KOM Contest

Can you tell me the position with the KOM contest?

Hi Starlo,

The last King of the Micro contest was held in July of this year. It’s possible that we may offer a new contest in the future, but that has not yet been finalized. I will post an update in this section of the forum should that happen.

Jason

Hi Starlo,

You asked me earlier about FXCM’s plans for a trading contest to replace King of the Micro. I’m happy to announce the launch of a new contest for FXCM clients hosted by our partner, Toptradr.

Each week, the ten FXCM clients at the top of the contest leaderboard will be awarded prizes from a [U]$7500[/U] prize fund. That’s [U]$30,000[/U] in prize money each month and [U]$360,000[/U] each year that FXCM clients will win.

[B]You can begin competing for weekly prizes today. The first prizes will be awarded the week of July 22nd, then each subsequent week thereafter. To join the contest, download the Toptradr contest app for iPhone or Android by visiting iTunes or Google Play Store, and “link” your FXCM live trading account.[/B]

Toptradr isn’t your typical trading contest. You don’t get rewarded for getting lucky or earning massive returns on a few highly leveraged trades. You are rewarded for being a good, consistent trader. To win this contest you have to be able to place low-risk/high-reward trades regularly, and you need to be able to consistently grow the equity in your account.

The contest is structured this way because Toptradr (the company) is looking for FXCM clients to back with their own money. The ultimate goal of this contest is to determine who deserves the right to be called the “Top Tradr” and manage the equivalent of a $1,000,000 fund (“Main Contest Prize”).

The Main Contest Prize is awarded at the conclusion of a 6-month trading period, which begins once 5,000 FXCM clients have joined Toptradr and “link” their live trading accounts. Toptradr will make an official announcement at that time.

[B]You can download the Toptradr contest app for iPhone or Android by visiting iTunes or Google Play Store, and “link” your FXCM live trading account to join the contest. Then use the Toptradr app to keep track of the contest and your position on the leaderboard.[/B]

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason