Mac user looking for forex charting platform with specific features

I’m looking for a charting program with the following features:

1. Trade from the software
  2. Generate tick bar charts
  3. Good drawing tools
  4. Works on Mac
  5. Not incredibly expensive
  6. Broker data includes tick volume

I’m really struggling to find something that checks all the boxes. Tradingview is the closest I’ve found but they don’t have tick bar charts. ThinkOrSwim has tick bar charts but no tick volume.

Am I going to have to install windows in order to trade from a mac?

Hi, the most popular platform, MT4, was created for Windows, I suggest buying new PC with windows. This solution saving your time to looking software for mac. Regards Greg

1 Like

Check IBs TWS, it also has Mac version, but I can`t say its charting features are perfect.
To my mind, TOS is the most comfortable platform to work with charts.

Of course, you can use BootCamp of by a license of Parallels, but it would add more workload to your system, so think twice about it.

I’m a Mac user. I run Multicharts on Parallels. That’s the best charting software that I’ve found. Has some very cool features including chart trading. If you’re trading forex then you don’t need volume.

I recently auditioned MotiveWave. They have a native Mac version. I did not like the interface but you might. Give it a whirl.

1 Like

Thanks - I think I headed towards using parallels or bootcamp. I use the Wyckoff method so volume is essential (or tick volume in this case).

I’ll check them out (MotiveWave and Multicharts)