Macfibo system

Preparing to LONG EURUSD.

it was a short trade at 4pm sin time.

Hit TP on that one, a nice 20+ pips in 16 minutes!

MACFIBO Trade

Short trade hit SL (1:1 RR as I was anticipated news), however LONG trade triggered… hit 30+ pips @ 161.8. Sweet… Net pips 15 pips today. Another green day.

Talk about coincidence… (taken from earlier today)

[I]will take any sides today… as long as it is a Macfibo activation (duuuh!)… but If one have to ask ‘which side I’d much prefer’… I’d say UP. For that, I’d much prefer price to test 20SMA and perhaps made a quick Sell activation (fake Macfibo Sell?) and made a u-turn and activated a fresh Bullish Macfibo. If price not able to break 20sma to the downside, I reccomend to monitor the 5x8 for a re-entry (sorry for ver 2.0 delay!) and use 200.0 and 261.8 as your primary TP level… though a retest on 161.8 is safer.

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/43378-macfibo-system-19.html#ixzz1pa2URoQH[/I]

M15 trade perhaps? Because my short trade didn’t hit TP… infact it hit my SL.

MACFIBO SYSTEM UPDATE 20/3/2012

Two macfibo trades for EURUSD yesterday. Like Monday, Macfibo short sell was a horror story (especially those who used the 5x8 exiting system). As I expected some news (as posted yesterday), I put my SL @ 38.2 Macfibo (1:1 Risk Reward). It hit pretty quickly, much to my surprise.

It was one of the worst kind of Macfibo, didn’t even hit 127.2 to give us warning (such as thinning candles around 127.2, dojis, hanging man, haramis… etc) to exit. Price reversed with no mercy. Ironically, price did move according to my ‘preference’. Earlier yesterday, I said I’d prefer if EU would go up after a retracement and perhaps a quick ‘fake Macfibo’. It happened yesterday. Lost 29 pips on the short trade.

Put my second trade of the day, this time I felt better, not that it matters how I felt, I’d take the trade even if I had diarrhoea at the time of that bullish signal, but the wave pattern that was visually obvious made the trade like an A+ setup. Price moved quickly hitting 161.8, harvested 39 pips. I made 10+ pips net (NOT 15 pips as I thought last night). Pretty good year so far (as statistics shows, below)

MACFIBO STATISITCS (Update 20/03/2012)

Average Loss : 26.2
Average Win : 36.4
Net Pips : 719 pips
Win % : 65.3

Attached PDF and News Today.

MacfiboEU_record_2012_2032012.pdf (113 KB)

looking at your chart i noticed my 5EMA crossed over the 20SMA earlier than yours so i entered earlier. my entry bar was 1 bar before yours. this is due to the broker i am using :slight_smile:

also TP on the 2nd trade for the day for a TP of 30+ pips. tks buddy!

What is your broker if you don’t mind me asking. I am happy to hear you get 2 out of 2 trades yesterday. :smiley:

i use oanda for trading and fx primus/pepperstone for charting.

EURUSD looking at a long re-entry? if so, how should we approach the TP and SL?

MACFIBO EURUSD ANALYSIS 20/3/2012

Macfibo on H4 had reached 1.618 level last night (when we long the EURUSD on H1). I am anticipating three potential scenarios for today’s move.

H4 Macfibo

Since price currently on potential ‘top’, price could retrace all the way to 100.0 Macfibo level (more or less 38.2% retracement,. minimum retracement), price need to break 20sma inorder for this to happen… yes, a Macfibo sell. Beautiful. But like yesterday, anything canhappen.

One move I am anticipating is continuation towards H4 Macfibo 200.0 level, either after a short retracement (20sma support bounce, sell Macfibo fakeout etc) or yesterday’s high breakout during Asian or Asian-London session. Another move is, price re-test 1.618 level (yesteday’s high) and consolidate a bit before going down and retrace.

There are two setups I will trade, a sell Macfibo activation and a buy Macfibo activation… obviously. I will not trade if price continues going up without a retracement first. I rather price moves down and activates a Macfibo sell, perhaps get a quick touch on 1.618 if possible (and i hope activation will be right up there to give ample space for the 100.0 retrcement level be equal to Macfibo H1 sell 1.618 level).

Got bored and did this (see attached) :30:

Preparing to SHORT EURUSD in 45mins (providing 5ema crossed 20sma).

GBPUSD hit 161.8 already. COngrats to GBPUSD Macfibo traders.

Is this looking like a convincing cross, or is a cross a cross? Already been burned by GBPJPY this morning with a massive reversal!

this one looks scary as strong rejection up. didnt take it. rather miss than get caught wrong footed.

I’m with you - waiting for a cross in the other direction now.

Interesting if 161.8 will be beaten on this candle’s close, gathered profit from 1.32285->1.32085 though already

Looks like it’s beaten it with ease - well done for getting on it. I guess this answers my previous question: a cross is a cross is a cross! Probably would have taken it had I not had a big hit on the GBPJPY earlier, those darned emotions keep getting in the way!

This system is definitely working for me atm, and as well as you I was a bit nervous on the first trades (although I’m doing demo), but if it crosses you better get on it and place tp bravely at the 161.8 zone!

yup, guess it goes with territory. need to follow the rules strictly and accept losses that come ;p