JL Method in honor of ForexPhantom

[QUOTE=“Detective;717384”]Hi fellas, Been looking for my first strategy to backtest and this looks like it. I’ll be jumping in and helping starting tomorrow morning! Thanks for all of your hard work, and of course to FP for his creating the method.[/QUOTE]

Hi Detective

Welcome and thank you. FP had a solid strategy with only the filtering, SL and TP needing refinement in my view

Hi detective!

Great to have another join us, most welcome! We all have been hard at work to try and “perfect” this strategy. FP made a great strategy! Can’t wait to hear your results detective!

Jason

For me I’d only take these trades if it was hitting major support or resistance and has found support or resistance in that area for the past couple of days. But i still don’t like counter trend trading, but like Snipes says, it still can be rewarding for sure!

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;717416”] For me I’d only take these trades if it was hitting major support or resistance and has found support or resistance in that area for the past couple of days. But i still don’t like counter trend trading, but like Snipes says, it still can be rewarding for sure![/QUOTE]

Agree about counter trading. If u backtest u will see that even just 2-3 bars give us tons. Thus is the addition of other filters including price action etc

Entering
AudCad short
Double cross, price below 200, fib used 7th as base then swinging low at the 12th, bounce around 61.8 Fib which seems like a resistance too.
S/L at .96300 (Fib 50)
T/P 0.95500

Considering/monitoring
AudNzd looks similiar setup but with fib 17/7/2015 and 29/7/15. Issue is that price above 200. The big drop to 1.0900 last month is tempting…
EurCad short looks tempting but above 200 and EurChf seems a bit late to go short now.
EurGbp might have a little left in it too but again might be late now
EurUsd look short too… Some pips left there too i think
NzdJpy for long but price below 200
With many ranging think best to just review

Thoughts guys?

Gents,
looking at 4 eur pairs that all seems to have reached a fib retracement level and will all be going long soon once the emas cross. The 4 pairs are eurjpy, eurusd, eurnzd and eurcad. Could be another 48hrs before we get a good signal though.

David

Im with ya on the AUDNZD and EURUSD
The EURGBP like you said it could have some left in it
NZDJPY is counter so i stay away
EURCAd same as NZDJPY
AUDCAD does look tempting, but it is in a strong range, so it could be risky, but it was coming from near the top of the range so, looks like you could be in luck with that.
EURUSD i think I’m going to enter now it closed below the 200 EMA on the 4H chart for my chart and is finding resistance there.

Happy trading
Jason :38:

[QUOTE=“chiniebwoy;717459”]Gents, looking at 4 eur pairs that all seems to have reached a fib retracement level and will all be going long soon once the emas cross. The 4 pairs are eurjpy, eurusd, eurnzd and eurcad. Could be another 48hrs before we get a good signal though. David[/QUOTE]

Concur…

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;717460”] Im with ya on the AUDNZD and EURUSD The EURGBP like you said it could have some left in it NZDJPY is counter so i stay away EURCAd same as NZDJPY AUDCAD does look tempting, but it is in a strong range, so it could be risky, but it was coming from near the top of the range so, looks like you could be in luck with that. EURUSD i think I’m going to enter now it closed below the 200 EMA on the 4H chart for my chart and is finding resistance there. Happy trading Jason :38:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jay

So progress indeed :slight_smile:

Also entered

EurAud long @ 1,50856
Price above 200, bounce off Fib 50 (5Aug to 12Aug)
Support around 1,5000 i think thus SL there and then TP around 1,51500

AudCad locked in 13 pips

I just took the EURAUD long too about the same entry.
I agree with what you said above. But my TP is 1.5200 and my SL is 1.4950

Good luck
Jason

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;717511”]I just took the EURAUD long too about the same entry. I agree with what you said above. But my TP is 1.5200 and my SL is 1.4950 Good luck Jason[/QUOTE]

Mow we cooking. With most pairs ranging I lock in some profit and then trail stop. No sense in hoping for big moves as i don’t see many opportunities.
My stop got it so have EurAud still. Just saw now that the cross was not there yet (lesson,zoom in )

That’s funny, I was watching on my mobile phone and that’s why i entered same thing here, cross was not fully done! Lesson learned there haha.

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;717582”] That’s funny, I was watching on my mobile phone and that’s why i entered same thing here, cross was not fully done! Lesson learned there haha.[/QUOTE]

Hahahhhh really? But im still in it.
Strange thing happened. Last week when i started with the cross. I went short
14th EurUsd @ 1.11365
13th EurChf @1.08490
Using my ipad. Had it off and switched on now…

90+ on both…

Very good! That’s good it worked it out well for you there! Now do you mean you went short when you had no proper signal?

[QUOTE=Snipes;717595]Hahahhhh really? But im still in it.

Lol, I am too. My stop has got about 50 pips left on it i believe. Starting to get some bullish move now though.

Hi

I took the EU/CH trade a few minutes ago as the cross had occurred and the 1 2 and 4 MAs were starting
to fan out.

Hello tedm and welcome!

EURCHF does look nice!
I’m out on the EURAUD i took breakeven so no win no lose.
I’m looking at the GBPNZD for a long with 1 and 4 cross. It touched the 50% fib 2 days in a row without closing below it.

Happy trading
Jason

Thanks, Jason.

The GB/NZ has crossed on the 4H TF and is starting to fan out so it’[s well worth watching on
the 1D TF

I never really use the 4H timeframe with this strategy mainly just D1, how has your Experience been with the 4H so far?