Kiss principle trading

**MON26AUG2019: GBP/USD COUNTER TREND SHORT TRADE DIV2 4H CHART: +1u :slight_smile: **

I have set up a basket of USD and JPY crosses to complement my GBP/JPY focus trading. The reason is the meeting I had with my son last night (as mentioned above), we discussed my strategy and reasoned that whilst I love trading just the G/J and most of my profits come from it, this doesn’t mean I can not seek for other trades that sound appealing, but keep it under control.

On that note, I will try one more time to “expand my horizon”…for you guys that follow my posts, it is up to you wether you want to only take my G/J trades…

USD BASKET: Based on my analysis of AUD/USD, EUR/USD, GBP/USD and NZD/USD, I am favouring the BULL SIDE. The AUD is in the process of forming a possible DAY HAMMER. The NZD is forming a BULL wedge/triangle (however I am not an expert on this type of formations :frowning:), but the clearest of all signs is in the EUR/USD, which had completed a nice Gartley 79% and formed a “right tip or D point” with a hammer, inverted hammer, bull engulfing candles. This is the trade I should still be in as mentioned earlier. And the GBP/USD has formed a clear Bull Crown and it is in a clear 4h up trend.

So, why on earth I am entering SHORT?! Good question! Because I can’t help myself. It is part of my trading to use the RSI Divergence, although I tried to only use the 3-point, I am just a bit of a “punter”… I believe it should retrace back to one of the fibs, before it continues its up trend…

I am however, working hard on myself to stop entering these type of trades, specially if I am going to expand my horizon, there is no need to keep taking these risks when there will be a lot more opportunities to trade with the current. In short, “due to my focus on G/J I needed to open up my type of entries, so BAD HABITS DIE HARD…”

I recommend to you guys, stay out of this one, and wait for the LONG TRADE opportunity that should come about mid-this week…

wait and see…

TUE27AUG2019: TRADE NOW AT B/E. It moved our way pretty much easy, and it has moved on a 1:1 ratio so now I am happy to make this a freeroll trade. And see if it hits our TP or we b/e

TUE27AUG2019: TRADE CLOSED AT +1UNIT :slight_smile:

MON26AUG2019: JPY BASKET: Based on my analysis of the same type of crosses AUD, EUR, GBP, NZD, USD/JPY) most of these are in the process of forming DAY hammers. If they do, I would be favouring the BULL SIDE and seeking for long entries. Day Hammers are pretty much my ultimate favour. I do not recall any losing trades that involved this set up …for me at least…We also have signs of over sold in the Day RSIs…

With the GBP/JPY, I have done just that, as described above.

A couple of print outs as example…

MON26AUG2019: COMMODITIES BASKET
Nothing much happening in my view, except for:

LONG @ Coffee on Day Hammer: Now S/L @0.5u Risk

LONG @ Wheat on Day Hammer S/L now @ Closed @ B/E :blush:

and a possible SHORT trade coming up on Gold IF it forms a Day Shooting Star by candle close…
as shown below…

TUE27AUG2019: GOLD SHORT ON DIV3 & SHOOTING STAR
As discussed above…

TUE27AUG2019: EUR/USD 4H CHART LONG TRADE G62 -1u:frowning:
In the USD basket I have a couple of Day hammers formed by the NZD and AUD crosses, however, both are “counter trend signals” with no other support except the Oversold RSI.
Yet, these are nevertheless “bullish” signs.

The EUR/USD however, has formed a textbook Gartley at the 62% fib retracement. To play it safe, as discussed in previous posts, I am placing my Stop below the 78.6% which is also where the “Left Tip” of last lows of the previous down trend sit. If this time I get stopped out…oh well so be it!
It would only give me a 2:1 if I place the stop where it suppose to be “below the last low” of the down trend, whilst currently I am getting 3:1 or so…

TUE27AUG2019: JPY BASKET: NO ACTION
On the JPY basket, as previously mentioned, I was waiting to see if there were Day Hammers formed, but instead we ended up with a few Piercing Patterns and RSI Divergence.
These are also “Bullish” signs, and if you wish to take the punt, as “I used to…”, then go for it. I am staying out, whilst waiting for a GBP/JPY bull signal on the 4h charts or a Gartley in the AUD, NZD, EUR, USD/JPYs Day Charts.

All of these JPY crosses, are in the process of forming such a reversal, if it happens of course. I have used the AUD/JPY as example, you can see these possible formation happening in all others except the GBP/JPY. I will trade the “D” point if and when they happen either G62 or G79.

But this should happen some time next week I would guess…stay tuned…

TUE27AUG2019: G/J LONG TRADE FIB61.8% RETEST: +0.5u :slight_smile:
The 61.8% fib of the last 4h upswing has been retested, as such, I have entered long at the current price levels.

WED28AUG2019: GBP/USD 4H SHORT TRADE DIV3: +1.5u :slight_smile:

WED28AUG2019: COCOA LONG TRADE 4H CHART GARTLEY 79%: -1u:frowning:

FRI30AUG2019 GBP/USD LONG TRADE 4H CHART FIB61.8%: -1u :frowning:

MON02SEP2019: COPPER SHORT LIMIT ORDER DAY CHART FIB62%: +0.5u:slight_smile:

I am selling Copper Cash on opening. I have placed a Limit Order on the Day Chart
We are in a Down trend currently, and it retraced to the Fib 61.8% forming a Evening Star to enter short.

