Live Account Trading - Daily Video Analysis

Hey Traders, how goes it? This is Duane

My goal is to show you how I trade my Live Account using my trading strategy.

I have been a Live Account Trader for some time but this is the first time posting the exact details of how I go about doing it. It will include the factors that determine my Trading decisions, my Video Analysis of the market using my techniques and the trades that I am thinking of making.

More importantly, I will show you my 6-12 Month trading goals so that you can see what my goals are from Forex Trading.

MY METHODOLOGY

Here is the Methodology I use

[B]

1. Using Candlestick Patterns and Trend Lines on the Daily & 4 Hour Charts for Market Direction

2. Using the 4 Hour Chart for my Entry

3. Targeting 100 to 200 Pips Per Trade (Stop Losses average 100 Pips)

4. I Risk no more than 5% per trade.

5. Holding Trades for 2-7 Days, depending on the type of trade

6. Never Monitoring my Trade until the trade is closed (very important to avoid emotional trading)

7. Using FXCM Trading Platform for Entry Signals-

This platform provides the best version of the New York Close of the Daily Candle- crucial to trading strategies like mine. Strangely, even though other platforms use this candle, FXCM charts seem to be the most accurate.

[/B]

The Daily and 4 Hour Charts offer greater stability and reliable Entry Signals. Indicators tend to give conflicting signals and clutter my charts. Day Trading was fun when I did it back in 2006 but the volatility of the smaller time frames makes it an unrealistic option for trading.

The Larger Charts also help you to predict major movements and reversals much better, keeping you away from trading losses.

GBP USD JANUARY 18, 2017

PREDICTED RALLY

RALLIED AS PREDICTED

Economic Analysis is also unnecessary for my style of trading. As an Economist who worked at my country`s Central Bank, I can assure you that most of the data released weekly are volatile and unreliable. If you are going to use Economic Data, long-term data is your best bet. But since my trading is done within a 7 Day time frame, that type of data is also not of much use.

TRADING STRATEGIES

I target several types of market conditions

[B]1. TRENDING MARKETS

2, CONSOLIDATION MARKETS (Trading between Support & Resistance)

1. BREAKOUTS FROM CONSOLIDATIONS

2. FALSE BREAKOUT REVERSALS

[/B]

My strategies are adjusted depending on the type of market conditions faced. Usually the main change is the holding period. Consolidation Breakouts tend to take 5-7 Days, while the others take 2-5 days on average.

TRADING PLATFORMS

Now, even though I use FXCM charts for my Entry Signals, I actually preferred to use Dukascopy back when I started Swing Trading in 2011. However, the 2015 Swiss Bank shocker got me thinking it might be time to make a switch. Fortunately I didnt lose money- actually got out just before it took place based on where I had projected the market to pullback…

Nevertheless, I decided to start looking for a broker with Negative Balance Protection. This led to me to FxPro where I now trade. Even though FXCM also provides this, customer service has never been the best.

TRADING GOALS

With my style of trading, trading is done 3 times per month on average. Losing money to Day Trading is something I have experienced, and it aint gonna happen again. Its better to protect your capital trading slowly and patiently targeting the best setups that have a High Probability of Success.

For most of my trading, average Rate of Return has been between 50% to 100%.
However with the addition of more aggressive strategies, this now the goal over a 6 Month period

6 MONTH TARGET

Extending it to 12 Months will give you approximately 120% Rate of Return, accounting for losses along the way.

So that is my Trading Methodology and Goals in a nutshell.

In the next post I will give you the results of my trading so far since the switch to my new broker (up 12%)

It will include the Setup and Forecast for the trades and the analysis of the results.

Until next time, safe trading.

[B]
Duane

DRFXTRADING[/B]

1st Live Trade was on the NZD JPY.

Setup was a Counter Trend Line Break/U-Turn on the Daily Chart

This was the Entry Setup on the 4 Hour Chart…Stop Loss was placed a the Support of the Pennant which is usually safe, as long as the Pennant is strong. Target was set for 200 Pips less Pip Spread.

After a few days, target was hit…

With just this one trade, up by 9%.

This was a great trade and a good example of how much better Swing Trading is relative Day Trading.

You can easily spot trades using the Higher Time Frames, enter them, leave them for a few days, then reap the rewards when target is hit.

No need to sit in front of the computer all day waiting for the right trade or watching your trades and the stress that comes with it.

Day Trading benefits brokers more than the trader…lots of volatility and pressure to meet daily targets makes this style less profitable.

Swing Trading, Less Trading, More Money.

[B]
Duane

DRFXSWING TRADING[/B]

Hey all

Next trade was on the EURO AUD in January, couple weeks ago

This was the setup on the Daily Chart, a False Breakout Reversal, heading back inside of Range back to Support

Eventually, 4 Hour Chart gave a signal to take advantage of the Bearish move

Couple days later,

Up 12% now from just 2 trades, just a few trades left for 60% target.

Original target was 120 Pips, but after the 2-Day Limit I establish for trades of less than 120 Pips, it was only up 88 Pips (FXCM Demo, 81 Pips FxPro Live)

Another advantage of Swing Trading–see the bigger picture, wait for the right opportunity, take advantage of it.

False Breakout Reversals take place all the time when market does a head fake at one end then heads back the other way.

These can be traded once we see a good setup on the 4H Chart with strong enough Stop Loss and a good entry.

Most important is to have discipline - always tempting to hold on to trades for too long- to establish a Maximum time period to hold trade.

[B]
Duane

DRFXSWINGTRADING[/B]