Loss recovery trading

Made an overall loss of -16.44% in the month of December. I managed to make a profit of +8.35% in the month of January with the following stats:
Number of trades: 93
Winning trades: 37%
Expectancy ratio: 0.09

1 Like

Congrats! Change anything in your trading?

I actually didn’t change anything since I had some early success with my method. I have a feeling that during mid December up to early January the market was more unpredictable. Any idea?

Don’t really know. I need to go check my trade history for last year and do like a month to month comparison. I’m thinking maybe there were less trading days in Dec for me since the holidays. And I think lots of traders tune out like mid month. Not sure what the markets really do in December. It’s my first time trading during the end of the year like consistently.

1 Like

The market is unpredictable every month, but tends to be more bullish leading up to the holidays. All it takes is one good or one bad trade to tip the scales.

Good job. All you can do is follow your rules and continue to trade your strategy. What gives anyone their edge is having a strategy and following it to the letter, day in and day out.

3 Likes

Without crystal ball, you can’t do much

I bet you can do very well by using technical analysis properly.

I just build expert advisors and supervise it

Well, you have learned a valuable lesson. Indeed December is known to be unpredictable in trading.
I don’t know your strategy or the instruments you have been trading, but what I know is that some professional traders avoid trading in December or take it very carefully. This applies especially after December 20. Maybe it is wiser to stay away from the markets during the holiday season.
However, it is good that you decided to continue with your trading strategy and see how it performs in “normal” market conditions.
Good luck, you are doing great! An 8% profit rate in one month is not bad at all!

1 Like

I will definitely be more careful next time around holiday season. I am a momentum trader that uses multiple time frame analysis. 8% is actually low compared to some other months. I suppose I am on the right path. I will definitely practice more in this year.

Congratulations on your January trades! Keep it up and wishing you more winning trades in the coming months!

2 Likes