London Breakout 1

Hi,

Im lazy and dont feel like reading the whole thread, but from what I see on these charts, you guys have changed the strategy.

Are you trying something new? I traded this strategy a 2 years back, you guys are not placing your trendlines correct.

cheers Cooldude

Hello again

One has to find the highs and lows after 00h00 est untill max 05h00 est, but it can happen before that.

Wow I lost my internet connection for 8 hours this morning… that sucked. I’d rather have my d*ck cut off than the net…

Cooldude,
I’ve been trying to use a high or low from the previous day and connect it to a swing high or low within the 5 candle period. But it all seems to be a work in progress…

My chart for the day. Corrections are welcome.

Aren’t you supposed to connect the highs and the lows of the last 2 candles as well? The opening of Frankfurt and the one before it. In other words, connect low of the last day with the low of today and the high of yesterday with the high of today -high and swing high, low and swing low. Just an honest question since I am still not sure how to draw the trendlines correctly. Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

This is what I have:

I’m still half a sleep and missed it but I think Muthu’s trend lines looked valid for the “early London/ Frankfurt open “ worth 30 – 40 pips too!

This morning there’s some GBP news around 9:30 london time

antonioforex

your lines look good!
here are my lines so far this morning, just a little different than yours

Hi,
What i am trying here is to catch the early break outs. I draw the trend lines atleast an hour before frankfurt opens just to catch the moves. If you have noticed after breaking the upward trendline, the move was worth more than 30 pips. A conservative trader would have taken atleast 20 to 25 pips off it and packed off. This is what i plan to do.

Regards,
Muthu.

OK, great! Just for the clarification, I am using EDT (New York time) and I just connected yesterday’s (19th) lows and highs with the today’s highs and lows. From now on I’ll try to use the Frankfurt breakout too and then London as well. The only thing that sucks is that I have to stay up all night :eek: It is 3:08AM here. Hopefully this pays off in the long run!

I just entered the trade (short) since it broke my trendline. Is this a correct entrance?

So I guess that was a valid entrance. At one point I was up 24 pips. I am still on a demo account so I let it ride. How do we decide when to close the trade without leaving too many pips out on the table? Thanks.

EDIT: Closed the position for +29pips !!!:slight_smile:

Antonio

Me too, I’m in Connecticut

I would look for 25 to 30 pips. If you see strong support/resistance areas before 30 pips, you might want to close early and settle for less profit for the day. You can also draw fibs to look for possible targets if you want to. With Cable anything can happen as we just saw; a nice swing up and down she goes south.

Regards,
Muthu.
Chennai.
India.

nice!!! :slight_smile:

Keep an eye open for another drop, I’m looking at the 1h with 20ma bolls and it’s looking a little bear-ish

maybe???

Yes, you are absolutely right. The pivot line is at 1.6361. I am using Fibonacci pivots on MT4. I enclosed it below just in case some of you guys would like to use it.

By the way, do you enter your positions on smaller TF?

[QUOTE=muthusai2000;143763]I would look for 25 to 30 pips. If you see strong support/resistance areas before 30 pips, you might want to close early and settle for less profit for the day. You can also draw fibs to look for possible targets if you want to. With Cable anything can happen as we just saw; a nice swing up and down she goes south.

Regards,
Muthu.
Chennai.
India.[/QUOTE]

GU PA spooked you. :smiley:

Just look @15m. PA is riding the lower outer 2:20, 3:20 BB.

Breakout is still on. :smiley:

I entered @.6398 short.

haha, yes you are right. I guess I should have had my TP set around the PP - 1.6361. Well, we do not want to get greedy do we :slight_smile:

Hey Cas,

[B]you’ve got 500 post![/B]

You think this is the start of the down move we’ve been waiting 3 days for?

D-Pip,

I know you didn’t ask me but here is my honest opinion below on the chart. You can see it where I circled it.

P.S. This is a daily chart.