Lot size dilemma

i am doing a free trial on ftmos funded accounts, i am using a 10k account and i want to risk 1% per trade, that means i have to use 0.1 lot size on mt5 the problem is that if i use 0.1/0.10 i don’t get a $1 pip value but rather a $0.10 pip value

i have contacted support and talked to lots of agents and all they can say is that a 0.1 lot should be a $1 pip value

i even entered a 1 lot size on mt5 and that eventually gave me a $1 pip value, can it be that i am on a micro account where 0.1 is a $0.10 pip value?

i can’t add more photos but it’s exactly like i explained it

No, it doesn’t. I think you took the challenge too early

that was a typo

i have been profitable on demo for 6 months consecutively with a total profit of $6k so i don’t think i took the challenge too early :wink:

but still when i used 0.10 lots on my demo it was a $1 pip value so why isn’t it anymore? why do i have to use 1 standard lot to achieve a $1 pip value, ftmo says i’m not on a micro account either?

1 Like

Looks like it’s platform problem. So what means 1% risk per trade?

i got a response from ftmo, they said there was indeed a problem with that account and they gave me a new login everything seems to be working now

i was busy talking to lots of people and i guess my brain got scrambled, that 1% risk shouldn’t even be in the question it was something i was talking to with another person

1 Like

I think you are using a cent account.