Long time no see guuuys! :D (Ria's 2nd Trading Journal Attempt)

LOL, nevermind :joy::scream:

1 Like

Did you push through with this? :open_mouth: Thanks for your input btw! :slight_smile: Nice to discuss trades with someone who’s also looking at NZDCAD. :smiley:

Hi guuuuys! :smiley: Rainy Monday night over here in the Philippines. It’s really the rainy season now! :smiley: Haha. :slight_smile: This weather makes me wanna just curl up in my bed and sleep all day long. :sleepy: (And well, that’s what I did for the whole day. :sweat_smile:)

How are you guuuuys? :blush: Do you have any open trades right now? :slight_smile:

I’m still in my long NZDCAD trade but I don’t feel so good about this big red candle on the daily chart. :thinking: I plan to close my trade now with 40 pips. Still a win right? :smiley:

Anyway, I’ll let you guys know what I plan to do about it in a bit. :smiley: Haha. I’ll just go around the forums for now and see how everyone’s doing. :blush: Hope you guys don’t get pissed about how noisy I am. :sweat_smile: Got so much energy from sleeping all day. :sweat_smile:

40 pips is amazing. If you could shoot for 20 - 30 pips on each trade consistently then that’s a great start

1 Like

You don’t expect all green candles to your TP right? Retracements are inevitable.

You could be right though, but that red candle should not be the basis for your exit. A break even stop loss should give you peace of mind.

1 Like

I think you probably did the right thing. It is very possible you will get a test of support right where you entered. If you get a bounce back above, that means you have created a higher low. That would be a good opportunity for a second entry long.

Or maybe just pick an easier pair. NZD/CAD is so hard for me. :tired_face:

1 Like

Hi guuuuys! :blush: Happy Tuesday! I hope the week is going well for all of you so far. :smiley: :smiley: Do you have any open trades right now? :slight_smile: I actually have one, and I’m so sorry for not being able to update you guys right away! :open_mouth:

It’s just that I’ve been pretty busy last week cause I had to prepare for 2 birthday parties. :sweat_smile: One was for my baby sister and the other was for my cousin. :smile: Our family loves celebrations! Hahaha.

Anyway, I missed you all. :smiley:

So for my open trade, I’m currently short for NZDCAD. :smiley: I went short @ .87321 because I plotted this descending channel. :thinking: I put my TP at .86040 along the support area of the channel, and my SL just above the resistance area of the channel @ .87855. :smiley: :blush:

The trade is looking goof so far. :smiley: I’m currently 50+ pips in. :slight_smile: I’m feeling pretty contented with it so far, but I plan to close my position once price starts to move the other direction. :smiley:

Hahaha. :smiley: You guys might also notice that I traded 1,000 units this time. :smiley: (I usually just do 1 or 100 cause I’m just testing out my trades. :sweat_smile:) BUT this time, I wanna see how much I’d make if I start trading bigger units. :open_mouth: Of course, once I go live, I won’t open 1,000 unit trades right away though. :sweat_smile:

Reallyyyyy? :open_mouth: Why is that? :open_mouth: It’s my favorite so far. Haha. Which pairs do you usually trade then? :smiley: I might expand and check out other pairs too once I become consistent with NZDCAD. :smiley: Haha.

As always, thanks for the support @justshell! :blush: I ended up with 41 pips from that trade so I’m happy about it. :smiley: Haha. :blush:

1 Like

I trade primarily EUR/NZD 15 Min. The average Daily ATR has been around 95! The price action looks more like stock or futures trading rather than a currency pair.

I’m sorry to say that the past twelve hours has been a horrible example, unfortunately. But most of the time you’ll get some fantastic movements. I was able to pick up about 50 pips just in the European and early NY session last night. And that’s in spite of the fact the daily candle wound up being a doji!

I just took another look at NZD/CAD. It’s running about a Daily 55 ATR (30). And then I look at the price action and see just too much volatility for the amount of movement in the dailies. As a intra-day swing trader, I want tight channels that seem to run forever. I actually get that on a more consistent basis with the EUR/NZD. The EUR/ AUD comes a close second, but the channels are a bit too wide, better for scalping.

In your case though, you can trade pretty much anything from EUR/ USD to CHF/JPY or Crude Oil or Hog Futures, whatever! That’s because you’re on the daily charts and you don’t notice spreads and commissions. A very smart way to trade indeed. Keep up the good work.

Flat and buggn’ out, hope to see you during Asia/NY. Keep in touch

Hi guuuuys! :smiley: Happy Monday evening! :blush: :smiley: As usual, I didn’t open any trades over the weekend. But I closed my earlier trade with 36 pips. :smiley: Still pretty good right? :slight_smile:

I hope I could snatch a few pips this week as well. :sweat_smile: Any of you have open trades for NZDCAD? :slight_smile: Haha. Good luck to us this week! Wooooh! :smiley:

Actually, I’m watching my charts right now. :open_mouth: Remember the descending channel I plotted a couple of weeks ago? :thinking: Well, there’s this huge green candle that broke through that channel. :thinking:

I might open a position before I go to bed. :thinking: What do you guys think? :blush:

Hellooooo! :smiley: Good afternoon guys. :smiley: How are you all doing? :blush: I’m loving the temperature over here. :smiley: Haha. Not too hot, and not too cold. Just the kind of weather that’ll make you wanna stay in bed all day! Haha. :smiley: How about in your country? :slight_smile: I’ve heard it’s summer over the US. :sun_with_face: Please stay hydrated! :blush:

I wasn’t able to open a trade last night. :open_mouth: Too bad. :frowning: Cause if I did, I’d be in the green right now! :open_mouth:

I’ve decided to open a long position for this pair. :thinking: I went in @ 0.87894. I placed my TP @ 0.89205 which is around the area of my 200 MA. :thinking: For this trade, I’m considering my dynamic resistance, and my 50 MA as my dynamic support. Let’s see how it goes! :smiley:

1 Like