Las Vegas Shooting

If you gave the Knife wielding assailants and the acid throwing sub continental thugs in the UK access to handguns or god forbid automatic weapons, the death toll in the UK would be far, far, far greater… the wild west…

Better education is definitely the way forward…Students are subject to bullying and negative peer group pressure in all of the countries listed… they just cannot go home and grab Dad’s handgun in the heat of the moment and take out as many innocents as the ammunition will allow… That’s the difference in the US…

Yes, clearly the death toll would be greater per event. But we shouldn’t be focusing on just reducing the numbers of victims per event.

The Nice truck attack killed 86 people and injured over 400, so very comparable with the worst US gun attacks. Just as we have not focused on stopping the hire of lorries and restricting their speeds to 5mph, we should not be focusing on restricting access to guns and their shots per minute.

It will be no consolation to society or the victims or their families after a US handgun shooting attack in in the future in which, say 6 people are shot to death if we are able to say, “Oh well, it could have been worse but at least he only had a 6-round chamber.”.

This will not be good enough. Politicians are seeking to get themselves off an uncomfortable hook by diverting attention towards the types of guns. This makes them look tough and pro-active while also scoring a hit on their political opponents but it isn’t greatly helping society find a solution to this problem. They should not be let off so easily. We should not be so willing to be put off a more difficult and longer path.

That’s not what stringent gun control is, it’s about removing guns from the public that have no need to be carrying full stop…we’re going around in circles…

A mass shooting every two weeks or so… doesn’t happen in Australia because of tight gun control, doesn’t happen in the UK because of tight gun control…

There’s no way of getting guns out of US society. On the other hand, guns were never part of UK or Australian mainstream society. The cases are very different in where they started from, how they got here and where they are now so comparison such as you put up is invalid.

Yes, here we go again, and I can tell you exactly how this will all play out.

Media will give us several days of none stop coverage, reporting very few facts as the police will be releasing very few facts. to fill in time the media will pit the most extreme gun rights people against the most extreme ban all guns people, and come Monday this story will be old news and the media will be back to their 24/7 Russia, Russia, Russia bullsh-t

ho, and don’t forget the conspiracy crowd who will tell you this is a false flag and nobody was killed,

God I hope will live in a simulation created by a programmer with a bad sense of humor,

This headline is total BS, read the article I am sure you will agree

Even the deep state ran Washington Post is calling out the above story as being hogwash

Beware of desperate people - Nothing to lose !

WHether a truck, van, knife, garden fork, petrol bomb, etc etc - I am always amazed that so many people just quietly commit suicide instead of going berserk !

Have you notice these people always target those that have the most to live for like these young kids, you will never see a shooter takeout a whole nursing home

The nothing to lose comes from not believing in God and no concern of burning in hell

Now here are a couple changes to gun laws I would totally support

The gunman from the Florida shooting, purchased his AR-15 legally last year at age 18, so it is illegal to purchases and consume a beer if under age 21, but you can buy all the AR-15’s you want. That is so wrong on so many levels

Next is the mental health issue, a mentally ill person or someone on anti-depression drugs should not be allowed to buy a gun.

1 Like

[quote=“Dennis3450, post:68, topic:115847”]
Have you notice these people always target those that have the most to live for like these young kids, you will never see a shooter takeout a whole nursing home [/quote]

Some truth in that - but why would anyone feel that they need to take “Revenge” on people in nursing hmes - Who may actually desire to shuffle off this mortal coil ?

Interesting one that - most forums prohibit discussion of the God myth - however if Babypips is different, I should be only too happy to mention the Salem witch trials, twin towers, and the thousands of Palestinians trapped and abused in the Gaza strip ! All of which are sanctioned by “God”

Not even taking into account all of the hundreds, if not thousands of people held in prison for obeying the specific instructions they have received from God !

As for “Hell” - the concept of billions of old souls sitting on clouds playing harps and serious numbers in perpetual flames really is just as ludicrous as belief in the “literal truth of the seven day creation” and trying to get “creationism” taught in schools with the same weight as the real evolutionary facts. :laughing:.

However as I said - I will not enter into that debate without someone shows me that religious discussion is ok on this site !

“The FBI said it failed to act on a tip about the suspected Florida school shooter’s potential for violence”

So apparently Facebook has all these algorithms to stop people like myself from posting anything about Bitcoin, but if a kid wants to post how he plans to kill everyone at his school Facebook has no issues with that.

And the FBI was given hard evidence of this kids intent yet did nothing, This is not unlike the tip they ignored prior to the Boston bombing.

Now with this information in hand will we see protesters at the FBI building, nope, any protesters at FaceBook, nope again.

But what we got were a bunch of paid protesters putting on a show for the media in front of the White House.

And you wonder why nothing ever gets done to address these mass shooting

2 Likes

This is amazing, there was an armed officer at that school and he never confronted the shooter, I repeat my charge that our government is allowing these shooting to take place to create a public outcry for repeal of the 2nd Amendment and confiscation of guns

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/douglas-school-cop-never-went-in-during-the-shooting-there-were-other-failures-too/ar-BBJtrNW?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Just like in the Vegas shooting we have another Sheriff changing his story to cover his ass

“Sheriff says he got 23 calls about shooter’s family, but records show more”

This incident obviously demonstrates that there’s no safe place anywhere in the world. And this really upsets me, actually(((

I for one believe our government (Deep State) is somehow involved in these shootings, at the very least they are allowing them to happen and take no action to stop them. The ultimate goal here is a repeal of the second amendment and confiscation of guns. Before long our country will be like the move “Hunger Games” and our only defense against the government will be a bow and arrow, but I am sure they have seen the movie and will ban them as well

I don’t recognise any deep state being behind psychotic shooters.

For one thing deep state is usually held up to be an extreme right wing grouping, whereas gun bans and controls are generally driven hardest by the left.

Which is interesting. Whereas the prototypical conspiracy theory was the JFK assassination, it is widely accepted that this was a hoax driven by the KGB, aiming to disunite US citizens from the US government. Did a pretty good job from what I can see.

Just saw this on the news

So much for arming the teachers!

So what are the odds that just days after the Florida shooting and calls by some to arm teachers that you would have a teacher arrested for firing a gun at a school,

These right wing and left wing labels are nothing more than means to divide us, someone who is truly on the right wants less government, less government means less power for the deep state, being left-wing use to mean anti-war, but now the biggest war mongers are all on the left. Banning guns is this one step in expanding the role of government run by the left wing of the Deep State

There’s no deep state.

Next, you will be telling us there is no Santa Claws

1 Like