Job or business?

Right. It’s a business with just one employee. haha

You can work when you want, but you still have to work in order to make money. It’s not the same as exchanging time for money, but you have to put in some time every day or every week.

If you earn interest or dividends from some other investment, you put your money in, and then you don’t have to do anything. Or if you have real estate, you receive rent each month without doing much. Even though you didn’t do anything, the property is doing the work for you.

1 Like

I have a friend who gave up his good paying 9-5 because he wanted more time for himself. Right now he is even more overworked because when you’re self employed you actually have to do more than if you were working for an employer. He found out all this after the fact.

4 Likes

Forex trading is more of business because to be successful in business you must know about finance, management, marketing, etc

1 Like

Funny enough I personally know people who know absolutely nothing of the things you have mentioned here. They have money though so what they do is hire people who know about those things. Therefore what you have stated there is not really true.

2 Likes

Hi @ria_rose I would say I spend maybe 20 minutes a day :blush:

2 Likes

I agreed with you, people usually complain about 9-5 job and start their business but they have to work 12 hours/day or even more, :rofl: :rofl:, it’s funny but it’s true.

4 Likes

In the beginning stages, yes. You gotta pay your dues to get your business off the ground. In the beginning, if you’re coming from minimal financial resources, you can’t afford to hire many people. You’re gonna have to get your hands dirty and do most stuff yourself. In that case, knowing finance, management etc will be helpful.

But at a certain point, you have to be more hands-off and delegate so that you are free to pursue other opportunities.

1 Like

Job and business- both are preferred considering viewpoints and perspective. A business will provide you flexibility and money.

:wave: @ria_rose

? What made you think of this topic?

It is very interesting to see everyone’s thoughts and responses.

Having worked a job for many years (aka JOB = Just Over Broke :broken_heart:), I felt led to become an entrepreneur and have done so for the past ten years. It is not for the faint of heart. It takes passion, determination, dedication to your vision and looong arce hours. It is the most exhilarating feeling to have achieved your goals. Although entrepreneurship is considered a business, I do not perceive it as such. Here’s my reasoning:

"* Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.* ” ~ Confucius :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Trading falls under the umbrella of one of my entrepreneurial ship adventures.

You may or may not recall my reason for trading which I posted in the welcome section. I am dedicated to my vision.Therefore because I am dedicated to my personal mission “**Begin with the end in mind” which means I am very clear on my end destination. This quote comes from the book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Dr. Stephen R.Covey. I highly recommend :books: this. I feel it is applicable for all people.

To conclude it is not a job or a business. A vehicle that has been encompassed within my vision to achieve my end goal which I am extremely passionate about!

Hope that was easy to follow. My thoughts are not always that! :relaxed:

1 Like

You’re right too, my reply just a side of the matter when people start their new business, everything is difficult at the first stage but if people can overcome it then it would be a great result.

1 Like

But you’re right. If someone thinks, I’m tired of working 9-5, I wanna start my own business, and work whenever I want…that person is in for a big surprise. hahaha

2 Likes

-at first, it’s more like pocket money ,can’t even afford a meal ,just snack.

-then , it turned into part-time job ,you can start seeing some good future.

-after some time ,you gradually let go one of the job/income , to get better rest.

-not in this phase yet ,hopefully i can start packing my bag and travel arround,been a long time never meet with myself

2 Likes

Definitely an interesting way of putting it! :thinking: Although games can still get pretty intense and stressful. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very interesting! :smiley: Hahaha. I think it’s been a while since I saw someone subscribe to this perspective. How has this been going for you so far? :smiley: Do you think this mindset has such a big impact on your trading results so far? :blush:

Understandable! :smiley: Haha. I think it definitely does not provide the security of a job or an investment. :sweat_smile: Somehow, like a business, what you get is what your time and effort is worth. :sweat_smile: If that makes sense HAHA

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen so many times, which is also why I probably would and could never be a full-time trader. :open_mouth: I won’t be able to handle that and end up broke lol

1 Like

You tell me. Work out how much percentage increase that is. One issue I have is at times price shoots past my profit target before I get a chance to set the tp.

1 Like

I get the finance and management but I wonder how you use marketing in forex. :open_mouth:

Ooooh! :smiley: That’s pretty cool! :blush: Even I spend more time than that whenever I trade (but also because I have too much fun posting on the forums that I get distracted :sweat_smile:). Would you mind sharing the name of your trading system? :blush: Perfectly fine if you prefer not to!

Hellooo. :smiley: I actually just saw posts talking about how forex offers passive income, which got me thinking that it’s not really so passive. :sweat_smile: Actually, most of my questions are usually inspired by the things I also see here. :smiley:

Very fitting! :smiley: HAHAHA

Thank you soooo much for sharing this J! :blush: I’ll also try to check it out :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds amazing. :sweat_smile: If only full-time trading can be done by everyone. :frowning: