Macfibo system

Guys any good trade at this time? Is it me or the forex market is slow at this time?

I went short on GBPUSD after the signal came 2 hrs ago on H1, let’s see where it takes

same here bro, I m riding GBP USD (short). Lets see, My tp is at 161.8 and SL at 61.8
what about you.

My signal came 2 hours ago and according to my maths ur signal came 4 hours ago. How is it possible ;s:(

my signal was 17:00 GMT, btw I’m trading this one on my demo acc, perhaps, that may have caused difference…
TP same, but I’m going without fixed SL

Hello, terribly sorry for the late reply. My response now might not matter anymore. But I’ll answer it anyway. Re-entries is when I am mostly rigid with S/R, so I would’nt Long the pair, especially there was not much space. Moreover, during the ‘re-entry’ signal (5ema recrossed 8sma to the direction of Macfibo), the candle did not close above the Resistance.

How big of a close above resistance considered a valid breakout?
There is no straight answer for this. Minimum 20-25 pips usually, not always, good enough. But this is inconclusive.

Assuming from the time of your post (2.24AM Singapore time), I would have guessed it was after London close. Market usually thinned by that time. Were you short on EU?

Hello ramirez. Thank you for the interest of the system. I do not have my chart right now so I can’t properly comment on the The Yen H4 signal. I will do it later. But very quickly, I think your PT A (100.0 fibonacci) is out of place, I could be wrong though.

tks for the reply. seems re-entries are not as straight forward.

now still in my EU short. a bit slow and unnerving as had to leave position overnite. it cant seem to decide where to head unlike AUDUSD which was decisive in its movement down since yesterday.

anyway, any particular reasons why u only trade EU?

Hi Ramirez,

I believe you put your PT A at the wrong place (judging from your 100.0 fibs in your chart).

Actually, it is infact straightforward. I will explained every detail on re-entries in Macfibo PDF ver 1.1. I will publish it at the end of first week of April.

I am planning to expand my ‘pair portfolio’ but I need to gather enough data from it. I am currently testing on XAUUSD, re-testing EURJPY since this is one of my first pair I traded and AUDUSD. Not until I’ve gathered enough data (minimum 500 trades), I will keep trading EU.

Reasons why I trade EU apart from it gives me positive results (both backtesting and live trades) is obviously, the only pair I’ve concluded will work on EU. Backtesting and logging and analysing is hard work and takes time… 1000 trades is optimal sample size. I havent reached that far with XAUUSD, EURJPY and AUDUSD. I have my friends helping me to gather data on GBPUSD and AUDUSD though, results so far is almost similar with EU but I am only convinced once they’ve tested and obtain data from atleast 700 trades (In one year, on average, there will be 350 trade signals, both basic entries and re-entries).

looking forward to ver 1.1 :slight_smile:

seems like the EU maybe be stopped out soon if the 5EMA remains closed above the 8SMA.

MACFIBO SYSTEM UPDATE 28/3/2012

I took a Sell trade, I put SL at 38.2% as there was Consumer Confidence Data will be released 10 pm Singapore time. I TP at usual place 161.8. It was well above the ‘significant support’. The range during that activation was around 40-50 pips so there should be ‘more room’ to go. But as I said herehere, it is not 1+2=3. But also, if say Day 1 overstretched it’s range than it’s ‘normal’ range, the next day will be half of that. It was the case yesterday, Tuesday’s range was 175 pips, yesterday was 70+ pips… almost half.

Anyhoo… The sell trade was not really a success. A ‘bad’ consumer confidence data did brought the dollar weaker (hence EU went up,a reaction movement… more reason for me to stick with SL at 38.2) Price didn’t hit 1.618 though hits 127.2. There was a 5x8 recross but I still stick to my SL on that time. Only this morning I decide I will just exit when 5x8 recross and take what I can get. I was expecting a loss, but get 2 pips gain instead.

MACFIBO STATISTICS 2012 (Updated 28/3/2012)

Average Loss : 25.1
Average Win : 34.9
Net Pips : 840
Win % : 67.2

LAST 5 TRADE FORM (W = Win, L = Loss)
WLWWW (Total Pips : 96 Pips)

Updated Record PDF attached in first page

AUD: First signal, long 10547 - Cut loss: 10510 (fail one) (37points)
Second: short: 10510, still riding profit, move SL to 10462 (50 points)

There is a lot Macfibo happen in H1 time frame: JPY, CHF, gold…and most of them are fail one. Long AUD, EUR is follow trend, short AUD is counter- trend. Uhmm…make money not bad.

Just step out EUR
Whoa laooo… it continue to fall after SL?
Sell more?

same here. gotta wait for confirmation at candle close that the MAs crossed down again.

short JPY 82.94

MACFIBO EURUSD ANALYSIS 28/3/2012

I think I am obligated to share my S/R lines today since I’ve finally discussed it here in the thread (If it confuses you, just say the word I will stop mentioning it and focus on the basics… I will totally understand). To recap, to objectively pick the S/R line, you identify previous days (3-5 days backwards) High and Low, and see if those levels/zones been tested and obeyed atleast twice… if you’ve found them, then it should be significant.

We have Monday’s high tested twice yesterday. Friday’s high was tested and obeyed few times and now can be a potential support, should price breaks down in the remainder of the week. I’ve included yesterday’s low in the chart eventhough yet to be tested in the last 3-5 days but it could be tested today. I’ve also included US session highest price as a gauge how good a Macfibo buy would be (if there is a trigger ofcourse). I’ve mentioned this very very early days of this thread that it helps if Macfibo activates breaking the US session High-Low at the same time, but it is not necessary.

Honestly, I prefer a EU rally this week. In H4, granted price has hit 200.0 and yet to retrace fully at 127.2, perhaps there is still room for Bull. In D1, currently there is a Macfibo Buy at the moment. I know some will only take Macfibo H1 buy for the next few days. I do believe fundamental factors will be a deciding factor wether Macfibo D1 will break 127.2 barrier and move atleast to 161.8… OR retrace to 78.6.

I will take any activation today but will be wary of the S/R lines. Don’t worry whats happening on H4 and D1 for now. One activation at a time. Happy Trading

p/s : Thank you for the votes guys… I am surprised with the numbers

Good trade buddy! Keep posting and keep reading. :wink:

anyone got caught with the false short re-entry on EU?

Thank for your sharing, very nice view on EUR
My JPY hit TP point.