Macfibo ea

Is your EA, apart from the entry, exit (SL, MA Cross) and fibonacci pull-ups, does the following things since your EA implements 1.2 rules :

a) S/R Line Filter (if yesterday’s high ‘blocks’ 1.618, TP @ 127.2 or S/R Line)
b) Only open trade inside Asian and London session
c) Secondary signal?

Hello Earquake,

You can e-mail me or PM me the current progress of your EA. I am more than happy to help you interms of making sure the EA replicates as how the system would perform in Manual trading… well as close as the EA can ofcourse. I can give ideas what trading mechanisms that can be altered or remove to make the EA more functional… such as perhaps identifying S/R line zone can be too tricky to code compared to a specific rule like S/R Line is -10 pip of previous day’s LOW for example. We can communicate frequently. You don’t have to show me the code though I think I can read it and ‘dry run’ it (it looks like C++ to me as well, but I dont necessarily know how to code).

Regarding on publishing the EA publicly, I think you should hold that first and I totally agree, someone will take it and claim it it’s theirs and sell it. Don’t publish it yet. Let’s make sure the EA runs as close to the actual manual system first.

You need to compile the file as well buddy…

Yes, completely agree with sufiansaid on publishing the code. If you have put your hard efforts, then dont make it for free…
I am also developing it and so far so good - its not a loosing strategy atleast… :slight_smile: With a hardcode TP of 1.61% and SL of 32.8%, account at breakeven aproxx. But with TP of 1.27%, its a little bit better. It even more better if closing losing position at 5X8 crossover(if SL not hit).
I am yet to add Asia/London open and daily S/R filter and hope result gets much more better. Will post results if they happens to be good and promising…

a) In progress.
b) Done
c) Out of study until the main signal works perfectly.

Later I will write to you with the details.

I don’t said that I will sell the EA. This won’t be honest without the permission of sufian. I don’t know yet. But I will post all my findings. And at the end, a complete analysis, including monte carlo.

Maybe at the end I’ll share the source, I don’t know. I’m focusing in implementation, so please forget other secundary things.

To be fair, i think most people will agree with me on this, if you (earquake) come up with a sucessful EA i am sure people will be willing to pay to have it.

Another suggestion, if the S/R will be too complicated to code in the EA, maybe one can enter it manually? Since MacFibo is mostly for day trading, then “everyday” we input the correct S/R as we see it.

Of course, the previous day’s S/R will be easier to code, I guess.

Will that be possible?

No human intervention is possible because it can not be backtested.

In this system the S/R levels are very easy because they are highs and lows of higher timeframes. That’s a simplification, is a bit more complicated, but it is.

Prior days’ S/R should also be considered not just higher timeframes.

this is an indicator only,i dont see any EA at all.it is not automated trading robot.it just gives buy or sell signals.

Perhaps the EA can be programmed to stay out of the market if it is too congested and a time filter to ensure the EA only trades the best hours for this strategy?

Dont take it to heart dude, its the beginning of MAC-Fibo EA. No one has it as of now, This forum is to discuss the EA evolution…

Sufian i know your quite busy with the MAC-Fibo EA and other things, but if you have any thoughts about what may or may not work throw the thought out here and we can discuss it, it may save some time of your code writing and testing by implementing something which may not work or maybe someone here will have an improvement on that one indicator which you plan to implement.

For the moment the EA works only with daily highs/lows up to 16 previous periods. I know it has to be improved. I have an idea about it but I need more time. For now I want to do an overview of the strategy to see how it works and whether it is worthwhile to continue developing.

So far I like what I see but I need time. Patience.

Example of S/R as works actually:

White - Most Strength
Black - Most Weak

As stated in the v1.2 guide, there are two ways to determine the S/R lines… does the EA that you are writing can gives the users the option to choose which S/R line types that’d use? the basic ones and the advanced ones? Even myself, i’d like that feature if I wanted to use the EA.

I firstly need to hear from earquake the current status of his EA, what works, what doesn’t, his planned features etc etc… @earquake, I am still waiting for the e-mail buddy.

Can it be able or disabled? What was your definition (coding wise) between White lines (strong) and Black lines (less strong)?

I send you the details via “send email”. If you don’t receive it please pm me your email and I will resend the info.