Macfibo system

Ya, was away just now, & came back TP hit. Good.

I see EMA5 crosses SMA8 earlier, lucky I was away. :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks, Sufian

Yeah, you were lucky there;)

I’m trying to follow the system though and even if I miss something good, I know that the system gives me better results anyway:)

Disregard that question. Just realised 5x8 earlier. Damn iPad chartings…

lol…so lucky. are u in for the 2nd one?

Thank you for the confidence. fixed SL and 5x8 exiting styles both have its pros and cons. Today you lose but tomorrow you will win. Keep trying the system buddy. Any question just ask.

well if u were in that trade u would have loved ur ipad ;p

yup bro sufian. i lost earlier but just got back in the game with a win :slight_smile:

Is there a 2nd entry?

or are you enter when EMA5 crosses up SMA8, sort of re-entry, as long as PA remain above EMA20?

yup…re-entry.

bro sufian, for re-entry how should we put our target? SL?

Will cover that indepth in the 2nd version writeup… But quickly, TP will be 200.0 and 261.8… Depending on specific conditions. SL is 5x8… The fixed SL is not fully tested yet. Ive always used 5x8 with ok results.

Just to clarify, re-entries is risky and considered as Aggresive trading. My most success are from the basic signals. Maxfibo statistics will only be logged based on the basic activations, not re entries.

ok got it. tks bro!

QUOTE=sufiansaid;334666]Will cover that indepth in the 2nd version writeup… But quickly, TP will be 200.0 and 261.8… Depending on specific conditions. SL is 5x8… The fixed SL is not fully tested yet. Ive always used 5x8 with ok results.[/QUOTE]

Just made 100+ pips on USD CAD (Short) and EUR USD (Long)

Well my nervousness was wrong, it has touched 127 Fib, but sadly I closed the trade manually in a loss :frowning:

1 trade entered last night London time, 2 trades entered today, all hit TP.

Long on NZDUSD, short on USDCAD and USDJPY. Total around 38 pips (NZDUSD and USDCAD were for small gains) which I’m happy with.

Dear Sufian, How would you determine the PT A on a chart like this, can you please tell me, I am abit confused.

Hello Muneeb,

Sorry for the later reply. I had internet connection problem yesterday. The PT A would at the OPEN candle of the activating candle since the candle is “opposite to the signal”. Meaning Bull Candle for a Bearish signal. Please refer to the chart below.

I am very happy that overall people are making pips trading the system. Keep posting and reading. :smiley:

MACFIBO SYSTEM UPDATE 24/3/2012

I told myself to be a spectator yesterday, thats what I certainly did… until the re-entry. Since I am about to ‘release’ Macfibo version 2.0 anyway (perhaps as soon as the Best System of the Month March winner announced… hehehe… vote this if you like…not that it matters If I win or not), so I’ll just give a little preview how a Macfibo re-entry works (based on yesterday’s price action) and how we set the TP and more importantly SL.

Firstly, there was the main entry during Sydney Session, which I ignored (I will trade during Asian Open up to London close, throughout the week. Those who entered the trade anyway and used the basic 5x8 exit system, you should just lost max 5 pips. Those who traded and use fixed SL, you should’ve gotten 40 pips.

I did not enter the initial signal, but I entered when 5ema recross 8sma while 5ema never broke 20sma to the downside (that’s the re-entry signal). Since price has hit 1.618 when the re-entry, I usually TP it at 261.8… but since 200.0 is near thursday’s high, I TP it at that level only. You could also be more ‘aggresive’ and just TP 261.8 and let the 5ema and 8sma tell you when to exit. What is my SL for re-entries? I never used fixed SL for re-entries, I just use 5ema and 8sma. I harvested 25 pips from this trade.

I bet you are wondering : Why didn’t I TP at 261.8

I always identify as daily High Low as significant S/R (when it comes to re-entries). Obviously price went up after hitting 200.0, if you tp at Wednesday’s high, I know you are smiling. If you tp at 261.8, well you can hold on the trade cause there is no 5ema 8sma recross yet… but I strongly suggest to put a fixed SL to Breakeven or protect some of your profit. Just exit when 5ema 8sma recross eventhough your SL hasn’t hit… take what you get.

Significant S/R

Taking Macfibo to the next level is not possible without analysing basic S/R. I mentioned it in the PDF guide. Picking Weekly/Daily High Low is a good point to start. Though, recent valleys, recent bounces can be identified as significant S/R. I do not like to make things complicated, not to mention SUBJECTIVE… even typing those word makes me flinch! Highly dependent on your experience and knowledge, picking SR levels can make Macfibo even more effective. But then again, trading the basic version is profitable too :smiley:

Summary Of Re-entries

-5ema recross 8sma while Macfibo still valid, TP accordingly.

• If fibo level is almost equal to significant SR, just TP there
  • If want to be aggresive, just TP at 261.8 and let 5ema 8sma decide when to exit (the basic exit system)
  • No fixed SL.

* For this thread, I do not log trade results that came from re-entry signals.

Anyone know a place where we can upload the pic for people to able to download it? Make it like a Macfibo Resource Site LOL!.. I am a little bit new with Forum but can’t you download it off the thread?

Skype Chat? I am assuming, since using Skype… we are literally chatting… as in ‘talking’. So it will be like seting a timetable or time when there will be a ‘webinar’ or ‘trading room’ of some sort? I love to help. There is noting in this world of forex that I love to do then helping fellow traders to understand Macfibo (apart from harvesting pips day in day out ofcourse).

How…evaa… There are several reasons why I am, so far, not so keen on the idea. Firstly, my spoken English… terrible. Secondly, I am not much of a speaker. So perhaps, maybe we can stick to Forum and maybe written ‘chat’… like in chatrooms or MSN or Yahoo Messenger. :smiley: