Learning Charting

Hello you very wonderful and intelligent people that make up this forum. I sincerely hope things are going well for you.

I have been learning alot about trading 52 week highs and using various indicators such as oscillators and moving averages to confirm this, possibly adding more on a pullback, ensuring the trend is continuing. I am learning now about certain candlestick formations with support and resistance. Do you kindly please think the more you learn about technical analysis the more strategy’s you should add to your trading, or is it still best to keep things simple please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you have massive success with your investing. All the very best to you and have a wonderful week.

1 Like

I try to keep things simple because technical analysis is based on irrational reaction of many market players on certain price (or technical indicators) pattern that was in the past. Technical analysis is not magic nor it is law that can’t be explained by some simple logic, so if you try to trade complicated patterns, the chance that others will see it in the chart is low.

When I was starting out, I also got super excited and basically used all indicators I read about on the school. :sweat_smile: But it can get confusing and complicated with all of those on your chart. :open_mouth: Maybe using just around 2 indicators at a time? :slight_smile: See how that works for you? :blush: Good luuuck!

Oof definitely don’t have too many strategies! Try one first for a couple weeks/months and then document your progress. If it works, keep it and if not, well, time to switch to a new one but be careful not to be too impatient and just keep switching strategies.

That is a spread issue. The more I read this forum, the more I get convinced of how similar all traders to each other.
I mean, their very first steps are so unwise, to be sincere, I also believed that utilizing as many indicators as I could, applying so much of them that i could barely see the price movements was a thing I also started off.
But we are here to learn, exchange knowledge and experience. So now I guess it’s quite clear that indicators combination is a super subtle thing. Everything’s got to be tested.

Definitely! As we gain experience, we learn the importance of refining our strategies. It’s all part of the learning process.