Looking for feedback from consistently profitable traders on my USDJPY Analysis

The charts below should give you a brief interpretation of the S/R zones and trend direction on USDJPY as I see it.

At the time of taking screenshots, price was at a support zone within a major resistance zone that is inside another major multi year resistance zone. From this observation my gut tells me I must wait for price to either break below the support zone it is currently in before I can take any shorts.

I must only go short since price is inside a very long-term resistance zone dating back to 1989. My understanding of maximising my edge and probability for winning trades is to in this instance only trade when I can go short which is when price is at resistance, or resistance within resistance, or resistance within resistance etc. etc.

If we are in white space on the chart but not too close to any support zones then I can take shorts. On the other hand, if we are still in white space but closer to support, I can take longs provided that the momentum is bullish on multiple timeframes.

There is a lot more I want to say but this is all I have time to share right now. Will likely post more thoughts on USDJPY price action later after some replies come in.

Please see the attached charts and let me know if you agree/disagree with anything I drew.

Thanks

1 Like

It seems like your analysis of the price chart features demonstrated is thorough and rational. What I would question is your selection of which features to analyse.

To be frank, I look for trades on the D1 time-frame which follow recent price action, but I only look back as far as 3mths to find them. In that context, all the TA I would take guidance from is bullish right now.

After trump introduced tariffs usd jpy became correlated to the stock market, which. Makes it dangerous, if not traded correctly- but you if u line it up with the stock market trend you’ll General be ok

Good luck :+1: