Learning fundamental analysis

Greetings traders,
i’m trying to do swing trading and understand the need for fundamental and sentiment analysis. Are there any sources you guys can provide to help the learning process. I really dont have a finance or economics background and it just seems very daunting to just dive right in. Its not laziness i just dont know where or how to really start. Any recommendations?
Cheers

1 Like

If you google ‘important financial currency news’ you,ll get a list of sources which could help you identify the most important ones. Many apps include important dates.

I use these major news dates to avoid trading in the affected currency until they have passed.

1 Like

I’m not convinced that there is a straight-line relationship between knowing more about fundamentals in forex and making more money in forex trading.

However, fortunately for students of fundamentals in forex there are relatively few influences big enough to impact currencies - bank interest rates, NFPR’s and unemployment figures would be enough to give decent guidance for each currency most of the time.

3 Likes

Follow the world news and views and it will help you highly. For example, any turmoil in USA will cause the USD to lose in price.

Hey! I searched the internet for you and I found some sources. I myself prefer Skill share.

1. Fundamental Analysis Courses:
  • “Investing in Stocks: The Complete Course” on Udemy
  • “Financial Markets” on Coursera
  • “Fundamental Analysis for Investment” on edX
  1. Technical Analysis Courses:
  • “Technical Analysis: Master the Art of Stock Trading” on Udemy
  • “Technical Analysis Fundamentals: Reading Stock Charts” on Skillshare
  • “Technical Analysis for Beginners” on Investopedia Academy
  1. Comprehensive Courses:
  • “The Complete Foundation Stock Trading Course” on Udemy (covers both fundamental and technical analysis)
  • “Technical Analysis and Chart Interpretations” on Coursera (covers technical analysis in-depth)

First and most obvious, have you looked at the Babypips School of Pipsology?

The list below is a bit daunting but if you see any that jump out at you, try them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Books:

• “A Beginner’s Guide to the Stock Market: Everything You Need to Start Making Money Today” by Matthew R. Kratter: This is a beginner-friendly book that lays out the basics of the stock market.
  • “Technical Analysis for Dummies” by Barbara Rockefeller: An easy-to-understand guide on technical analysis.
  • “Market Wizards” by Jack D. Schwager: This book shares insights from top traders, providing an understanding of the thought processes and strategies of successful traders.
  • “Mastering the Trade” by John Carter: This book offers a lot of practical information about the markets, complete with strategies, real-life examples, and self-tests.
    2. Online Courses:
  • Udemy: Provides comprehensive online courses for beginners to advanced traders. Look for courses like “Stock Trading: Swing Trading Stocks & Playing Options Course”, “Technical Analysis MasterClass: Trading by Technical Analysis”, etc.
  • Coursera: Offers courses related to trading and investment. “Financial Markets” by Yale University is a popular one.
    3. Websites and Blogs:
  • Investopedia: This is an excellent resource for beginners. It provides a wide variety of definitions, explanations, and tutorials on almost every aspect of trading.
  • Seeking Alpha: A platform for investment research, with broad coverage of stocks, asset classes, ETFs and investment strategy.
    4. Forums and Social Media:
  • Reddit: Subreddits like r/investing, r/StockMarket, and r/swingtrading have lots of discussions and can be a valuable resource.
  • Twitter: Many traders and investors share their thoughts and analyses.
    5. Tools:
  • TradingView: A social network for traders and investors on various markets. It provides excellent charting tools.
  • Yahoo Finance: Good for news and stock information.
    6. Podcasts:
  • Chat with Traders
  • The Investors Podcast
  • We Study Billionaires
2 Likes

I took some courses on skill share on diverse themes. It is an excellent website with excellent classes.

1 Like

Exactly. They provide cohesive and high quality courses. I highly recommend them.

1 Like

It’s a great step to learn fundamental analysis because it gives traders a full view over the market.