Just diving in, and a question about demo platforms

Hi everyone,

I’ve literally just joined and signed up for the BabyPips school. Really looking forward to diving into that!

I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to share which demo site worked for them before they started trading live please? I would like to start playing as I learn :slight_smile:

I have always been fascinated by this world, and not dived it. I love that from the little I know, a lot is about our mind and psychology around it and also the maths!

Look forward to being a part of this space :slight_smile:

Youre mostly welcome. Any demo account is great for you. You’ll know more as you learn further.

It’s always best to open a demo account with a regulated broker suitable for the country you are in, who would also be suitable for live accounts. Just Google it.

best of luck.

Thanks! Yeah I’m very visual, so I imagine the key is finding a platform that plays to that as well. I’ve seen so many when I Google that I have no idea where to start, but I suppose as I do the training, and just to start is key :slight_smile:

You can sign up with any broker that offers demo like Tickmill, Hotforex, etc. Doesn’t matter actually, demo accounts are more or less the same since they don’t simulate live trading conditions completely, for example have instant execution which can greatly affect scalping results.

Hi and welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome! You’re on the right track to start learning. You may want to try out a couple of different platforms to see which one suits your needs and preferences the best. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you!

I demo traded with Oanda which is what I eventually used. It would also be good to demo trade with the broker you plan to use in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for that tip! When you say the broker you plan to trade with - is that a person (do we need our own broker) or more an entity that offers those services? Thanks again!

Demoed on Trading.com, Forex.com and Oanda. Even tried FXCM. Traded with trading.com for at least 6 months. Then dumped that and went to Oanda. Hooked up Oanda to Tradingview and now I’m trading live.

1 Like

Helloooo! :blush: Personally, I liked my demo experience with Oanda and Forex.com. I’m actually live trading with them Forex.com now. :blush: Trying out a few platforms would be good so you can check out which ones work best for you. But personally, I think these two are pretty user-friendly. :blush:

1 Like

Awesome thank you!

Thanks for that @ria_rose, I look forward to hearing how your journey with it goes! :blush:

hello my friend
welcome to the forum
people always help you here and they are very good people and enjoy it
i think demo accounts are same so dont think about one demo account that is better or not
first learn after that search for good platform and broker
and ask your question here they will help you

1 Like

Thanks so much @VasilTodorov :slight_smile: