JL Method in honor of ForexPhantom

I don’t really use the 4H TF either, just the 1D but I tend to click back to 4H just to see what’s
happening there before I enter a trade. (That sounds like a contradiction, I know) If I see
something I don’t like, I put off entering the trade.

I’m a little wary of GB/NZ ID because there is very little space between the 3 MAs and that’s
why I checked the 4H chart.

Ah I see. Ok was just wondering!

Sorry all - I use Oanda, on Mac - on a data limited internet connection, so couldn’t get the zip file nor manual settings setup properly… I’ll do some more research and see what I can do.

[QUOTE=“tedm;717613”]Hi I took the EU/CH trade a few minutes ago as the cross had occurred and the 1 2 and 4 MAs were starting to fan out.[/QUOTE]

Should be in for some good pips.

[QUOTE=“tedm;717633”]I don’t really use the 4H TF either, just the 1D but I tend to click back to 4H just to see what’s happening there before I enter a trade. (That sounds like a contradiction, I know) If I see something I don’t like, I put off entering the trade. I’m a little wary of GB/NZ ID because there is very little space between the 3 MAs and that’s why I checked the 4H chart.[/QUOTE]

Could be a long soon but dont think there will be much in it. Like u said the ma’s hugging too much for my liking.

Still in EurAud

Got 11 pips locked in.

Yesterday…
EurAud +11
AudCad +13

Total +24 for the day

Have the following running
EurAud long @1.51394
NzdChf short @0.63776
EurCad long @1.45970 (smaller lot) think it might break the resistance level around 1.4600

EurGbp still indecisive might be long but dont think there is much in it
EurJpy tempting for a long

Nothing else I see. Lwma hugging each other and there might be few pips here or there.

Your views?

6.30 GMT I set a Limit Order to short AUD/CHF for following reasons

1. MAs had crossed and begun to fan out
  2. BB had shown Price Action moving into down trend
  3. PA below 100 and 200 SMA

It triggered almost immediately which is not good timing - just before European Open and 1.5 hrs before London open. We’ll see what happens

[QUOTE=“tedm;717802”]6.30 GMT I set a Limit Order to short AUD/CHF for following reasons 1. MAs had crossed and begun to fan out 2. BB had shown Price Action moving into down trend 3. PA below 100 and 200 SMA It triggered almost immediately which is not good timing - just before European Open and 1.5 hrs before London open. We’ll see what happens[/QUOTE]

Hi Tedm

Interested to know how u use the 100 and BB in conjunction?

[QUOTE=“Snipes;717793”]Yesterday… EurAud +11 AudCad +13 Total +24 for the day Have the following running EurAud long @1.51394 NzdChf short @0.63776 EurCad long @1.45970 (smaller lot) think it might break the resistance level around 1.4600 EurGbp still indecisive might be long but dont think there is much in it EurJpy tempting for a long Nothing else I see. Lwma hugging each other and there might be few pips here or there. Your views?[/QUOTE]

Locked in 30 pips for EurAud

EU/JP long is tempting - it’s moved above the 100 and 200 , trend is up but there seems to be a
little indecision around the 1.38 mark and the MAs are bunched together. Well worth keeping an
eye on, though

EU/GB -ummm- could go either way

Hi Snipes

I use the BB to decide if market is ranging or trending
What is a Trending Market?

Then I check if PA is above or below 100 and 200 SMA. If between the two, I don’t trade

OK, it worked. Closed 1.5 hrs later with +50 Pips. Wish all my trades would work out like this.

[QUOTE=“Snipes;717807”] Locked in 30 pips for EurAud[/QUOTE]

Locked 80

And its moving!

[QUOTE=“tedm;717815”] Hi Snipes I use the BB to decide if market is ranging or trending What is a Trending Market? Then I check if PA is above or below 100 and 200 SMA. If between the two, I don’t trade[/QUOTE]

Ahhh makes sense. Lots of ranging lately though and thats why i target smaller i.e. 10 pips etc.

The added 100 to 200 seems like a good idea. Let me add it and review my notes.

Thank u kindly.

At this rate the JL method will need renaming :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“tedm;717816”] OK, it worked. Closed 1.5 hrs later with +50 Pips. Wish all my trades would work out like this.[/QUOTE]

Im sure we will get there. Well done!!!

Closed all trades.

EurAud got 80 pips
EurCad 10
And then NzdChf 5

+95 pips

That’s sufficient for me…

Hi guys, a big thank you for putting in the effort to share your trade journal so transparently so that all of us here can learn. I will definitely follow this thread as I think it does indeed have potential to go far. Just one question on my mind:

How do you guys manage fake crosses on the daily charts. Do u guys wait for the crossover to be formed and trade the next day or do u guys trade the moment there is a crossing of the LWMA lines regardless?

Cheers,
Kelvin

[QUOTE=“Fotovinic;717825”]Hi guys, a big thank you for putting in the effort to share your trade journal so transparently so that all of us here can learn. I will definitely follow this thread as I think it does indeed have potential to go far. Just one question on my mind: How do you guys manage fake crosses on the daily charts. Do u guys wait for the crossover to be formed and trade the next day or do u guys trade the moment there is a crossing of the LWMA lines regardless? Cheers, Kelvin[/QUOTE]

Hi Kelvin

Welcome and thank you.
Not sure if you have looked at all the posts. The base strategy had a single cross. We have added a few and also you will note some have personal preferences to suite their style which I think is better vs the traditional way of sticking to a set of rules.

In a nutshell

The 1 and 4 LWMA cross is the main signal.
We have added 200 ema as a “trend” indicator
Then there is a 2 and 8 LWMA indicator as well and there is variation of this. Where some look for a cross and others for it to be close. I use the 2 on the 1 and 4 to double cross. Each has their preference.
Then support and resistance as well as Fib for your own confirmations as well as SL and TP.
And of course some price action helps too.
We now have Tedm who added 100 SMA and Bollinger Bands too.

And then money management etc is up to you.

Hope that helps? So there is no direct answer to your question, our main objective started with Jay and I to ensure we validate proper entry points… Which I believe we still discovering with the help of many others who have joined in.

Would serve you good to go through all the detail as this is a journal vs a system.

Hi Snipes, thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes I’m actually using FP’s system as my base template and also added both the 2 and 8 LWMA for further reference. Personally I’ve observed that when they cross, trades are pretty much accurate based on past patterns. But I’m a little confused when it comes to holding positions because right not im long on AUDUSD as the 2 LWMA did a cross on the 8 signalling for me to enter long earlier. However, it has reversed and now it seems like the trade is going too continue short. Do I get out or do I hold? Thus my question on whether we should let the lines cross tangibly and trade at a time we can confirm that it has crossed without being faked out.