Low, Medium, and High Impact News

For all the traders, would you ignore the Low and Medium Impact news and just avoid the High Impact ones?

This is a really good question, and something I have been wrestling with recently.

The answer changes depending on your timescale; the lower the time-frame, the smaller the traded movements, the more sensitive you are to news. ‘Impact’ is also just an opinion, and it is not unusual to see different calendars give different ratings to the same news events, and I have been bouncing between a few different calendars, trying to find one I trust.

For me, on the H1, I have found that most high impact events are best avoided, but you have some leeway with isolated medium impact events. I don’t even bother checking for low impact news these days.

2 Likes

i personally would not ignore anything

i would CONSIDER all of them and i would assign PRIORITIES to them

1 Like

If I trade on smaller timeframes I try not to open new trades before the important news, but if I trade long-term? for example on the Daily timeframe it doesn’t matter

1 Like

Theres more movement during the High Impact, higher potential profit

1 Like

I try not to enter the market when high and medium impact news. But I always watching of what is happening to the market at this time.

1 Like