Mon4Sep2019: Closed at 0.5u profits

WED4SEP2019: GBP/JPY LONG TRADE DAY CHART HAMMER:
UPDATE AT TUE 10SEP19: S/L @ +2.5u

Going long although is costing us 150pips my target is 300pips. However, there can be better entries on the 30m or 4h charts later on that can be taken. Stop should be however below the day swing low as shown

Happy trading

FRI6SEP2019
It is quite awesome when the market synchronize in such a way that all our trades move in the same profitable direction. After showing a nice hammer in the GBP/JPY I analysed all other JPY & USD crosses in my baskets and most had the same candle signal showing up, the all powerful Day Hammer… So I added to my trades as shown. Today, all are at least on break even whilst some others like the GBPs have locked in profits.
So far, the EUR/USD is the only one that has shown some things of bull exhaustion with a “Bear Harami”. I might take the 1.5u profits out of that one…!

post note: EUR/USD: Closed @ 1.5u profits.
post note: NZD/USD: Closed @ 4u profits
post note: GBP/USD: Closed @ 1u profit

FRI6SEP2019:

Closing Coffee at -0.25u: NOTE: Didn’t get to close coffee yet, and it is still running at plus, will let it play out next week and see how it goes.

Gold: Adding to the trade, now we also have the possiblity of a Week Tweezer Tops, we were just saved by a few points, still short and waiting. Now it has formed a clear Day Bear Engulfing at same level of the Day Shooting Star we used to enter short, this further confirms my believe that we might be about to start a Down Trend. I will continue to move our Target Profit further to ride it if it happens. Same as what I am doing with the current long trades on GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, NZD/USD

FRI6SEP2019: COCOA WK BEAR GARTLEY & DAY BULL GARTLEY?
COCO loves Gartleys… A year ago, on 30Sep2018 week, I identified a Week Bull Gartley “D” point (check it out!) it was a textbook definition which culminated on week commencing 7July2019 with a Week Shooting Star at past resistance level (formed by a wk evening star around 13May2018).

I was waiting and waiting for it, the only mistake I made at the time was that i didnt maximise my profits. My plan at the time was to keep adding to my Weekly Based Analysis Trade (gartley) using the dips on the day chart, which was again textbook Fibs 618/786, but I didn’t stuck to my plan.

This time, I may have a second chance!
In my opinion we have TWO Gartleys in the forming with Coco.

On the WEEKLY CHART, we have a BEAR GARTLEY, which is currently at point “A”. According to our Gartley Rules we enter on the “D” point. However, this is a Weekly Timeframe which means that there is opportunity to trade almost each leg: W-X, X-A, A-D, D-Extension. This takes us to the next… (NOTE: the Weekly “W” Point was the “D” point of the Bull Gartley I am referring to that I traded at the time a year ago)

On the DAY CHART, we have what I believe a Bull Gartley forming. IF and only IF I am right, we should be able to enter at the Day Gartley “D” point around the 618-786 and ride the A-D leg of the Weekly Bear Gartley. Once we hit the “D” Point in the latter, we will reverse to Short…

Now, it is a matter of wait and see… and this is the hardest part…

Of course, for those of you that love action, Coco has formed a DAY Bear Engulfing Candle at the 38.2% fib retracement of the last down swing, and if my analysis is correct, then it should go down from here to the opposite 618 or 786 fib. HOWEVER, in my view there is a chance for only 1:1 R:R which as we all know, is NOT good business…

The GBP/JPY trades and others I have active, is good enough for now to keep me entertained and busy until these Coco GArtleys come to play… *(if they do of course).

MON09SEP2019: COPPER SHORT TRADE DAY CHART: S/O -1u :frowning:
On a Tweezer Top / Harami bear candle pattern at a Day Resistance Level, I have entered SHORT ON COPPER. Target is above the 61.8% of the last UpSwing (as shown).
Also, this current juncture appears to be point “A” of a W-X-A-D Leg of a possible Bull Gartley
If this trade plays out, this means 2.5:1 R:R

Happy trading!

MON09SEP2019: G/J LONG TRADE 1H (ADDING 0.5u risk NOW @ 0.5u taken)
I have added a 0.5u trade to my current G/J Day Trade (still active from 4th Sep 2019 above).
Based on a bounce from the recent 61.8% FIB
Only investing 0.5u to ensure we do not give back much of our current locked in profits if the trade doesnt work out. I also haven’t set a Take Profit Target. I have also moved my TP for the first Day Trade up to 1,000 pips away from the entry price to ensure I do not get hit prematurely.

TUE10SEP2019: NZD/USD SHORT TRADE DAY CHART: Just S/O @-1u :frowning:
On a Day Shooting Star and 4h bear candle formations, I have entered SHORT on NZD/USD for a 2:1 - 3:1 target

FRI13SEP2019 TRADE UPDATES:

NZD/USD: S/O @-1u
Copper: S/O @-1u
Coffee: Currently Paper Profits +2u. S/L @ B/E
GBP/JPY: Currently Paper Profits +2.5u. S/L @ +2u locked in
Gold: Currently Paper Profits +0.5u. S/L @ 1u risk

I might not be entering any more trades until I have secured more profits on the above open trades (coffee, g/j, gold) with the exception of the Coco Gartley if it presents.
I just got stopped out on NZD/USD by a few pips, and I was about to re-enter however I opted not to.

Wait and see…
Happy trading! :slight_smile:

WED18SEP2019 TRADE UPDATES:

Coffee: Currently Paper Profits +1u. S/L @ B/E
GBP/JPY: Currently Paper Profits +3.5u. S/L @ +2.5u locked in
Gold: Currently Paper Profits +0.5u. S/L @ B/E

THU 3OCT2019 UPDATES:
Coffee: Currently in +0.5u locked in
GBP/JPY: Closed at Profit +2.5u
Gold: S/O @ B/E

THU03OCT2019: COPPER LONG TRADE ON DAY BULL GARTLEY
As shown…