Learning the FXCM software

I just installed the FXCM software under Windows 7 and intend to paper trade, testing out stuff as I go through the Babypips tutorials. I’m still in the “it looks overwhelming” stage. What’s the best way to learn the FXCM software really well? I intend to use it only on my Windows laptop. I will not be using a smartphone or any other platform.

If you stay logged into your FXCM platform you will have a window pop up where the sales team there gives a demonstration on the platform and answers any questions you may have. Don’t quote me but I believe the webinars are given at 9 or 10am, 3pm, and 10pm (all Eastern Times) M-THR. You may want to call them and make sure. I hope you are working on FXCM Tradestation II. I luv it! I hope this helps…

Thank you. I very much appreciate the help.

Your welcome!

If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been trading? Are you live or are you still trading on demo?

I love part trading. So much more effective than just running a strategy through a tester

I’m new to this and using demo. I’m studying each day and am hungry to learn and become skilled, still wondering if I’m going to be able to hack this.

What is part trading? Do you mean part-time trading? You can get the hang of it after you really learn your charts (technical analysis as they call it). The hunger to learn is good for this business simply b/c there is a lot to learn. Right now im going to the FXCM classes they have for the live account holders. I got access to them just for opening a micro account for $50. I don’t trade my live, i’m still trading my demo too…

Hello Holden von Vloppen,

Welcome to the BabyPips and thanks for joining us in the FXCM section. I am FXCM’s representative on the forum, and I’m always available to help. But the BabyPips community does a great job answering questions as you can see :slight_smile: . fxladyrae225 is correct that the daily software demonstrations are held at 11am, 3pm, and 10pm ET Monday through Thursday, and you can access the webinars here FXCM .

All the best with your trading!

Jason

Hey Jason! I must say I have been trading my demo for about two months and I have had my live micro account for one month. I just started using the trading signals and I am very pleased with the accuracy of them. I mostly trade using technical analysis and the news rarely. I was skeptical at first b/c u aways hear traders raggin’ on how the brokers throw gimmicks to encourage you to trade and you lose more trades then you win. My red arrows are now green so I am thinking of funding my account and trade live next month. I’m very pleased w/ FXCM!

Hi fxladyrae225,

Great to hear you’re finding some success and thanks for the feedback. Green arrows on the chart are always a good sign :slight_smile:

Jason

hi holden
go on google ebook FXCM did a search you will find a superb guide

Thanks Soumailaadamou :slight_smile:

Here’s a link for everyone to the guide: Learn Forex, Forex Trading Guide, Forex Trading Basics | FXCM

Jason