Looking for partial close + trailing stop EA

Hello traders! I have a specific request for my risk management that I would like to ask if there is an EA for. I would like the EA to be able to automatically close 50% of my position when price reaches my TP, and then automatically apply a trailing stop loss to the other 50%, leaving the second part of the trade running until it hits the trailing SL. Does an indicator like this exist?

Hi, I think this is custom settings, and it will be hard to find exactly what you need, anyway good luck :slight_smile:

@ProfesorPips I know there are EA’s that can do similar things, but I haven’t found one for this exact purpose. Do you think it could be made if it doesn’t already exist? My thinking was that someone must have been in the same situation as me before.

Hi @Vito95, find a Broker that offers a modern platform like Ctrader that has these features built in…

No need for Bots for Partial Closes, Trailing Stops or move stop to Break Even functions…

Metatrader MT4/5 are really lacking in automation in this trading environment…

2 Likes

@Trendswithbenefits Interesting, so cTrader has everything I need built in? I currently use Tradingview a lot, do you know if they have it as well?

I use this one for MT4, it does all the things you mention.

This tool looks awesome! Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

TradingView is not good for algorithmic trading

I use Tradingview mainly for chart analysis, which it’s fantastic at. Trading platform can be MT4 or cTrader.

Yes. But I prefer to stick with the same platform I’m going to use for trading. Also, I think is very important to be able to run the platform in your PC instead of the browser. Working locally protects code, research, etc.

I get that. Of course all my trades would still be running locally, just not the analysis. But of course I would prefer if these features were available in Tradingview. For me it’s the most versatile and user friendly platform for analysis.

Sailing in the same boat buddy. I’m seriously looking for an EA that could automatically trigger the trades and orders based on my parameters. Any suggestion about such a broker or platform with compatibility with EAs would be great.

Hi, what kind is this parameters, if you can clarify. Regards Greg

Try robo expert advisor with turnkey forex. Even though I’m trading with etoro too, I found the former’s EA better since it comes with a flexible trading strategy that places the trades on my behalf.

Yeah my friend’s told me about this EA. I guess it helps you create customized indicators or even revamp the existing ones. Been thinking of trying this but was hesitant.

See if it fits your trading style but only after you read the manual that comes with it. Best part I turned it off when I was confident of my strategies and skills to trade on my own.

Well if you’re a coder, this won’t be a problem. You can customize the settings accordingly. But if you aren’t, check out with your broker.

mt4: Download the 'Close partially' Trading Utility for MetaTrader 4 in MetaTrader Market
mt5: Download the 'Close partially MT5' Trading Utility for MetaTrader 5 in MetaTrader Market

Try to look at this. It’s free and maybe it’s what you’re looking for . (Close partially ea)

Though you can find some good readymade EAs online, you never know when they stop working and you will be in the middle of a trade sitting clueless. What I suggest is creating your own EA. You can take help from a programmer or learn programming yourself and build it.