Let me introduce myself

Hey everybody my name is Tommy, just joined tonight, by suggestion of a good friend and client of mine. I’m looking to really learn the ropes of trading at my own pace, and hopefully create an extra stream for income as I continue to work my full time job. I’ve always been intrigued by trading, and finally decided to just dive in and see what I’m able to learn and just go from there.
Any insight or tips would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

1 Like

hello Tommy , i hope your journey will be awesome from this trading place. have a very good journey.

2 Likes

learning is okay but besides this it is more appropriate to make sure a regular practice session.

2 Likes

FX trading is a speculative profit and loss venture, which means you will lose money as well as winning money. It’s not a one way income street like a job. Your job focus as a beginner is learning how not to lose money, as without capital you cannot trade.

Best of luck, this great education site will send you on your journey to success.

1 Like

Hello Tommy.
You can do it. You can work full time and do trade at the same time.
I am also doing it, so I can say it confidently.

1 Like

Great place to start so pat your friend on the back there. Also good to hear you won’t be relying on it in any way for income as few make anything and it’s a hard nut to crack but if you are open to learning and can make the time to practice then it is a worthwhile venture.

1 Like

Hey Tommy, welcome to babypips. Start your basic learning with the school of pipsology and then move to demo trading. Learn and practice for as long as you don’t feel ready for the live market. Take your time and don’t rush your learning.

Hello Tommy, good to see you here. My tip would be to get started with demo account practice first as you learn more things about forex and trading. You can learn a lot from babypips itself. All the best!

Hey, your friend suggested the right place. So, learn well here from your senior traders and don’t rush making trades in the live market. It will take time and you better be ready to dedicate time to your learning.