Leverage and position size

Hi, i’ve seen a lot of people talk about this but not in the size of account i have. So, i have a 200GBP account with 1:100 leverage, I want to risk 0.5% and have a SL of 30 pips,(instrument EUR/USD) however It comes up as my lot size as being 0.004 and this amount cannot be entered in MT4. I don’t know if my account value is too small to be investing 0.5% of any forex or if there is something i am missing here.

1 Like

Bruh i forgot to change the instrument on my calculator from GBP/USD to XAU/USD, i’ve really been bugging out for an hour over nothing

Don’t trade the way majority of the traders trade because majority in forex isn’t successful in trading. To maintain risk management, you should stick to lowering leverage sizes according to your capital.

1 Like

agree with your message

but if i’m risking 1% of 200 with 1:100 leverage, that’s good ?

It’s okay brother. But if you see that the market calm and you have opportunity, only then you can extend your leverage sizing.

but after that sometimes any kind of trading approach works to fail , this is a dark side of this market place.

Yes broker, you are on the right track. You can enhance your risk level at times depending on market opportunity available.

but this approach can be a risky , market moves at random most of the time.