Long time no see guuuys! :D (Ria's 2nd Trading Journal Attempt)

Thanks @justshell! :blush: You’re super nice. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah! :smiley: I locked in 61 pips and moved both my TP and SL. :slight_smile: Thank you so much for the advice! :slight_smile: I hope you don’t get tired of me. :sweat_smile:

Thank youuuu @tommor. :blush:

Oh. :open_mouth: Okay. I understand. :open_mouth: I’m really looking for more ways to make my wins more consistent, and I just wanna gauge how effective my current trading style will be. :thinking: Are you currently using any database or material? :open_mouth: I’m always eager to improve what I’m currently doing. :open_mouth:

Hi @GilasTrading! :smiley: OMG! Hello kababayan! :smiley: I’m sooooo happy to have another Filipino here. :slight_smile: Haha. :slight_smile: I’m from the Philippines. I don’t think Viper is, though. :sweat_smile: He’s just being super kind and friendly. Haha.

Happy happy Tuesday afternoon guuuuys! :blush::blush:

How were your weekends? :smiley: Did you guys do anything special? It’s summer over here so my friends and family always have stuff planned during weekends. :sweat_smile:

Have you guys heard of Boracay? It’s a famous tourist spot here during summer. I’ve never been there though. Haha. I wish I could visit it eventually!

But enough chit chat! Haha. I’ll update you guys about last week’s trade. :smiley:

So like I mentioned last time, I decided to move both my SL and TP. :sweat_smile: So by moving my SL, I was already able to lock in 61 pips, so that was great! :smiley: Haha. But my learning from this trade is that I shouldn’t have risked the 50+ pips I had for 20 more pips (because of my super small TP adjustment). :open_mouth: I should’ve just stayed with my original TP cause then price would have surely hit that and I’d be happy with 110+ pips. :open_mouth:

When a green candle formed above the 200 MA, I kinda panicked and realized that the 200 MA is serving as some kind of dynamic support. Now that it has bounced, there might be a reversal. So, I hurriedly closed my position with 107 pips. :open_mouth: It’s still a win for me, and at least I learned something new! :slight_smile:

Yes, I log all the trades I take and have done so for years.

The most important element is the strategy name. This can be a title or code but it relates to a strictly defined set of rules including set-up, entry pattern, position size, SL placing and TP placing (if any). Obviously, I also mark the market name, the dates of entry and of exit.

But if I make any changes at all the the rules set for the strategy, it gets a new title. So if I change the SL placing from using the daily range’s high/low to using 2 x ATR20, I can track the effect of that change.

Obviously I keep all the rules for all the strategies and its amazing the conclusions you can reach given time.

You really just make up your own strategies or do you also try out other people’s shared strategies? :open_mouth: I’ve never really tried naming my strategy. (Tbh, a lot of it is still discretionary so I’m not sure if this could still be called a “strategy.” :sweat_smile:)

Whoa. :open_mouth: That’s pretty neat. :open_mouth: Shows how disciplined you are as a trader. I’m still struggling with that, as you can see. I shared this trade with a friend and he said, “Why did you change your TP and SL in the middle of a trade? That’s risky business.”

I use strategies from all over and almost always end up modifying them at least a little bit.

Its not going to help if you can look back in 6 months’ time at a trade on EUR/USD that opened at price X and closed at Price Y and made $50 but you will have no idea why you opened it at X on this day, or why you closed it at Y on that day. In that case, how could you replicate it? How could you make it $100 instead of 50? How did you set the initial capital risk, and how could you reduce it?

In order to get better at what you do, you have to know what you do.

This makes sense. :open_mouth: I actually plan to add a trade rationale portion for each trade I take so that I could better understand my reasoning, and whether it worked out for me. :thinking: I also even wanted to add like a screenshot of my chart by the time I opened a trade. I just didn’t want the file to be too crowded and have so many things in it. :open_mouth: But after this, I plan to add those too. :open_mouth:

1 Like

no problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

how could that possibly happen?

1 Like

Good afternoon guuuuys! :blush: Happy happy Monday! :smiley: I hope last week went great for all of you. :slight_smile:

I was down with the flu over the weekends so I had to stay at home and just rest. :sweat_smile: BUT I’m feeling soooo much better now! :sunny: :sunny: I’m just checking out my charts right now, and hoping to see a good position. :blush:

Good luck to us this weeeeek! I’m super excited. :blush:

Hmmm. :thinking: And since I think I’m gonna stick with NZDCAD for this approach, I thought of checking out the charts related to this too. :slight_smile:

What do you mean? :blush: Haha. :slight_smile: I just moved my stop loss below my entry price to make sure that I wouldn’t lose the 61 pips that I’ve already won even if I get stopped out. :blush:

You are doing great, cheerful Ria. Just don’t stop learning and you will be inspirational female trader one day. My best wishes are with you and your patience.

1 Like

Awwww. :blush: Thank you soooo much @MK7nine! :slight_smile: It really means a lot to me. Huhu. :smiley: Of course, I still have a long way to go. But this gave me the boost I needed for the week. :blush: Good luck with your trading too! :blush:

1 Like

Hellooooo beautiful people of BP! :smiley: How are you all doiiing? :blush:

It’s still super hot over here in the Philippines (or at least here where I’m currently residing :sweat_smile:). The midterm elections just ended, and I’m still heartbroken about the results. BUT I’ll probably talk about it in a separate post cause I don’t want any negativity on this thread! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: I hope that’s alright. :slight_smile:

So, let me just update you guys about my trade for the past week. :slight_smile: I actually had an open position but I wasn’t able to update my journal! :confounded:

So last week, I opened a short NZDCAD trade. I went in at 0.88678. My SL is at 0.89246 and my TP is at 0.87756. :smiley: I was currently 57 pips in the green when I took this screenshot. :smiley:

I was actually planning to post it then, but things just got in the way. :cold_sweat: