LatitudeFX.co.nz

Hi,

I’m new to the game. Can someone tell me if latitudeFX (based in new zealand) is a trustworthy broker?

Cheers,
awak

Hi, how have you found Latitude Fx As I am in NZ and looking for a FX Brooker

It is really hard to say my friend you never really know these days huh. I trade with a company called SummerStreet FX they make their money off volume and not spread rate so its easy to make money with them I opened an account not too long ago and made 11%. :smiley:

I like sending people their way (not trying to sound like I’m advertising), but they really are the most honest and simply the most awesome brokerage I have EVER worked with. Just tell them Mr. Prentice sent you (on the how did you hear about us thing for the demo account sign-up or what not) or if your talking to Dom the VP of Business their., and they will hook you up I know the guys :slight_smile:

Only real reason I signed up with them is because of the Paypal (which is down till they get their SEC registration processed by Payal) option, and the fact that they use MT4 with no dealing desk (so I use an EA).

I live down in NZ, and do much of my FX trading with these guys. Being in this timezone, I get the full service from the desk, the pricing has proven competitive , and I like the fact that the funds sit with a top notch bank. Need to watch that these days I reckon! I’ve used both of their platforms on and off…

Hi Master Koala,

are you still with LatitudeFX? If you are do you know if it is possible to change the lot amount to 10,000 in the dealing panel. You can’t do it in the demo of their software I am trying to confirm that it is possible in the real thing.

Hi Deanbo, yes you’re able to trade small lots on both platforms. I actually didn’t realise that, when I was trading on the LFX Trader plaform, and was only trading 100k lots. Soon asked the question and trimmed it a little when volatility picked up through last October though.
You can trade down to 1,000 dollar positions (0.01 lots as the mkt seems to refer to it) on MT4 and 10,000 dollar positions (0.1 lots).
I just had another look at their website, as a remember there was a comparison page. The link for that page is latitudefx.co.nz/comparison.php
so you can check that out.
Where are you trading from? I’m based up in Auckland, NZ. Had it wrong a bit the previous week or so, but came good on the eventual sell offs last night.

Hi MK,

I am in Auckland as well but I am not live yet. Still have at least another 5 months to go.

Hi Deanbo, are you trading on the demo platforms at the moment? (how’s it going?)… It’s a good idea to get some sense of what’s known as ‘price action’ before you start to put some money on the line… This would be a type of ‘gut feeling’ for when something is wrong. A great number comes out and the currency doesn’t go up - that sort of thing. Demo platforms are great! They weren’t around when I started traded unfortunately. So had to learn the hard way!

Hi MK,

I’m definitely trading on price action. I am demoing. I’m using trend lines, round numbers, swing points and on the odd occasion Fibonacci retracement. Actually starting to make some virtual money!:smiley:

Hi Dean

I have traded with [B]LatitudeFX NZ [/B]for approx 9 months.
:frowning:
I would suggest you find another broker

I have already submitted a review on ForexPeaceArmy, and rather than repeat everything here if you get a chance check out the Broker Review section.

I hope I have not broken any relevant protocol by suggesting checking another sites Broker Review Section

If I have sorry babypips!

PS Gain Capital is LatitudeFX NZ partner, Google [B]Gain Captial Scam [/B]and you will further understand what type of people they are.

Luckie C Macdonald