Leg0nd's System 13 Trade Journal

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;610374”]Whats up brutus. Will be back a little later to try an elaborate for ya. I didn’t not post my trade last night, however, I did decided to stay long AU based on the Data. AU Long at .89590 +132.9 pips Will be back later with an update and hopefully an explanation. If you do not have excel, then you will not be able to repeat my success in the same manor without the software. It is necessary for excel to do all the calculations so that we can trade the result of the calculations.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I have excel.
Hopefully you cashed in on AU before the Friday sell off.

Been away from the log. I lost 30 and 50 pips on au buys over the weekend. no big deal. Reviewed over the information, today au will sell according to the statistics.

Au Sell @.90373

Be back with an AUDate (Update lol)

Held the AU sell according to the data it was supposed to sell today,

AU +56.1 pips

Been dormant for a few days. Went on vacation, but am back and trading again. Hopefully more successfully than ever.
Tomorrow I will try and post an update on whats going on with the algo’s.

Today’s trade:

EU Sell @ Open price (My price was 1.39137)

Will be back in the AM with a trade update. At time of this post am down 2.6 pips

Hey guys I am back with an update. I ended up closing my EU trade just a moment ago.

EU +90.1 pips profit :slight_smile:

The reason for the trade will be explained better tonight assuming I take a new position depending on what the data looks like. I may not have found the grail, but if anything I do feel positive I have found an edge to increase my odds at picking good trades with high probability of profit. In order to continue at this rate, I must be very selective on my trades on not place trades every day like my original goal. The key is finding high probability trades no matter what system one uses, accepting loss on such trades if they go south while accepting the trade entry logic.

Be back in a bit hopefully to explain my current concept and why I think its the ticket to high probability trading. Some of the logic may need to be corrected, but that will only show face in the future after more studying and live trading results :wink:

Lets see how today the 20th goes before I share the logic behind system 13. The data looks crazy tonight. Under normal circumstances this would be a great trade! In all honestly It would be wiser to see what these numbers mean before taking any risk, but today I am feeling confident in the system and in my ability over all to interpret the information.

Trade:

EJ SELL @ 141.466

Other possible trade:
EU Sell @ or around Open.

Will be back in the AM with an update!

You never came back/didn’t message again in the group yesterday! Jerk. Jk. Nicely done.

My B!!! My house lost internet last night :frowning: Getting it fixed tomorrow afternoon… I’m at a relative’s house posting the trade updates XD. However I will be hitting you guys up tomorrow on Skype if you guys are on?

Todays Trade update:

Eu would have been a better trade at least at this current moment in time, however, I took +23.2 pips in EJ this morning. I got a little scared when I saw I was up 45 pips and it dropped down to the 20’s so I closed the position. My confidence returned after about and hour or so and I reentered EJ with half the amount of risk as the first trade @ 141.177 and am currently up +8.4 pips :slight_smile:

Will be posting the results tonight from my phone, however, since I am unable to download the data for the spreadsheet tonight, I will not be trading tomorrow on my b-day :frowning: oh well. Be back later,

Happy trading!

Closed out of my second position with a profit of 6.8 pips. Nice! Good enough for me, hopefully I will have the internet up for the weekend trade, no entry tonight though. Happy trading!

Weekend trade is here! I’m pretty excited, I think i found a great pair to hold through the weekend and it appears to be AJ!

Entered Long at 92.836

Other possible trade, EJ Long

Will be back around this weeks close with a trade update, at the time of this post I am down 3 pips.

Trade update going into the weekend:

AJ Long at 92.836 -8.7 pips

Considering a 20 pip spread, I feel like this was a well placed trade, timing could have been a little better, but I wanted to enter prior to the wide spread xD. Pulled the rest of the data and the long looks nice. Didn’t check EJ, but typically speaking if AJ Longs, so would EJ.

Now for some technicals…

My current system I’m going to briefly put out in laymen terms for those who like to watch my journal.

I do the following steps for each minute of the entire previous day prior to the day I trade. Well excel does xD. Thank God for Microsoft Excel!

