i’ve been eager to back test it but my strategy tester isn’t working for some reason :\ right now I am trying to get a vps to run the ea on a demo without having my computer on

@renda1234: As jonkie also said aha as far as comparing trades with other traders on different servers it will be difficult but the principles are exactly the same, there are signals you will get that I wont, and signals I will get that you wont, thats just how it is

@jonah: Stars dont have to be perfect as they are just visuals of the indecision and reversal in the market, so the first picture is a valid star as is the second picture, the candle in the middle just has to be indecisive, it doesnt matter where the wick points, as long as the middle candle is a doji, pin bar, hammer etc then it is a valid formation :slight_smile: and yes dojis are candles that close almost exactly near its open so 2-3 pips sounds good for deviation :slight_smile:

@everyone trading this strategy this week: The markets are acting extremely erratically today due to last weeks drops in price, it looks like there is a slow but extremely powerful upward move happening as a retracement of last week, i have had nearly all unfruitful signals so far as everytime the market looks like its peaked it keeps pushing upwards, this is the exact same thing that happened at the beginning of last week and i expect it to end sometime tonight or tomorrow morning

Thank you. I will post an updated EA sometime tonight/tomorrow.

Here is an updated version of the EA. Here are the changes that I have made:

[ul]
[li]No longer need to define pair. Will work on whichever pair it is placed on automatically.
[/li][li]If a new signal is given in the same direction of a currently open trade the trade’s stoploss and takeprofit will be moved up to the level of the new trade.
[/li][li]Fixed an error with takeprofit being removed when closing first trade.
[/li][li]Pinbar logic refined.
[/li][/ul]

The most difficult part of defining a star formation is determining the trend direction. The EA is currently using a 5EMA and comparing the EMA level of the first bar of the formation and the level two bars back. If the EMA was lower two bars back the trend was up, if it was higher the trend was down. So, if there are any star formations that were missed when viewing the charts this is likely the cause.

As always, test this on demo and report any errors.

EA - JAWA Price Indecision System.zip (4.61 KB)

@SithJawa
Because of the different 4H Charts (Reason: Differently Servers) I don’t know if this strategy works well on all other systems etc. Because I have also a lot of false signals :S

What do you think?

I will look at that tonight, when i’ back at home :wink:
Do we use the same 4 hour chart, or could you post an image ?

I think it does work. Look the posts above of me and Jawa about this. One time you miss an entry, other time you will get extra entry. It,s the position management that does the work…

@aserafino: This might just be the most odd week yet :3! With all of the things happening in Europe there is an incredibly strong move upward on all charts causing many potential reversals to be completely negated, it’s the same thing that happened early last week but it should clear up today :3

Hi SithJawa ,

may i ask you somethink? Everytime i enter the trade with running trades in the same direction i reset all trades TP and SL to the last one? So even if i did BE i again change SL? right? thx