Live Forex Competitions?

and i havent got a beard yet so i stil get IDā€™dā€¦ordering a coke saves the embarassment lol :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL awww :wink:

Some of you may or may not already be in a contest whether you know it or not. IBFX (u have to sign up for this one) and FXCM (live account over 1k) and ur automatically entered :wink:

Whats the prize? and how are you going to regulate it? Donā€™t tell me ā€œscouts honourā€ā€¦

I donā€™t think this will pan outā€¦

LOL not trying to sell anything, just trying to have a little fun ā€¦ you know? FUN ā€¦ donā€™t take everything so seriouslyā€¦ relax there ā€¦breath dudeā€¦ those kind of emotions canā€™t be good for your trading.

If you donā€™t take your trading seriously, you will failā€¦ that is for sureā€¦ there is nothing FUN about tradingā€¦ its pure business, and if you donā€™t adapt that kind of mentality, you will be one of the 95%ā€¦

We have no prize ā€¦ thats why I was asking if anyone knew where there was one ā€¦

well i have been trading full time since late febraury this year and have consistantly made 10%+ almost every week since and have grown my account over 2700% in over 7 months yet i still have fun trading, theres nothing wrong with enjoying your work, in fact it has its benefits

Hmmā€¦ this seems like a lively thread! :smiley:

Most brokers offer a monthly competition. FXCM enter every new Micro with a bal over $500 opend last Friday of each month until last Friday of following month.

I believe the winner has usually made around 400% most months and is usually a scalper by all accounts (last 6 months).

But on reading the Webinars of the winners they typically trade upwards of 5% of their bal and multiple trades without stops.

Now Iā€™m all for being entered into a competition if it doesnā€™t cost me anything, but if it leads to taking risks you would otherwise not take then this is not good.

I would like to think most here would not let the fact that they were in a competition alter their judgementā€¦ but on reading the posts fear otherwise! :smiley:

Im not looking to come in first, i agree with you on what usually happeneds ā€¦ mostly luck for the winnerā€¦ but im looking for a published list of names for a compeition that might span over 3 monthsā€¦ there is one starting in jan, but thats all iā€™ve foundā€¦

Hi FXGroundworks,

I am curious how you came up with your name as it is the same as a company that has been trying to sell me itā€™s signal software - fxgroundworks.com. Do you have any connections with the aforementioned company?

Now thatā€™s a very interesting question!

Will we find that ThePhoenix is spot on? Are you selling something, whether here or elsewhere?

Iā€™m starting to get the smell of someone possibly wanting to create a ā€œtrack recordā€ for a signal serviceā€¦

transparent as a pane of glass

Of course he f-r-i-c-k-i-n is. :smiley:

But I am pretty sure he has got the messageā€¦

BUSTED!

lol i have a feeling thats the last weā€™ll see of him although i just looked up the website and from what i can tell its a harmonic pattern recognition software his selling, isnt there something similar for MT4 which is free?

Yeah. ThePhoenix, Rhodytrader, and I had a ā€œheatedā€ conversation with him on another thread (that probably got deleted). It was revealed that heā€™s selling a signal service and after he insulted me I put him on my ignore list. :slight_smile:

Yupā€¦itā€™s called the Zup indicatorā€¦lol

And we have the 30 pips a day keeps your money at bay thread that has itā€™s very own mentor for those patternsā€¦all free.

how about a brief description of that, what is it in a nutshell ? I never heard of harmonic ocilators, although I have tried playin the blues on a harmonicaā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve played the trumpet and clarinetā€¦tacky high school band stuff ya knowā€¦lol.

Harmonic patterns are XABCD price wave patterns that are measured with fibonacci levels, and when those points are connected with lines, some of them look like a butterflyā€¦lol.

There are about 5 or 6 patterns, and when the retracements & swings between the points coincide with the major fib numbers like 61.8, 1.272, 1.618 etc, and those fib lines converge together, they are considered harmonic and basically show you where a turning point in the last wave will beā€¦itā€™s predictive with about a 70-80% accuracy rate.

Itā€™s not hard at all, and actually fun. Only about 2 sets of fibs are used per pattern.

:slight_smile:

interesting, Iā€™ll have to check that out

Take a look at the thread Sweet Pip talked about, itā€™s on Forextown I donā€™t know how to post the link. Itā€™s a really profitable way to trade, itā€™s fun and FREE!

Hereā€™s the linkā€¦ 301 Moved Permanently

I am currently involved in competitions run by Deltastock and fxcm, not doing to good in fxcm comp, but hope I have a bit of luck onn the deltastock comp.