1. Determine the net money invested for the market between the Open and Closing Price (The meat of the candle) using my volume equation: (Open to Close movement in pips)*(1/Opening Price)*100,000. I am under the impressing that 1 unit of volume in forex = 1 lot = 100,000 units or $100,000. The result of the previous stated eq gives me the Net minimal money required for the market to produce the Open to Close Candle excluding the candle wicks. The candles wicks come in the following steps.

2. Using the same volume equation I find the total minimal money invested in the higher extreme. Higher extreme when price goes up would be High - Closing price, if price went down it would be High - Opening Price. Next I multiply the result by 2. The reason for this is because the money that moves the market above the open or close also moves the same amount back down to the open or close thus, the money invested in these extremes must be multiplied by 2 in order to correctly measure the minimal money that moved the market to create these extremes. Wow that’s a mouthful.

3. Exact same as 2, except I do this for the lower extreme. Once again if the market moves up, I would take the Low price - Open price to get the extreme. If the market moved down, I would have taken the Low price - Closing Price. The result is also multiplied by 2 for the lower extreme for the same reason as the higher extreme.

4. Now that I have all the money figured out for the extremes and Open to Close… it gets kinda interesting. Basically I want to know what percent the wicks are of the entire candle. So after each minute of the day is sorted Long or Short, Microsoft Excel does some magic for me. If the market closes above open (Buy candle), I take the Higher Extreme money - Lower Extreme money and divide the result by Open to Close Money. I leave the result in integer form, however It actually represents the percentage of that particular minute was outside extreme or outside the Open and closing price. If the market closes below open (Sell candle) I take the Lower Extreme money - Higher Extreme money and divide the result by the Open to Close money.

5. After steps 1 - 5 have been completed for every minute of the day, I sum up the integer results of step 4 for the entire day and get a positive or negative Integer value for every buy and sell candle of the day. It is this Sum value for the buy and sell candles that I am able to place my day long trade’s off of with the accuracy I have been over the past two weeks… (Only the past 3 days i have been posting the trades, last week was a learning period and a trial and error period).

What causes me to go long or short for the day? Depending on which integer value is greatest or least depending on the spread between the Sum values (step 5) and whether or not both values are positive, negative, or a combination of the two is what I base my Long or Short positions off of.

The principal in which I am trading off of is indeed unique and simple, However It takes Microsoft excel 30+ columns and 1400+ rows just to give me the end result i trade of of. Of course some of the columns are not used for this particular system etc, but they where built off of to get to my step 5. As You can imagine, this is a pretty big spreadsheet.

The beauty of all this is that all I have to do is copy and past Open, Low, High, Close, and Volume I download from Oanda every night into excel and it takes literally 2 seconds for me to get my result thanks to excel doing all the math for me. I don’t use the Volume given to me from Oanda (previously posted in this journal) because this volume is raw and not the net volume for that minute. Thus the need for my fancy Volume equation xD. Just kidding… its not that fancy, just inverse and basic math ;).

Thanks for reading threw and I hope this makes sense to you guys. It’s simple yet advanced. Complicated but easy. However, isn’t that how trading is for everyone?

In case you are curious… My results for the AJ weekend trade where:

Long Sum: 8.199181999
Short Sum: 5.597517565
Spread or difference between the two integers: 2.601664433 (Was a closer integer earlier when I placed the trade, widened a little after the remaining time before close occurred)

Typically from what I noticed really tight spreads means high movement in one direction, likewise for very large integer differences.

Remember that trade I took Tuesday or Wednesday with a profit of 90.1 pips in EU? It had a very tight integer difference value. Which is why I posted that as time progresses I only intend on taking trades that have a very small integer difference the previous day… They tend to be High probability win trades :). That EJ trade i took Thursday which only resulted in around 30 pips for the whole day (both trades I took)… had a high difference but not an extremely high one… So, I’m learning what not to trade which is why I have been jumping pairs lately.

