Macfibo System Version 3.0

Ohh no no, not for this system. I was in scalping trades. On the other hand, for this system I’m currently in GBPCHF, USDJPY and EURCAD.

First two pairs looks promising so far! Third one not looking so good as I was abit late in entry I guess. Let’s see! Keeping my patience under control.

Just want to point out that even though is not fresh anymore but USDMXN still has a valid setup. It even managed to get into a discounted price around 22.300-22.400.

There is a fresh GBPCAD setup though I admit it went through series of toilet bowl handle high trajectory vomit price patterns in the last 5 trading days.

Hey @sufiansaid thanks for sharing, love this!
Have a couple of questions:

• I can see the ATR is calculated on 14 bars from your charts, just wanted to double check since that number is not in the PDF.
  • Do you have a few performance stats you are willing to share? For example win/loss trade ratio on forex (any pair) for the last years, or other stats.

Thanks!

Hey Snake (Big Boss or Solid Snake?)

So… the ATR is 14. Sorry I didn’t include that.

Performance stats? If its win/loss rate, then this system sucks a** in that department my friend.

Definitely solid snake!
Do you have any stat number to share? Not limited to win/loss, I bet other metrics would look nice :wink:
I’m interested in historic performance numbers you recorded while using the system if you are willing to share.
Thanks!

Have other questions after testing the setup :wink:

• When you establish a BIAS on 1D, for how long do you wait for the price to retrace in the ZONE and MA cross on the 30m? It looks to me that as long as the BIAS remains the same, you can enter a trade even several days after it was confirmed on the 1D, correct?

• Assume you enter a trade and you get stopped out, will you take any other MA cross during London session as a valid re-entry signal during the following days as long as the 1D BIAS remains the same?

Oh gosh that would be hard to produce mate, because :slight_smile:

a) I have been using this method for years now and I have used and changed brokers over the years
b) I have multiple trading methods hence sometimes eventhough a trade started with Macfibo but along the way I will enter a trade that is based on a different method that I also use
c) and most important point, each trade that were triggered by this method were not managed similarly. There are times I don’t scale out, sometimes I scale out, sometimes I split my positions up to 4 and sometimes it’s just two, sometimes I let the remaning position run sometimes I just stop when price hits 1.618 #trademanagement

What I can say this system generates very low win/loss ratio I guess and I split my positions when it hits levels I pre determined that would give me 2R, 3R and sometimes I let a winning trade continue and stopped out at 5R or 6R… based on MY estimation over the years but I generally don’t see a single trade as the be all and end all or binary hence I don’t really “track” this system’s exact performance because I build positions (portfolio).

It works for me. I have used it for 12-13 years and I haven’t thrown it in the garbage. I don’t use it to trade for my prop firm account though, not because it’s not good but It doesn’t suit with what the prop firm’s rules and profit target are. but for my own personal account and pesonal ROI target per year, aided with other systems, it works for me.

Sorry if i sounded defensive but those are trigger questions for me whilst I am sharing a system for free. I am sure you meant well. It’s just me LOL

I do not have a time restriction. I will consider it as a valid bias as long as

a) it hasnt reached 1.618 primary target (several pips short of hitting it I would consider it as a hit)

b) an opposing crossover hasn’t occur

c) if i had a certain fundamental analysis that supported my bias and it hasn’t shifted

Hehehe… the only concept you need to make a living

It doesn’t take a genius to be a profitable trader. It takes a maniac to be a profitable trader. hahaha…
Trading systems doesn’t need to be complicated. It doesn’t need to be complex. All you need is to find a repetitive pattern/price behaviour and then WALA… you trade it.

#randomthoughts
#IHATEWEEKENDS

*This is not Macfibo related chart (and I am using super secret illuminati indicator that can help me visualise if the price is bullish or bearish or stop moving…)
No I can’t tell you what it is… its a secret.

Anyhoo… what I am trying to say is that whilst picture perfect price action doesn’t happen everyday (or is it?) but it appears from time to time and that is when a good trader should capitalize it. Doesn’t matter what camp you think you are in… Trend trader, counter trend trader, price action trader, coin toss trader, random entry trader, toilet bowl pattern trader, mickey mouse ear bearish cancelling pattern trader… the way we make money is the same : buy low, sell high.

Trading should not be complicated.
Much love…

I am debating whether I need to say the obvious : that I am making a poor attempt to be both funny and sarcastic…OR everyone can see I am just being an idiot to post random stuff on a weekend. I can’t wait for Monday!

Be wary of risk events… don’t be a victim of ugly price spikes that takes out your stoploss

FRESH SETUP : AUDJPY

Thanks for the detailed answer!
Sorry didn’t mean to question your system. I’m doing simulations at the moment and was just curious to compare the numbers I get out of those to a robust system that is actively traded with success.
It helps to know for example what one can reasonably expect in terms of W/L ratio or R/R within a certain set of constraints.

The best scenario, and this is my guesstimate so I probably exaggerate the numbers here but I think it is not too far off though, is that first split of my position usually has up to 3R potential (recent swing high or low & 1.272%), the second split ranges between 4R to 8R.

If I had third split, which I let to wander until certain conditions happen i.e indicator based exit, its much less than the 2nd split and sometimes equal to the first split. now this is the best scenario. Trade management is if i have hit the first target then I will move my stoploss only based on price structures and what I feel about the market at the time (pretty discretionary hence a) i dont really cover this in the guide b) lack of hard solid numbers/stats to gauge this systems true performance)

2nd best scenario is only 1 target is hit and the rest of my position stopped out. sometimes in the tiny bit profit or stopped out at the stoploss completely. the final ROI normally just less than 1R or breakeven since the first split normally targets not less than 2R (2R-1R = +1R or 2R-1R-1R = 0R)

worst scenario is I get stopped out before hitting any targets and now, this happens many many times before price starts hitting the targets. There were times I entered up to 5 times before price finally goes to my intended direction (and heres a thing, there are several times I don’t put a hard automatic stoploss depends on my conviction of my bias - normally fundamental analysis driven, but I can discuss this in other posts). This stopping out multiple times contributed the very low win/loss ratio.

Just to add, the stats of a 5x10 crossover hitting the 1.272% in timeframes between H1 to Weekly for all major & cross pairs are not less than 75% and the probability of hitting 1.618% is not less than 55%.

Discounted price on offer now.