Just trying to live the dream

Hello everyone I’m Antwan I’m 34 bout to be 35 in bout a month US Army Veteran just trying to learn and hopefully make another source of income for me and my family so we can someday live our dream life any tips would be appreciated. I am a beginner starting from the ground up would love to learn and hopefully find a mentor to study under

2 Likes

First tip is there is no short cut to success. FX trading is high risk negative sum speculative profit AND loss venture. Which means you will experience both income AND expenditure.

I suggest you open a demo account from a US regulated broker - IG would be suitable - to practice and experiment on what you should learn from this great educational site before going live. See if FX trading suits you and your lifestyle. At the very least, enjoy the no cost learning opportunity.

Second tip. Ignore social media marketing hype, it’s mostly, but not all, fantasyland. There are many spam so called ‘mentors’. tradertom.com is a genuine no cost pro trader. Read his book.
Hope that helps. Best of luck.

I appreciate the help and info im just taking it slow learning definitely gonna be doing demo for awhile maybe build my account up while I learn so when I think im confident enough to go live I’ll have a nice investment account but right now slow and steady for me

Welcome! Glad you’re not looking at forex as a get rich quick scheme! :slight_smile:

Hello Antwan! How are you getting on with your trading education? I hope all is going well. Take your time learning, be patient and stay motivated as you go through this journey. Good luck!

Welcome to the community, Antwan. Have you started with the education section here? It’s the best place to start for beginners. Good luck on your fx trading journey.

Welcoooome! :blush: I’m sure so many people here have already told you this but it would definitely not be an easy journey learning forex. But I’m sure you can power through. :blush: Good luuuck! :smiley: