Jeff Bezos Becomes the Richest Man in Modern History, Topping $150 Billion

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-16/happy-prime-day-jeff-amazon-ceo-s-net-worth-tops-150-billion

Anyone here who owns AMZN? Goodness. Just keeps going up!

2 Likes

@Dennis3450, read up on your SW thread and it looks like you also caught this one! Good stuff. Hope you also got out of BTC back in Dec!

No magic ability to sell at the top, BTC is a long term hold , bought when it was $1000 and took out my original investment letting the rest ride, same with Ethereum and Litecoin

Thank you for that @purtle very informative and interesting :sunglasses:

I wonder how many book shop owners have gone bancrupt and are now on the breadline, so the likes of you and I can “1 click shop” ?

I have no issue with Darwinism - but times are getting very wierd just at the moment ! :slight_smile:

[Edit - odd too that Amazon has entirely destroyed the value of “second hand books” - entire libraries are now completely worthless - although it does bring up the question - how the **** can people sell books on A****** for 1 penny ? - There’s clearly a “Fiddle” in that ! - someone somewhere is being “Conned” - but how does it work ? ]

Jeff Bezos is rich but Bill Gates has been donating billions over the years so it’s hard to say who really is the richest. Another example, if you combine the Walton family net worth (founder of Wal-Mart), it’s pretty massive.

Anyways, Bezos is rich…but not Putin rich.

There was a guy called Alfred Nobel

WHo was a rather rich man - who made his fortune out of finding new and innovattive ways of kiling people.

Perhaps you’ve heard of him ?

Nobel peace prize ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Peace_Prize

I’m not interested in Jeff Bezos or how rich he is.

But maybe his milestone will draw some focus on trading forums away from Warren Buffet. The world is full of wealthy people who are not private retail traders: none of them have anything to say about what we’re doing.

Apparently Jeff Bezos is about to Become an “Also ran” in the competition for “Richest man in the world”

His soon to be “ex” wife though is widely tipped for the position of "Richest woman in the world " ! :wink:

https://news.yahoo.com/jeff-bezos-apos-forced-announce-214745841.html

“OwZat” - for a “Good” female trader ? - Trades a balding husband for $75 Billion ! :sunglasses:

Ha. I saw this on Twitter the other day:

The way I heard it, Jeff Bezos is basically trading his wife, Mackenzie, and $75 Billion
for his friend Patrick Whitesell’s wife, Lauren Sanchez, with whom he’s been having an affair.

Bezos, Sanchez, and Whitesell

Bezos and Sanchez

Winners: Mackenzie, Lauren, and Patrick

Loser: Jeff

Totally agree but probably Jeff Bezos feels that money can’t buy happiness. These things happen all the time but when you’re the richest man in the world it’ll be some expensive divorce. Obviously, he doesn’t care that he’ll lose the 1st place so neither should we :smiley:

1 Like

Yup — Dividing the world between them.

Bezos divorce lawyers

Haha @Clint that is a really accurate picture of their situation :smiley:

Guys who have an affair with a friend’s wife are prats. Don’t trust these dishonest immature self-centred idiots.

Guys who dislike their wives enough to have an affair with someone else are prats. Don’t trust these dishonest insecure indecisive idiots.