Learning new strategies

Babypips has been really useful to me, but I want to learn a specific strategy, how can I learn a specific strategy… since you guys suggested I should learn and master one, how can I learn one?? Please I need your advice and suggestions guru in the forum… please come to my rescue… I need a strategy to use on demo before going live …

1 Like

First of all you should get those one strategy and then focus on mastering it.
In general, there are two main ways to get a strategy:

• to create your own strategy,
  • to use a strategy created by someone.

It could be quite complicated to create your own strategy, especially if you are a newbie trader. At the same time, it allows you to get a strategy that would be efficient enough to be able to make profit. Most of the strategies available for free within the Interenet are no longer working due to the market changes. For sure, you can use existing strategies as the source of particular elements to use in your strategy to improve it.

So, if you are looking for the strategy, you should start with searching for idea that could be turned into profitable strategy in future. When you will find it, you will be able to develop a set of rules regulating each step of trading process from entering the position to reasons to close it with loss or profit.

Thanks for your reply mate, so in other words, I have to buy strategies inorder to get one right? since free ones are no longer working… where do you suggest I can buy strategies from???

1 Like

dont a strategy , fixed a good one and practice for a long time in demo or micro account , then it will return more.

Strategies are free and are scattered all over the internet via Google and Youtube. Enter “forex trading strategy” and you will be hit with more than you could ever use.

Select a simple free strategy. Get a demo account. Run the strategy to find out how it works and how it suits your time/day. Exchange it for a better one if you need to and demo this one. When its making money consistently, use it on a small live account.

1 Like

@future_expert you do not have to buy a strategy. I would maybe suggest looking at Anna Couling Volume Price Action and then after watching the market(building up screen time) you can adapt the strategy to fit your trading style.

Then after enough screen time you will feel confident on building your strategy from scratch :slight_smile:

I like Anna’s approach as she explains the importance of Volume

2 Likes

Thank you so much :blush: Simeon, I will definitely look into that, how do I get her materials? On YouTube or how? And also I’m open to more suggestions please… beautiful people on this forum please keep giving me more suggestions…

1 Like

Have a look at ForexSignals TV and Rayner Teo on Youtube.

1 Like

In today’s era there are abundant resources to learn one just need to be determined enough to learn.

Research for strategies on Google, learn it, replicate it on a demo account and keep a track of every move in your trading journal. By the end of the day, you will see what strategy is profitable for you. Work on them and master it.

1 Like

I need clues on how to get a strategy… I need something to work on… who’s gonna help?

Can you help me with one or two strategies?? I just completed babypips

1 Like

look up wicksdontlie on youtube,that should help you out

Good :sweat_smile::+1:! I like the way you put your question. trading forex is quite easy if you master the in’s and outs of trading. There are a few things that you will need to know that most people will not teach you! Most people struggle to know when it’s time to buy and when it’s time to sell! This is were the pit fall is - Timing! in times people buy instead of selling and sell instead of buying! Well that’s not bad, if you see this happening to you then rest assured and know that you are not the only one. Every trader passes through that phase, some end up giving up!
A trading strategy is easy to find, they are absolutely free.
First and foremost I advice you to do a lot of research, take time to learn! Through learning you will realize that there is no perfect strategy but rather a perfect trader! My desire is to one day see you as a perfect :ok_hand: trader! Your journey must begin with knowledge and not a strategy! A strategy without knowledge is absolutely nothing! There are plenty people out there who move from strategy to strategy but still they are not content! I’ve been down that road and I know how it feels. Anyway thanks to Google and YouTube. All the knowledge you seek is out there.

God bless you mate, someone told me about Imarketslive… he said they will teach and train me more about forex… but the price is way out of my reach for now, what’s your take on this??

STAY AWAYYYYYY , they are lying to you

They are marketers, not traders.

You sound like you are in urgent need of a “strategy” which is dangerous because it puts you in a position where you can easily be scammed or sold lies. I recommend searching for that term “strategy” or whatever else you’re trying to learn on this forum first and reading up on them.

I know it can be tempting to just ask for what you need and expect answers but everyone here appreciates someone who’s at least done their research on the topic they’re asking about. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would recommend going to the Trading journals section and read through other members journals. Some of these may give you an idea of where to begin.

Don’t think you can just copy someone else’s strategy and become instantly successful. It doesn’t work that way. Be patient, educate yourself. Experiment and practice using a demo account. You don’t get good by copying, you get good by doing, by experience. If you take the time and work hard at it, I guarantee you, a strategy will follow.

Oh, did I mention patients?

Something doesnt make sense brother. No one mentioned lmarketslive so where did that come from? Secondly you mentioned price. I’m guessing you just want to advertise it and hopefully scam someone else into falling for a con. Please come with your true actions. It’s very easy for some of us who have been here for a while to notice discrepancies.