Macfibo system

MACFIBO SYSTEM UPDATE 22/3/2012

Sell trade triggered within the hour of London Open. I again set my SL @ 38.2 Macfibo level (1:1) because I would be on my iPad and I don’t know how to set auto exit when 5x8 buy happen. Plus… there were plenty of economic news later that day so I just set @ 38.2.

There was a bullish ‘spike’ that almost hit my SL. Just for the record, there will be days when your SL got hit almost as if just to piss you off!.. and continue hitting your pre-determined target… well without you in a trade ofcourse.

Fortunately, my SL didn’t hit and price continued like a waterfall and hit my TP. That’s only half of my favorite part… the other is… look how price bounced as soon it hits 1.618! Seeing that price action, you know you have maximized your profit as soon as price broke 20sma. I harvested 37 pips in this trade.

Happy trading!

MACFIBO 2012 STATISTICS (Update 22/2/2012)

Avg Loss : 26.2
Avg Win : 36.2
Net Pips : 786
Win Percentage : 66.6%

****Updated PDF attached in First Page

hi sufian, great day yesterday. 2 out of 2 wins :slight_smile: hope to do it today again.

in your 4 years of live trading were you just using EURUSD macfibo or a mixture of methods?

I’ve traded Macfibo (old and new) with EURJPY, GBPJPY, USDJPY, EURNZD and EURUSD.

I have traded plenty of other methods (some developed by others, and some by myself) but not as much as Macfibo. I can say 90% of my trades are Macfibo. Macfibo is my favorite and one I deemed as more ‘reliable’. Other methods are for different type of trades such as for my ‘scalping’ needs and ‘long term’ needs. Macfibo is for my ‘daily pip’ fix.

yup…macfibo is my current daily cuppa of tea :slight_smile:

hope to continue drinking this tea everyday…cheers!

Macfibo Sell Trigger

Set my SL @ 38.2 (Its not 1:1, perhaps almost 2 : 1 in my favor). Update when I made loss/win later.

**I do take note the bearish engulfing candle at PT A, I am anticipating a reversal as well in which I will take as soon as 5 cross 20sma to the downside. But, I can’t predict the price action. The R:R is good so I will take the trade… mechanically.

hi sufiansaid,

thanks for sharing your system with us. I am a silent observer for your thread so far. Would start testing it now.

Question, do you take pivot point, S/R, round number, etc into your consideration before you enter the market?

I enter the same as u, it is right at the Daily Pivot & 1.272 is right before the Weekly R1. I just put the pivot & S/R indi on for monitoring purpose, as your rules did not take that into consideration, but u did mentioned it is info worth to consider.

tq

Hi there, there are times when things such as pivot will block the way and sometimes Macfibo will just break it. It does help if Macfibo triggers as the pivot is out of the way but it is not always necessary. You can tweak and modify the trading rules all you want buddy. If you don’t feel comfortable trading/TP at 161.8 because pivots is on the way, just TP at these S/R levels. It’s all about testing it and obtain statistics.

When 127.2 is more or less equal to previous day’s high/low. I will just TP there. :smiley:

After looking at infinipips chart and where he puts his PT A, makes me question my PT A. Is it the bearish candle or after that. Then I made a little investigation. PT A (the crossover) is infact at the bearish candle. 5ema is above 20sma. So infinipips, I think you should consider to change your PT A (up to you if you wanna hehehe… any losses cause from this, I can’t hold responsible… )

thanks for the quick response. Let see how it goes :wink:

my mistake… well no worry, I take full responsibility on all my trades, nobody else :smiley:

in this case, PT A shd be at the open of the bearish candle.

I calculated the daily pivot for today. Price is trading above it right now. I just thought Id share this to all of you guys. In a +ve pips now, testing 127.2 now (m15 forming a double top). Just stick to your stops. Relax. Watch a movie or something. :smiley: Off to watch Goodfellas.

Sufian,

Is there any way we can post our charts in better resolution, so if anybody needs to download and zoom??
or we can start skype chat for traders here following your system, I am sure it will help

regds n thanx

i m out with a few pips loss as 5EMA crossed below 8SMA :frowning: news not good.

My SL got hit too. Classic London open reversal. Chin up steo, there is always the next trade.

Let me digest that suggestion okay brother hehe… Im in the car now driving… I will reply properly once im in the comfort of my trading desk… Which i wish i coukd call my home office… Someday… Someday.

well was lucky as lost only a few pips :slight_smile: waiting for the next ride down. lets hope it is smooth and quick :slight_smile:

Based on my quick visual analysis, there seems a head and shoulder pattern forming… It would be an interesting price action in the upcoming hours. Waiting for another signal. Happy trading.

There is a good opportunity to go short on EUR USD and EUR GBP right now

Managed to take 143 pips on EUR USD. Got Stopped on EUR GBP (On Fib 61.8)