Long time no see guuuys! :D (Ria's 2nd Trading Journal Attempt)

Yeah. :confused: :frowning: My stop loss was too tight and my TP was so far out. :sweat: I guess I just wanted to have that 1:3 risk to reward ratio. :open_mouth: But yeah. This is definitely a great learning experience for me. :slight_smile: It’s new and I’m still trying it out so I guess it’s normal that things don’t always go as smoothly as I would’ve wanted them to. :sweat_smile: But thanks for being here @justshell! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m still very guilty of this. :open_mouth: I just wanna make sure that it’s going towards the direction of the original trade I had in mind. And then when I get back, it has already passed the original entry I had in mind. :sweat:

Thank you soooo much Viper! I really hope so. But one thing is for sure, I won’t let these mistakes dampen my spirits. :smiley: Haha.

I loooove the support! Huhuhu. :hugs: :hugs: I’m sure you’ll do great yourself! :smiley:

So good evening guuuys! :smiley: Just wanted to drop by tonight before I go to bed. :sweat_smile: I hope you all had an amazing week, and I’m suuuper excited for this coming week! :smiley: It’s lent season over here and we have 2 days off! Hopefully I’d have more time to trade during those days. :blush:

Good night guuuuys! :smiley:

Hello hello helloooooo! :smiley: Hahaha.

How are you guys doing? :blush: My week has just been super busy and amazing. Now, I’m ready to get it on! :smiley:

Actually, I’ve had this open trade that I haven’t been able to update you guys about. :open_mouth: It’s also for NZDCAD. :sweat_smile: So hmmm :thinking: It looks like I’m gonna be looking into this pair the most. :smiley: Hope you guys are still interested even if it’s not a major pair :sweat_smile:

So for this trade…

Entry: 0.90190
TP: 0.88925
SL: 0.90833

Right now, I’m 99 pips in! :smiley: I’ll update you guys about how this trade goes. :smiley:

1 Like

In the meantime, I’ll just get on updating my spreadsheets. :smiley: Haha. I’ve been procrastinating so much lately and I know that’s not the way to go! :sweat_smile:

Hi guuuuuuuuys! :blush: Good afternoon! :blush:

Yesterday, parts of our country experienced a magnitude 5.7 earthquake. And it gravely hit an area that’s relatively close to where I live. :cold_sweat: During this time, I was on my way back from the grocery shopping when I got confused about why the cars on the road just suddenly stopped. :frowning: I noticed that there were electric posts that fell and were blocking the road! :frowning: AND TO THINK I WAS JUST LIKE A MINUTE AWAY after passing one of those posts. :frowning:

Actually, someone texted me right now and told me that another earthquake (magnitude 6.2) happened in another area of the country just 15 minutes ago. :frowning: :frowning: Let’s all be prepared and stay safe everyone! :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Oh! :open_mouth: Just to give you guys another update about the trade that I’m currently in, I’m just 15 pips away from my TP. :blush:

I’m already at 110 pips and I’m thinking of closing the position now just to make sure that I close with a profit. :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile:

I’ll let you guys know once I’ve closed the trade. :smiley: (I’d probably just observe it for the rest of the hour.)

Actually, looking at my chart and indicator now :thinking: given that price is below the 50 MA, I’m thinking whether I should just adjust my TP and SL and make those even lower. :thinking_face: What do you guys think?

I mean, I’m gonna be suuuuper happy with just hitting my TP, but maybe there’s an opportunity to bag more pips? :blush: :thinking:

Moved my TP to 0.88765 and my SL to 0.89572 for now. :smiley: I’ll be back in a bit! :slight_smile: I’ll update you guys about how this goes. :smiley:

Our well wishes are with you, nakababatang kapatid na babae.

The Ever Hopeful VIPER

1 Like

I’m sure you are Demo trading!

If Live, you closed that trade a long time ago. Real money comes with so much psychological glitch, your strong Demo mind will chicken out and close for 30 pips.

This is not to discourage you at all, keep doing what you think is best. I’m now watching this thread

And No Earthquake of any magnitude will come near you…

1 Like

Close half and take that profit. Move SL to breakeven, let the rest of the trade run with a trailing SL.
best of luck.

2 Likes

Welcome back ria_rose.

Your Trade Expectancy Sheet will be a useful tool to gauge your results but it looks too backwards-looking for me to say it will be very useful in improving strategy.

Its a database and the mistake most people make about a database is asking themselves what data can be put into it. This is wrong. The first questions should be what do I want the database to help me do, and the second question is, so, what data do I need to collect so I can do those things?

Collecting data on your win rate will not help you improve your win rate, it will only prove that you would like to improve your win rate (but you already knew that).

1 Like

that’s amazing Ria lol keep it up!

1 Like

Aba may mga Pinoy din pala dito, kumusta mga kabayan? (Wow there are other Filipinos here, how are you my countrymen?)

1 Like

Awwww. :blush: That’s so sweet @TradeViper! :blush: Haha. :slight_smile: Thank you so much. I really really appreciate it, especially since veterans like you are really helping us out. Huhu. We love you! :heart: I wish you all the best too. :smiley:

Yeah! :smiley: I’m currently trading on demo. :slight_smile: Don’t worry! Haha. I totally get what you’re saying. :open_mouth: And I’m gonna have to agree. :open_mouth: I feel like there will really be changes once there’s real money at stake. :open_mouth: But I’ll try to do my best to keep my head straight! :slight_smile: