Let's stay updated

So, what are the latest trading lessons you’ve picked up? They could be from your own ups and downs or something interesting you’ve read.

As for me, I’ve figured out that trading on every trend I spot isn’t the way to go. It’s like, we gotta stick to our tried and true resources rather than hopping onto every new trend we see. I guess that’s something I’ve learned the hard way!

4 Likes

as i recently started learnin bout forex and tradin i learned a plenty of things so it would take another life time to express them

1 Like

I like the line of thought here. Focus on what you’re doing right, understand it and build on it. Don’t focus on what doesn’t work and try to turn it round.

This is what made the Turtle Traders’ millions.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know and understand what you’re saying. Everyone experiences information overload in their first few days.

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s the best way. However, you didn’t share your own personal experience. I’d be glad to hear about one of our guardian’s latest experiences.

1 Like

For a time at least I have taken a break from trend-following and am trading using the Larry Williams Smash Day strategy. See Youtube etc. For entries, stop-losses and TP price levels this ignores trend: of course, once you’re in a position there is always the opportunity to manage it according to whether price is trending or not and if it is, whether your position is now trend-following or counter-trend. But I am keeping things simple so far while I gain experience and data on this strategy.

2 Likes

Hey, it’s crucial to adapt and learn from experiences, just like the one you shared. The key is to keep refining your trading approach based on what you’ve learned.

1 Like

So, should I give the Larry Williams Smash Day strategy a shot? Would you recommend it for a part-time trader?

Exactly! But, what’s the latest experience you had where you actually learned something?

but im gettin better day by day and im figurin things out

1 Like

It could work well for a part-time trader. Its a D1 time-frame strategy, and entries are via pre-set orders. The chart work is totally objective, based solely on price levels, so identifying a price level for a new order is certain, quick and free from guesswork.

There are important decisions for the individual trader - how many days to look back to get an entry signal, how long to hold a position once opened, whether to take account of prevailing trend etc… There is no right answer for these and the trader can decide how they want to run the basic strategy.

1 Like

I recently came to a different conclusion than you with your trends. For me it is best to trade every setup i possibly can. If i pause friday afternoon because i am already in the green and i don’t want to loose part of the profits i made that week, i often times will be very frustrated when the setup would be a winner and the next week i start with three losses in a row.

If one has a statistical edge, more trades should equal more profits. I tried it this month and i was rewarded for that.

1 Like

That’s just how it goes when you’re learning and doing something you love. You’re constantly evolving and becoming a better version of yourself, second by second.

1 Like

Sounds good! Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll definitely give it a shot.

Totally agree! For sure, the more trades you make, the more profits you can potentially earn, as long as you’ve got a solid strategy and make smart analyses.

Great observation and presentation. Keep posting something informative like this.

1 Like

I would be careful adopting this line of thinking, as the drive to place more orders can easily veer off from your key words here: “smart analyses”. Me thinks part of what makes a solid strategy is the discernment to stay out of setups that are less than ideal, so let’s be wary of jumping onto those thinking that more trades will bring more profit :grimacing: Best wishes.

1 Like

It’s not a 100%, it really depends on your trading strategy and discipline.

Some days break from trading will recover you mindset.

1 Like

Exactly, Our brains can’t handle all that crazy pressure and stress.