Thanks again for the read! Be back around Sunday Open with an update!

Edit: My step 3 was a little messed up guys, sorry I proofed this so late. I now also use 1 hr data along side the 1m data to make my trading decision. This has resulted in an increased accuracy.

Weekend trade got stopped out at breakeven. Lesson learned, Give the market a little more room.

Todays trade:

AJ Long @ Open. My price was 93.017

Right now I am up +14 Pips :slight_smile:

Trade update:

AJ + 27.2 pips

Be back later with another update.

Trade Update:

AJ Trade is up like 40 pips right now, looking good. Be back at 12 with a surprise :slight_smile:

Trade Update:

Closed AJ Position with + 45.9 pips profit. Nice

I’m trading live and demo at the moment. Trying to trade for the Apiary Fund… will get into that tomorrow. With that in mind, Each of these trades has a 100 pip stop and I am trading a .02 Lot size (2000 units per trade). Demo is funded with $10,000. Total account at risk: $272.74. Proper risk management? According to the fund I would say so.

All prices below are my entries:

AJ Long 93.503
NJ Long 87.510
UJ Long 102.335
AU Sell .91372
NU Sell .85524
EU Sell 1.38338
EJ Buy 141.542
EN Sell 1.61733
GN Buy 1.92894
GA Buy 1.80508
GJ Buy 168.793

My surprise was that I will be trading 11 trades per day now at least for the next 8 days demo and just one trade live. My live trade was the AJ trade.

So I will be posting all my trades. Free signals on these 11 pairs for the next 8 days for all :slight_smile:
I normally don’t like to take this many trades…

Trades are looking solid! Am profitable so far on both live and demo account :slight_smile:

All trades are green exept:

EJ
NJ
and AU.

Will be back later with an update! Demo account is up $25. $272.74 invested and so far $25 dollar profit… not bad.

Made some mistakes yesterday. No big deal. I don’t like trading all 11 pairs to be honest with you. I like trading just 1 pair per day, 1 trade. However, Since I am trying to Qualify for this firm, I need to make my 89 more trades by the end of next week.

Results… Lost 6 out of 11 trades. will come back and edit this post in the morning with the details. With only a 45% win rate on my demo, I only took $4.29 profit for the entire day. Considering I lost more than I won, that’s still awesome I ended up profitable knowing I made a few mistakes going into the day.

On the bright side, my live account… I took +30 pips in AJ yesterday. Putting me on a very nice winning streak in my live account. Apparently I am up 77.19% for the month of march already. Considering I trade pretty high risk and I only have won 64% of my trades this month, that’s not bad.

Onto tonight’s trades:

Live Account:

My favorite pair for the day appears to be EU

EU Short

Demo trades:

AJ Short
AU Short
EJ Short
EU Short
EN Long
GN Long
NU Short
GU Short
UJ Short
GJ Short

Be back with some updates and will edit this post in the morning with the specifics on yesterdays trades. Happy trading.

Trade Update:

EU Short + 17 pips

Looking good. As far as the other trades go, I will try and post updates later.

Trade Update:

I’m very excited about my selectivity on the pair I choose to trade each day. My EU trade is looking great and I am glad I chose to trade it even though I do not expect large profits today. To be honest I am happy with a 20 pip gain per day as long as it proves consistent, which over the past few weeks it appears to be proving itself quite nicely. However, I will not know how consistent the concept is until a few months down the road.

EU Trade: Currently up +29 pips at the time of this post.

Hey guys. I’m back. I’m pleased with yesterdays EU Short

Profit +29.5 pips

Unfortunately I did not get the data quick enough… EJ would have been my first choice tonight. The data looks amazing on EJ. I wanted to Long EJ, but considering it already moved up 15 pips from open, I do not want to get in too late (or rather too far from opening price) thus I choose my next best pick, which turns out to be EU again xD.

Tonight’s trade:

EU Long, my price is 1.37841.

Will be back in the morning with an Eudate (update :slight_smile: I should start coining these terms, maybe I will make a mint lol.