Leverage....... whats maximum lot size can you use with leverage of 1:3

whats maximum lot size can you use with leverage of 1:3

1 Like

Who is your broker?

I think the lot size is specific to your broker. I’ve seen up to 20 and up to 50 regardless of leverage.

I agree with you. Leverage depends on the broker.

leverage is an important financial tool which an investor should consider when choosing a broker , leverage contains huge risk , so need a money management strongly first of all.

most of the time we traders always consider high leverage as high risk , but if you have good trading plan including money management then you can bring good amount of profit.

I agree with you. It is a bad trading setup that makes using high leverage a risk. With high leverage you could amplify your profit as long as the losing trades are at minimum. My use of Forexchief broker, gives me access to 1:1000 leverage. I use up to 1:500 and it works very well for me.

the newcomers think always high leverage contains high risk but i dont think so , if there is any risk its all about non-sense planing with zero risk management.

That depends on lots of factors and not just the leverage. What type of instrument you are trading and your trading account capital also matter when you choose a lot size to trade. Otherwise, it is on the broker what is the allowed size.

2 Likes

We must understand that if we are using a Lower amount of Trading leverage settings then our income in the business will be more.

Go for on lot size if you’re using this leverage. It’ll be safe.

Are you using any leverage in your trading?

Who is your broker that is offering you this much leverage?
Maximum lots can be depends on your trading, you can go for 100,000 or even 1000, depending on your trading and order.

1:500 with offshore brokers.

The lot size you want to use depends on the instrument you are trading and not on the leverage you are using. This means you can choose any lot size. Leverage will only affect the profits or losses that you make.

i dont think 1:3 leverage is gonna make any difference in trading. you atleast need 50 to 100X

The answer also depends from your capital amount mate.

May I know what you are trading? Forex or commodities? Also, lot sizes vary from one broker to another. I normally go for the lot size calculator that my broker offers on his platforms. Kinda makes things easy…

Well if you want to trade more number of lots then you should go for higher leverage. Some brokers offer less leverage so you need to decide what works best for you and accordingly find a broker

I personally don’t think that using leverage is a good idea especially if you are a beginning trader, because it brings lots of risks despite the opportunity of high incomes. Of course you can use them in case it suits your risk management strategy, buy you have to use it wisely and it’s really wise to use the minimum leverage which your broker offers to you. Gradually, you can increase this leverage and stay stable because you will gain knowledge, skills which allow you not to lose all your deposit. It’s neccessary to think of risk management and money management every time you decide to use leverage.

depends on the amount present in your account. The leverage is also related to the amount/margin available in your account.