Journey of a Trader

what trading strategy do you prefer?

Everyone is going to have different opinions on what is the best. At the end of the day you need to find something that matches and can work with your personality and time on the charts.

1 Like

Absoluetly agree with this. Some people live for looking at charts a lot and taking many opportunities in a day and some people want to spend as little time at the charts as they can. Have to decide what you prefer and go from there as a starting point.

all suggestion is very good , important having a good trading strategy much but i think any kind of trading strategy can be useless if there is no good risk management.

expand your knowledge its good from all , because market moves at random most of the time , so we have to increase our trading knowledge more and more , otherwise no way to survive successfully.

Hey that’s a nice pictorial representation of what a trader’s life is all about. Most people just quit before staying long enough to be able to see some profits. Lack of discipline and patience is a trader’s biggest enemy.

2 Likes

Most people don’t understand that it takes patience, hardwork and consistency to achieve something and that’s why they fail and forex is no different.

Its about the mindset mate. We gotta be really tough on the mind and patient.

You can’t afford to lose your money in any field. As a forex trader I think we don’t know what happens in the next time frame but yes with the help of better understanding we can protect yourself a little from the highs and lows of the Forex market. We can only try to remain calm and enjoy the trading experience.

Proper knowledge of Forex trading and the right strategy built is very important to make a fruitful trading journey.

Thanks for sharing. How long you been trading?

I started trading forex back in 2011-12 around then. Prior to that was into stocks. But for the first few years I would say I was more gambling than trading :sweat_smile:

Great graph!

I think a big problem for me is understanding that more work doesn’t equal more results. Just because I work hard for 1 year, it doesn’t mesn that my trading will automatically get better.

It all depends on how well you learn your lessons and improve your trading. It’s totally possible to work hard and never get it right. That’s what’s scary.

If you keep going, though, and assess your losses and make small improvements, you will eventually find your way, I think.

1 Like

100%! It is ingrained in us that we need to work harder to get better results! While there is an element of truth in that for most things, in trading - overworking or spending too much time on the charts can actually sabotage our growth and progress!

We are our own worst enemy!

1 Like

My Forex trading experience has been full of highs and lows, which is very usual, so be prepared for a bumpy ride. Finding an excellent training programme is the finest thing you can do for yourself.

Patience is a virtue in trading. As well as dealing with fear greed and tiredness. Too early quitting was my one of biggest backslide.