Just another day of my Trading Progression

I’m Fidel,

I’m not exactly the most outspoken person; I prefer to keep my readings to myself. Everything was going according to plan until a thought struck me when I discovered the BabyPips trade journals. I noticed people confidently sharing their journey from when they started until now, and their progress was evident in their journaling habit. That got me thinking, why not try to record my journey as I navigate through this forex world?

Returning to my initial statement to keep my readings to myself, like a secret spy who might release a great financial report if he spoke for a minute. I say this beacuse have just started reading about Fundamental analysis on the High school level.I can now understand why forex experts discuss jargon like “CPI data,” “Employment claims,” and “Interest rates.” Initially, it was confusing for me because I believed that mastering my indicators was enough. However, the urge to read doesn’t end there. Even if I want to be head-to-toe in technical analysis, it would be cool to talk about CPI, interest rates, employment rates, and GDP in a forex discussion, right?

I’m hopeful that I will be able to communicate my progress through this journey up to graduation and beyond.

6 Likes

Welcome! I was like you about a year ago. Back then I said, if I keep a journal, maybe it will help me to keep consistent and give me a way to go back and review my trades.

Plus I can document when I try new things.

And I think it’s working! Keep it up!

3 Likes

I’ve been in babypips for over two years. It was only since October that I became active in the forums and started my trading journal. I wish I had done it sooner.

I learn a lot from being active in the forums and writing my trade journal that I would never have learned if I kept to myself.

I look forward to following your journey in trading. Godspeed, Fidel.

3 Likes

Welcome - very good to start a journal at this stage! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome!

Excited to read what you have going. The forums and a journal are an amazing place to really build that consistency and get support for others.

Cheers :beers: :beers:

1 Like

So today after my lesson, I decided to check my chart, where I was looking to practice both my technicall skills and a few fundermental skills that have aquired for the past 1 week after posting the journal.

Well the pair in interest is CADJPY.

My support line was guided by a bullish order at 105.03 and resistance by a bearish order block at 110.8. We have trendline showing a long downtreand from Nov 23rd. At where the price is now, the prediction is; it has to retest the support zone and end up to the trendline. In my practice , if the price retests the support zone I will go long for a short time, targetting the trendline.

In my Fundamental anlysis,

CADJPY looks a little bit oversold, however , we can’t be too convinced of a bullish reversal on the pair yet, although we are looking out for a reversal. The pair has been in a downtrend from Octomber and has been able to retest the highs in the 110s on November. Some buying volume are seen on the chart for the past week or so, there is still a lot of resistance in the way.

What are we looking out for this pair; tomorrow/today (according to the time zone) is JPY’s interest rate announcement followed by CAD’s CPI and GDP is coming later this week. Investors will need a more restrictive BOJ in the statement, but they are expected to keep the reates below 0%. Canada’s CPI is expected to come in lower on all fronts, thus suggesting a weakness i the currency.

WELCOME ANY INSIGHTS I MIGHT HAVE MISSED O N THIS ONE.

currently studying fundamental analysis.

Well a few observations have picked from the set up so far.

The pair retested much sooner than I had for seen, checking first on my techinical fine tunings, I found out that I had skipped support zone with a bullish order block previous at 106.106. Not only that but also the zone is a key level on the fibanancci retracement falling under 0.382 zone. It has reasons to retest at that zone.

More on the BoJ news this morning, JPY lost after BoJ maintained interest rate at -0.10% .The Bank of Japan maintained a loose monetary policy keeping the interest rate at steady level of -0.10%. Babypips economic calendar had predicted the same.

So the movement on the chart shows CAD gaining value than JPY as result the BoJ stand.